Curious: ATWAS 200gm Vinyl Reissue

Kingdirk

Definitely not. What with modern tables' sensitivity to weight and a tone-arm's vertical tracking force. stacking albums would throw off calibrations.

Mine has an even different color.... :)

http://s24.postimg.org/rcbo41npx/20140816_201140.jpg

Dude that's totally my album!! Lol my 37 year old copy has the same chips and big faded circle on the front.

I might but this new version but I'll have to pick up 2112 and CoS too.. Which is the problem.. Where do I draw the line?? I'm still working on my completing my collection of original copies..!!

• Like 1

Mine has an even different color.... :)

http://s24.postimg.org/rcbo41npx/20140816_201140.jpg

Dude that's totally my album!! Lol my 37 year old copy has the same chips and big faded circle on the front.

I might but this new version but I'll have to pick up 2112 and CoS too.. Which is the problem.. Where do I draw the line?? I'm still working on my completing my collection of original copies..!!

Exactly. I don't have anything past Power Windows on vinyl with the exception of VT remix my daughter got me for Christmas. I would really like to get HYF and Presto and probably will pretty soon... :)
  • Like 1

Looks like they did a great job on the reissue tones. That's what the original looks like.

Pretty cool that they stuck sides 1 and 4 together like the original too.

For the old stack and flip approach!
  • Like 1

Yes, there is a reason believe it or not. Back in the 60s & 70s (possibly earlier), the center peg would sometimes be really long with a kind or trigger near the top. You would put your album on and pull the lever, then automatically the vinyl would drop and you could then queue up side 2 while side one played and the same with sides 3/4. Probably not the best thing to do (play one album stacked on top of another) but it's the way things used to be.

Did a quick read-up on Wikipedia. It seems like it's something you wouldn't do on a manual turntable?

It had to be kind with the long center peg. Otherwise there was no where for the next album to sit in wait.

Edit...this is the kind you would need:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/SYouB1DkCoc/0.jpg

Okay, I think I got it now. So when the arm moves into the center it releases the next record on top, swings back to allow that record to fall into place and moves into position again? Or does it have two tone arms?

Yeah...stack and flip, baby! I grew up with that. It's the predecessor to the five-CD changer. Great for a party set-up, when reel-to-reel wasn't available.

My dad's reel to-reel could do three hours of music on slow play. Mix-tape!!!!!

• Like 1

Yes, there is a reason believe it or not. Back in the 60s & 70s (possibly earlier), the center peg would sometimes be really long with a kind or trigger near the top. You would put your album on and pull the lever, then automatically the vinyl would drop and you could then queue up side 2 while side one played and the same with sides 3/4. Probably not the best thing to do (play one album stacked on top of another) but it's the way things used to be.

Did a quick read-up on Wikipedia. It seems like it's something you wouldn't do on a manual turntable?

It had to be kind with the long center peg. Otherwise there was no where for the next album to sit in wait.

Okay, I think I got it now. So when the arm moves into the center it releases the next record on top, swings back to allow that record to fall into place and moves into position again? Or does it have two tone arms?

Yeah...stack and flip, baby! I grew up with that. It's the predecessor to the five-CD changer. Great for a party set-up, when reel-to-reel wasn't available.

And if you didn't move the plastic lever that held the stack of records back to the side after the last record dropped, the tone arm would come up, go back to the beginning of the last record, and play it again, and again, and again. . . . . My roommate used to leave it when she was studying (or drinking!) and not really listen, it would drive me nuts!! Fortunately, she liked the Who a lot.

• Like 1

And if you didn't move the plastic lever that held the stack of records back to the side after the last record dropped, the tone arm would come up, go back to the beginning of the last record, and play it again, and again, and again. . . . . My roommate used to leave it when she was studying (or drinking!) and not really listen, it would drive me nuts!! Fortunately, she liked the Who a lot.

A great way to learn songs by heart! :D
  • Like 1

Yeah, that used to be such fun, when artists had albums that flowed as a unit and all of the songs were good or at least pleasant to listen to, you would listen to them over and over. "Who's Next" and Deep Purple's "Made In Japan" off the top of my head . . . . .