The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Castro with the game winning hit off the mortal looking Kimbrel!

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

From the highlights,

Looks like they are upgrading the left field seats. Is that going to take all season to finish?

From the highlights,

Looks like they are upgrading the left field seats. Is that going to take all season to finish?

Probably, since the right field bleachers got delayed.

• Like 1

5-2 bottom of the ninth.

Looks like 6-5 on the year, and the first series loss.

When is Maddon going to quit trying to be cute and stop having the pitcher hit the 8th spot? It might just be a coincidence, but the few times ive clicked over to gametrackers of cubs games Ive seen the pitcher up to bat with runners on and 2 outs....
  • Like 1

When is Maddon going to quit trying to be cute and stop having the pitcher hit the 8th spot? It might just be a coincidence, but the few times ive clicked over to gametrackers of cubs games Ive seen the pitcher up to bat with runners on and 2 outs....

Twice today Lester came up with the bases loaded and two outs.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Twice today Lester came up with the bases loaded and two outs.

:facepalm:

Guess it wasnt just a coincidence

Some thoughts on Kris Bryant since I have been away and haven't been on this thread...

1) The kid looks as if he could be the real deal. Everything about his numbers and his swing suggest this.

2) The kid plays the game (I mean media game here) well. He has been well coached in the art of press conference bullshit and seems well adjusted.

3) All you Cub fans need to simmer down and let the kid work his way into this thing. Seriously, the fan and media pressure is just unfair.

It seems the hopes, dreams, and Vegas lines of the Chicago Cubs for the bulk of the next decade are now squarely on this kid's shoulders? That's off-the-rails nuts.

I am a Cardinal fan who really would like to see the Cubs get back in to contention and have some meaningful games against my club late in the year. I am a Cardinal fan who would really like to have a Cub player to "love to hate" and Bryant could be that kid. I am also a Cardinal fan who thinks some of you Cub fans need to check yourselves and not put so much pressure on this kid.

Just sayin.....

• Like 1

Some thoughts on Kris Bryant since I have been away and haven't been on this thread...

1) The kid looks as if he could be the real deal. Everything about his numbers and his swing suggest this.

2) The kid plays the game (I mean media game here) well. He has been well coached in the art of press conference bullshit and seems well adjusted.

3) All you Cub fans need to simmer down and let the kid work his way into this thing. Seriously, the fan and media pressure is just unfair.

It seems the hopes, dreams, and Vegas lines of the Chicago Cubs for the bulk of the next decade are now squarely on this kid's shoulders? That's off-the-rails nuts.

I am a Cardinal fan who really would like to see the Cubs get back in to contention and have some meaningful games against my club late in the year. I am a Cardinal fan who would really like to have a Cub player to "love to hate" and Bryant could be that kid. I am also a Cardinal fan who thinks some of you Cub fans need to check yourselves and not put so much pressure on this kid.

Just sayin.....

I agree, but damn he has been making it really easy for the fanbase.

Give the Cubs a year or two, and we will have a legitimate chance of dethroning the Cardinals in NLC. How much longer is Wainwright supposed to be pitching for you guys? Keep an eye on Wacha, for sure, too.