Feeling sorry for myself today

Virtualbob64

Hey guys,

I don''t really post alot especially lately.My name is Robert.I live in Atlanta,Georgia,and I am dying from inoperable pancreatic cancer.The Doctor says I only have 3 to 6 months left to live.I'm 50 years old,and have had 5 children(2 of which have autism)They are all adults now.I also have 5 grandchildren.My wife of 33 years is totally disabled due to an accident in 2003.I have made all neccessary arrangements,and have adequate life insurance I believe.I've worked hard all of my life,and taken care of my resposibilities.It's been a good life.If I had one wish before I go it would be to see Rush up close.These VIP packages they offer nowdays would have been fantastic.Never have been able to afford anything like that,and now I would actually need 2 because I'm not supposed to drive anymore,and I get tired very easily.That's a helluva lot of money.In light of everything it seems kinda silly now but anyway just feeling down today.Thanks for letting me vent,and y'all take care.

• Like 1

:( Not sure what to say but I am so sorry to hear about all of this. If I had the wherewithal you would be there front and center with anybody you would want with you too but sadly I do not. Having said that, I will be at that show nowhere near the front but would look forward to meeting you and hope you get there and damn close up front too. I am in my now close to mid-fifties and can't imagine what you must be going through. Prayers... :hug2:
  • Like 2

Cancer Sucks.

I'm so very sorry. That is tragic indeed.

If you're on Facebook - I belong to a support group of sorts that was created by my friend with a brother that has since passed on from "C"

https://www.facebook...oups/fukcancer/

Here you're among friends - those with a shared love for the band. :hug2:

We can be emotionally supportive, and hopefully provide an online shelter for you to vent when needed, & share your stories.

When you write them - they live forever, while we as humans cannot.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3

Cancer Sucks.

I'm so very sorry. That is tragic indeed.

If you're on Facebook - I belong to a support group of sorts that was created by my friend with a brother that has since passed on from "C"

https://www.facebook...oups/fukcancer/

Here you're among friends - those with a shared love for the band. :hug2:

We can be emotionally supportive, and hopefully provide an online shelter for you to vent when needed, & share your stories.

When you write them - they live forever, while we as humans cannot.

^^^^ Beautiful...
  • Like 1

Robert,

Reading what you posted really made me feel foolish about the things that I have been worrying over. They are not all that important in the grand scheme of things.

I certainly hope you continue to fight and never give up. Doctors have been wrong, and miracles have happened.

In the meantime, please lean on us for support if you need to. Your RUSH family is here for you.

Bless you......hugs.....

To Robert, I have absolutely no idea what to say, except that I am so sorry. I have no way of helping out. The best I can do right now is send you hugs, love and positive thoughts. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: