The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

Looks like a 7-0 record against the Metsies this year. Is this the end of the season series? Edited by laughedatbytime

By the way, the Cardinals fired their Scouting Director in connection with the Greatest Scandal to Ever Hit Anything, errrr, the Astros hack. Anyone think that is the final answer or is it the tip of the iceberg?

By the way, the Cardinals fired their Scouting Director in connection with the Greatest Scandal to Ever Hit Anything, errrr, the Astros hack. Anyone think that is the final answer or is it the tip of the iceberg?

Hard to say. I'm leaning towards "it's not over", though.

Cubs have four hits on the night, still win 7-2. Well, they got one win out of Clayton Richard which is one more than I thought.

44-36!

Marlins go down 2-0. 7.1 strong for Hendricks, and 2 runs on 3 hits...

And now for our chance at revenge against those funny looking birdfolk at the top of the division.

And then 3 against the minor league team in town.

• Like 1

f***ing Castro

I've been more than critical of Castro this year but that's not his fault, just a great defensive play. Then Bryant costs two runs with his poor defense. :banghead:

Edited by laughedatbytime

Today.....I will root for the cubs. Need to slow those cardinals down. Pirates have 2nd best record in MLB....I really hate the one game playoff for the WC, need to win the division this year.

The more the season goes on, the more likely it seems the cubs could get a WC spot. Looking at the NL, Nats, Dodgers and Cards seem likely to win divisions. Besides pirates and cubs, who else could vie for a WC?

Mets - Great pitching but absolutely putrid offense. There is no one in that lineup that could get hot enough to help them make a run

Rest of NL East - Yeah....no. MAYBE Atlanta, but really they have been trading and rebuilding. If Tehran can figure his stuff out, with Miller, they have decent starting pitching but highly unlikely

Rest of NL Central- Reds and Brewers? No

Padres- They seem good on paper. Upton usually cools in the 2nd half. Overrated starting pitching. Theyve already dug a pretty deep hole. I dont see it

Giants- Probably the most likely team to contend. Theyve lost 7 in a row, and outside Bumgarner, I really hate their starting rotation. If they dealt for an arm (Cueto, Hamels, Smardjiziziziaisiasa) that could change things.

Bottom line- the AL is much deeper this year

Today.....I will root for the cubs. Need to slow those cardinals down. Pirates have 2nd best record in MLB....I really hate the one game playoff for the WC, need to win the division this year.

The more the season goes on, the more likely it seems the cubs could get a WC spot. Looking at the NL, Nats, Dodgers and Cards seem likely to win divisions. Besides pirates and cubs, who else could vie for a WC?

Mets - Great pitching but absolutely putrid offense. There is no one in that lineup that could get hot enough to help them make a run

Rest of NL East - Yeah....no. MAYBE Atlanta, but really they have been trading and rebuilding. If Tehran can figure his stuff out, with Miller, they have decent starting pitching but highly unlikely

Rest of NL Central- Reds and Brewers? No

Padres- They seem good on paper. Upton usually cools in the 2nd half. Overrated starting pitching. Theyve already dug a pretty deep hole. I dont see it

Giants- Probably the most likely team to contend. Theyve lost 7 in a row, and outside Bumgarner, I really hate their starting rotation. If they dealt for an arm (Cueto, Hamels, Smardjiziziziaisiasa) that could change things.

Bottom line- the AL is much deeper this year

Over the last week the Cubs offense hasn't been much better than the Mets, apart from Bryant. Our bats have cooled down lately.