The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Eurgh. 4-0 Reds. Get it together, Hendricks

This is not the Cubbies best day.

Splitting with the Reds. Have to do better than that.

Yeah but Cincy should have won all 4.

Agreed. Now they have to average a series win the next three to get to your mark of 9-5 in the 14 game soft stretch. They will need a sweep to get to the 10-4 mark I suggested.

Doubleheaders are great for the fans, but not necessarily beneficial for team standings. I think the data shows half of all doubleheaders are going to be a split?

Agreed. Now they have to average a series win the next three to get to your mark of 9-5 in the 14 game soft stretch. They will need a sweep to get to the 10-4 mark I suggested.

Doubleheaders are great for the fans, but not necessarily beneficial for team standings. I think the data shows half of all doubleheaders are going to be a split?

I don't know about the data, but the only doubleheader this season we've swept was against the Cards.

I don't know about the data, but the only doubleheader this season we've swept was against the Cards.

Yeah. I am still not happy about that one... or those two is probably more accurate.

If the Cardinals went 15-147 and the 15 wins were all against the Cubs, I would call it a banner season. ;)

PS The comments about the 9-5 and 10-4 mark..... for some reason I thought your quote was LABT's. Long day yesterday, was short on coffee earlier today. Not reading well. Alas, the odd thing is I am freaking rooting for the Cubs to make the post-season. What the hell has happened to me?

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Yeah. I am still not happy about that one... or those two is probably more accurate.

If the Cardinals went 15-147 and the 15 wins were all against the Cubs, I would call it a banner season. ;)

PS The comments about the 9-5 and 10-4 mark..... for some reason I thought your quote was LABT's. Long day yesterday, was short on coffee earlier today. Not reading well. Alas, the odd thing is I am freaking rooting for the Cubs to make the post-season. What the hell has happened to me?

Scared of the Bucs :LOL:

OK, wind blowing out at Wrigley, facing a pitcher with a 6.43 ERA and 1.70 WHIP in 70 IP with only 41 Ks. Ten runs should be a minimum.