ART OF RUSH BOOK!

Jaminbenb

The jealousy in this thread is overwhelming.

Never mind... :)

What were you going to say?

I was just curious about your thoughts about the jealousy in the thread overall. I kind of get it and thought about and I can see where that could be the conclusion one could draw from some of it. Feel free to expand on the thought of you wish. Its not really necessary any longer as far as I'm concerned. That was all.. :)

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed.

U figured wrong.

• Like 1

I was just curious about your thoughts about the jealousy in the thread overall. I kind of get it and thought about and I can see where that could be the conclusion one could draw from some of it. Feel free to expand on the thought of you wish. Its not really necessary any longer as far as I'm concerned. That was all.. :)

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed. I think that's what basically fuels the amazement and anger at the merchandise they put out. Yes I know it's easy to say don't buy it, but don't buy it. It's pretty black-and-white. People act like they absolutely have to have every little item that comes out.

I could afford to buy the $1000 picture book but I still think it is a cash grab. There are shades of grey to this if you take your Rush-tinted glasses off. The band are aware that hardcore Rush fans have been collecting since the mid-70s and so they think of ever more expensive shit to put up for sale knowing a percentage of fans will definitely fork out for this. It's creating demand and it's taking advantage and it is piss poor.

• Like 1

I have a crown I'd rather spend my money on at this point in my life....and I mean a tooth not a tiara...

:goodone: and good luck with that crown... :)

I have a crown I'd rather spend my money on at this point in my life....and I mean a tooth not a tiara...

Be careful or you'll give the band ideas. A signed copy of the original crown worn on the cover of the AFTK album anyone?

• Like 1

Be careful or you'll give the band ideas. A signed copy of the original crown worn on the cover of the AFTK album anyone?

:drool: That I might be interested in!... jk

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed. I think that's what basically fuels the amazement and anger at the merchandise they put out. Yes I know it's easy to say don't buy it, but don't buy it. It's pretty black-and-white. People act like they absolutely have to have every little item that comes out.

I could afford to buy the $1000 picture book but I still think it is a cash grab. There are shades of grey to this if you take your Rush-tinted glasses off. The band are aware that hardcore Rush fans have been collecting since the mid-70s and so they think of ever more expensive shit to put up for sale knowing a percentage of fans will definitely fork out for this. It's creating demand and it's taking advantage and it is piss poor.

Agreed. Funny how they drop this tidbit on fans during all the current "final tour" hype. Everything is strategically calculated to manipulate us into buying into the corporate machine all three have become. Its really is insulting.

• Like 2

:drool: That I might be interested in!... jk

Give me a few days and there'll be a genuine copy of the original crown for everyone. Minted from the finest Iron Pyrites and branded with original signatures and only $2112!

Agreed. Funny how they drop this tidbit on fans during all the current "final tour" hype. Everything is strategically calculated to manipulate us into buying into the corporate machine all three have become. Its really is insulting.

Do you seriously not have any free will of your own? I don't feel manipulated. No one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy it. Some people just look for any excuse to cut the band down. What's wrong with them trying to make some money? They certainly deserve it.

• Like 4

Well I figure people get mad and say it's a cash grab when they most likely don't have the money to afford it and get pissed.

U figured wrong.

And of course you would say that.

aw comon! Not another must-have-item!! It´s enough!

First the vinyls, and then concerts, and now this! What do they think? That I am made of money!? At least they could wait until the vinyl releases was done!

Guys... this might come as a chock for you all.... But... I, YY Zumbi, the biggest Rush fan in the world, is... NOT buying this! :o

I just can´t afford it...

Just post pictures of it when you DO get it! :popcorn:

:laughing guy: ....

We have long since established that irony, apparently, does not exist in Swedish culture.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2014/07/15/drax4jpg-0d1a1d_960w.jpg

^^^ Swedish

Well at least my question to Eagle gave us all something to do for about 30 minutes... :)
  • Like 1

I like but if it comes down to something like this or another Rush show on this tour, I'd rather do another show.

Exactly. I used to be motivated by owning expensive "toys". I confused that with symbolism of success. Nowadays, I would much rather spend any disposable money on experiences. So, yeah, I could drop $1K on a schmancy book that will impress a few people at the house, or I could continue to save for a trip to hike Machu Picchu. I'd much rather see Machu Picchu in person and have memories of hiking in the Andes than have that book on my coffee table.

That said, I *might* get the $100 book.

• Like 2

Do you seriously not have any free will of your own? I don't feel manipulated. No one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy it. Some people just look for any excuse to cut the band down. What's wrong with them trying to make some money? They certainly deserve it.

Deserve it?

In what way?

Non-fans aren't going to buy the product, that just leaves preying on the sheeple.

• Like 1

Deserve it?

In what way?

Non-fans aren't going to buy the product, that just leaves preying on the sheeple.

Seems some sheeple need to grow some backbone or grow a pile of bills and responsibilities... :codger:
  • Like 1

The $99.00 version doesn't sound to bad for a good quality 272 page 12x12 photo book.

If you get it bring it to the meet up in Atlanta so I can see it cus I won't be getting it... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I just don't understand the hate in this thread. Someone is releasing a Rush book that is expensive. We have no idea if the band had any input in the price, although if it's an official release there is a possibility they're getting a cut of the profit. But remember, that is their business; they live off the profits made from their music and related items. Who are you to begrudge a band you like* to make a nice living off of their job? I'm sorry if you can't afford to buy the book, but is that any reason to hate on others?

* I'm assuming if you're a member of this forum then you like the band.

• Like 2

I just don't understand the hate in this thread. Someone is releasing a Rush book that is expensive. We have no idea if the band had any input in the price, although if it's an official release there is a possibility they're getting a cut of the profit. But remember, that is their business; they live off the profits made from their music and related items. Who are you to begrudge a band you like* to make a nice living off of their job? I'm sorry if you can't afford to buy the book, but is that any reason to hate on others?

You need a shave.

Ok to try making money unless u are going to be a WHORE about it.

I think the word hate in most cases in this thread is a bit strong. There is some bitterness I suppose here and there I will give you that. Maybe from me too. Who knows?.. :huh: :) Edited by Narpsberg

Deserve it?

In what way?

For all the great music they've given us? Can you tell me why they"don't" deserve it?

• Like 1

Deserve it?

In what way?

For all the great music they've given us? Can you tell me why they"don't" deserve it?

If they were being paid according to their "great music" quota then they'd probably have made more busking over the last 30yrs.

Deserve it?

In what way?

If they were being paid according to their "great music" quota then they'd probably have made more busking over the last 30yrs.

I'm sure Presto is still paying out

• Like 1