2112 when I need it most :)

MMCXII

Not sure this is thread worthy but I don't care ..!

I'm in a strange town right now about to start a shutdown job in the area. I sit down outside a laundromat to enjoy the cool but sunny morning with a coffee and I hear faint music coming from around the corner from an outside speaker from some local station.. Some Rod Stewart song is finishing.. Then ..2112!! And as I type this I can see it's the whole song! Wow!

It sure is nice to know this band hasn't lost all its "outside-the-mainstream cult status" that I can still enjoy these moments :D

Anyway I've been stressed and this kinda made my day :) anyone else ever have moments like this?

• Like 8

I'm in a strange town right now about to start a shutdown job in the area. I sit down outside a laundromat to enjoy the cool but sunny morning with a coffee and I hear faint music coming from around the corner from an outside speaker from some local station.. Some Rod Stewart song is finishing.. Then ..2112!! And as I type this I can see it's the whole song! Wow!

It sure is nice to know this band hasn't lost all its "outside-the-mainstream cult status" that I can still enjoy these moments :D

Anyway I've been stressed and this kinda made my day :) anyone else ever have moments like this?

This is awesome. My experience was not so random, but happened last summer when I was first fully getting into Rush.

My job is working at a group home with persons living with mental disabilities...so, they liked to go play pool at this local hall sometimes which also has a kickass jukebox. I decided I needed to hear 2112 at that moment (or every moment at that time, lol). So, I think I downed about $5 into the juke to play the entire album all in a row. I had a blast in the least :D-13: .

Edited by geddylennon
  • Like 2

This is awesome. My experience was not so random, but happened last summer when I was first fully getting into Rush.

My job is working at a group home with persons living with mental disabilities...so, they liked to go play pool at this local hall sometimes which also has a kickass jukebox. I decided I needed to hear 2112 at that moment (or every moment at that time, lol). So, I think I downed about $5 into the juke to play the entire album all in a row. I had a blast in the least :D-13: .

That's awesome! I used to play pool in this little pub and later in the evening it would get over run with rowdy, overly drunk kids who would play dance music on the juke box.. so I'd put on The Fountain of Lamneth! It was so awesome watching these brats with their short attention spans whine to the management about the endless weird music they were hearing! And certain waitresses would even turn it up for me!

..But then they removed it from the juke box :(. I still had 2112 but I had to use it wisely haha!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 3

Oh man, FoL for the young childrens, brilliant ;).

The bars around here all have the digital jukeboxes, so you could find pretty much anything you wanted. Next time I'm at one, I think the hipster crowd would do well with back to back AFTK and Hemispheres...

• Like 2

The same thing happened to me at China King. Tai Shan came over the radio and I was like "damn, I knew it was a mistake to come here"

"The need to matter in a universe of anti-matter permeates us" ;) .. shoulda been at the laundromat!

Nice YBG post btw!

• Like 2

The same thing happened to me at China King. Tai Shan came over the radio and I was like "damn, I knew it was a mistake to come here"

"The need to matter in a universe of anti-matter permeates us" ;) .. shoulda been at the laundromat!

Nice YBG post btw!

Sometimes I even amaze myself. Thanks kind sir!

That's awesome! I used to play pool in this little pub and later in the evening it would get over run with rowdy, overly drunk kids who would play dance music on the juke box.. so I'd put on The Fountain of Lamneth! It was so awesome watching these brats with their short attention spans whine to the management about the endless weird music they were hearing! And certain waitresses would even turn it up for me!

..But then they removed it from the juke box :(. I still had 2112 but I had to use it wisely haha!

Lamneth...now that's just mean! :D
  • Like 1

How about playing CoS in its entirety at a local bar...That could be fun hehehe...

I was in the drug store and I faintly heard a Rush song. It was a great song and I never expected to hear it on the radio over the speakers in the store.

Just as I was ready to ask the pharmacist what station he had it on, he asked me to turn down my music!

Seems I was listening to my phone in the truck and did not turn off the tunes and brought the music inside with me.

I did learn one thing.

My pharmacist does not like Rush.

I may find a new pharmacist.

• Like 1