The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Some thoughts on Kris Bryant since I have been away and haven't been on this thread...

1) The kid looks as if he could be the real deal. Everything about his numbers and his swing suggest this.

2) The kid plays the game (I mean media game here) well. He has been well coached in the art of press conference bullshit and seems well adjusted.

3) All you Cub fans need to simmer down and let the kid work his way into this thing. Seriously, the fan and media pressure is just unfair.

It seems the hopes, dreams, and Vegas lines of the Chicago Cubs for the bulk of the next decade are now squarely on this kid's shoulders? That's off-the-rails nuts.

I am a Cardinal fan who really would like to see the Cubs get back in to contention and have some meaningful games against my club late in the year. I am a Cardinal fan who would really like to have a Cub player to "love to hate" and Bryant could be that kid. I am also a Cardinal fan who thinks some of you Cub fans need to check yourselves and not put so much pressure on this kid.

Just sayin.....

I agree, but damn he has been making it really easy for the fanbase.

Give the Cubs a year or two, and we will have a legitimate chance of dethroning the Cardinals in NLC finishing second in the division behind Pittsburgh and making a wild card spot. How much longer is Wainwright supposed to be pitching for you guys? Keep an eye on Wacha, for sure, too.

fixed

• Like 3

Some thoughts on Kris Bryant since I have been away and haven't been on this thread...

1) The kid looks as if he could be the real deal. Everything about his numbers and his swing suggest this.

2) The kid plays the game (I mean media game here) well. He has been well coached in the art of press conference bullshit and seems well adjusted.

3) All you Cub fans need to simmer down and let the kid work his way into this thing. Seriously, the fan and media pressure is just unfair.

It seems the hopes, dreams, and Vegas lines of the Chicago Cubs for the bulk of the next decade are now squarely on this kid's shoulders? That's off-the-rails nuts.

I am a Cardinal fan who really would like to see the Cubs get back in to contention and have some meaningful games against my club late in the year. I am a Cardinal fan who would really like to have a Cub player to "love to hate" and Bryant could be that kid. I am also a Cardinal fan who thinks some of you Cub fans need to check yourselves and not put so much pressure on this kid.

Just sayin.....

Give the Cubs a year or two, and we will have a legitimate chance of dethroning the Cardinals in NLC finishing second in the division behind Pittsburgh and making a wild card spot. How much longer is Wainwright supposed to be pitching for you guys? Keep an eye on Wacha, for sure, too.

fixed

Lol

Four games in PNC starting today. Should be fun.

Just sayin.....

fixed

Lol

Four games in PNC starting today. Should be fun.

Burnett vs Bryant today- my prediction for Bryant, 1-4, 3K, solo HR

Just sayin.....

fixed

LOL.... are the Pirate fans becoming the "This is OUR Year" Cub fans?

As with my prior stance on the Cubs, if the Cardinals don't make the playoffs, I generally pull for the NL Central club(s) (save for Cincy - I just can't root for that team). That goes the same for the Pirates. Of course, the Pirates would actually have to win an NL Central title for that to happen. I mean, come on, even the Cubs have won the NL Central 3 times since it was created in 1995!

;)

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Just sayin.....

Give the Cubs a year or two, and we will have a legitimate chance of dethroning the Cardinals in NLC. How much longer is Wainwright supposed to be pitching for you guys? Keep an eye on Wacha, for sure, too.

Wainwright is under contract through 2018.... for what amounts to a song in today's contract dollars. So, yeah, you are gonna have to deal with him a few more years.

Wacha could be the real deal, but those shoulder issues are something to keep in mind.

The Cardinals still have some solid pitching prospects and always seem to retool, but it's hard to imagine they will recapture the one-two punch of Carp-Waino any time soon.

Addison Russell has been called up. Looking forward to seeing yet another of the reasons for optimism in the Show.
  • Like 1

Yeah, he's only hitting .462 with a .692 slugging percentage and a .600 OBP.

But one guy booed him once.

• Like 1

Last year, the Cubs were 0-79 when trailing entering the ninth. This year, they've now won two such games after scoring three times off Pirates closer Mark Melancon for a dramatic 9-8 victory

But yeah. Ramirez and Grimm on the DL really hurt, they need to figure something out in the pen until they come back. Hell, try Jackson

• Like 1

Bryant goes deep. But foul, then watches a pitch six inches wide called strike three.
  • Like 1