Ray Danniels Weighs In on a "Final?" tour.

mandydog

Huh. All those threads about Neil's drum set - where'd they go? It's like they disappeared. Were they removed?

I was going to post that GUMP tweeted this at 9:44pm Saturday night (it's now 10:36pm): "@Lornewheaton: You shouldn't always believe everything you hear. Unless it comes from the source. Which it didn't."

But that is cryptic. He says you "shouldn't always believe..." That doesn't mean it ain't happenin'.

Exactly. All Rush related social media including fan sites have simaltaneousky removed references to the drum kit and comments made by the kit's maker. This s@#t just got real. Lol.

• Like 1

Huh. All those threads about Neil's drum set - where'd they go? It's like they disappeared. Were they removed?

I was going to post that GUMP tweeted this at 9:44pm Saturday night (it's now 10:36pm): "@Lornewheaton: You shouldn't always believe everything you hear. Unless it comes from the source. Which it didn't."

But that is cryptic. He says you "shouldn't always believe..." That doesn't mean it ain't happenin'.

Exactly. All Rush related social media including fan sites have simaltaneousky removed references to the drum kit and comments made by the kit's maker. This s@#t just got real. Lol.

It's interesting that I haven't seen too many comments about it either like on Facebook or other sites.

I think tbe word you're looking for is "curious".

I've seen people posting links to the video, and a few comments, but they have all disappeared.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

(This board has admins?)

U guys need to chill. This will not be their "last" tour. They will reconfigure/streamline things. Remember, as long as the venues are paved with currency they'll figure something out. Also, most of u have fallen prey to their carefully-designed final tour "leaks", devised to increase chatter among the listening masses and boost ticket sales. Remember- they are businessmen first, and musicians somewhere else down the line! Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 1

I think they deserve to sit back and enjoy their lives now. Getting ready for a tour like they do is kind of like getting ready for a musical marathon. How much longer could they do it and keep it to the level of quality that they expect of themselves? As much as I want them to keep touring unless they come up with a new album of instrumentals, I think it would be better for them to stay home.
  • Like 1

It's a little bit scary to read the full interview. I know it's his job, but Ray sounds like he'd kill his mom to get another dollar.

I wouldn't go that far but I kinda hear ya.. That comment he made about thanking the Rolling Stones for the current state of ticket prices or something to that effect. Come on Ray, we don't need to hear that! It's kinda his job to make them money but still.

It's a little bit scary to read the full interview. I know it's his job, but Ray sounds like he'd kill his mom to get another dollar.

I wouldn't go that far but I kinda hear ya.. That comment he made about thanking the Rolling Stones for the current state of ticket prices or something to that effect. Come on Ray, we don't need to hear that! It's kinda his job to make them money but still.

The only significant difference pre Steel Wheels was that the premium pricing was hiding "off the books." Scalping was the way promoters could get more $. Now it's all legit and legal and oot in the open, with VIP, platinum and resale. Compared to the dangers wealthy athletes pose to society, rock musicians are underpaid.

U guys need to chill. This will not be their "last" tour. They will reconfigure/streamline things. Remember, as long as the venues are paved with currency they'll figure something out. Also, most of u have fallen prey to their carefully-designed final tour "leaks", devised to increase chatter among the listening masses and boost ticket sales. Remember- they are businessmen first, and musicians somewhere else down the line!

However, I do expect they'll take a bit of a break after this.

I think this is it. The vibe is family and other interests, and "let's say thank you to our fans and go out on top."

If there's something years from now, who knows. If so, it'll probably be a 4-6 show run somewhere like Massey or RCMH.

Edited by upstateNYfan

RD gave an excellent answer last night to "of this magnitude." To paraphrase- "we are most likely not going to tour next year. If we tour again, I would expect it to be scaled back. So, for example, if you are in Hamilton and want to see the band, it would probably be a good idea to go to TO or Buffalo...

Echoes with the sounds of salesmen!

But he is selling the best darn thing in rock!!

I am just saying, I am attending R40 show with the expectation that this will be the Final time I ever see Rush.

If you are NOT attending, or if you are going with the expectation of future dates do not be surprised by these dates being the end.

And no they don't HAVE to play Cleveland or Pittsburgh or London or Fargo..etc..

Yes we all HOPE to see a tour in some manner, some form in the future.

I see no reason to believe that will occur or NOT occur. Out of all of our hands.

My personal belief after following them for 30 years, is this is the end.

Let's all go see them, and what happens, so be it.

• Like 2

I am just saying, I am attending R40 show with the expectation that this will be the Final time I ever see Rush.

If you are NOT attending, or if you are going with the expectation of future dates do not be surprised by these dates being the end.

And no they don't HAVE to play Cleveland or Pittsburgh or London or Fargo..etc..

Yes we all HOPE to see a tour in some manner, some form in the future.

I see no reason to believe that will occur or NOT occur. Out of all of our hands.

My personal belief after following them for 30 years, is this is the end.

Let's all go see them, and what happens, so be it.

Personally...I thought the last tour was "IT".... (and the one before) (and DEFINITELY the time I saw them on the T4E tour.....)

• Like 1

I've never heard so much talk about retirement as I have with this tour. I also thought maybe it was it the last couple of tours they did, but you didn't have everybody asking them if it was going to be their last time out on the road. This time practically everything you see is that way. And even when Geddy is asked about it he looks sad for a second before saying he doesn't like farewells.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't admit to retiring...heck, I'd get "misty" talking about it if I was in their shoes.....(and in Neil's case DANCE shoes)

But I'm just glad that my T4E show in 1996 wasn't the last time I was able to see them...I got NINE more out of them, and this will be number ten! (God willing and the river don't flood)

I consider this "bonus time"!

• Like 1

Some of you have no idea what happens to you when you get older, but you will find out one day.

Answer: you keep on rockin! (See picture for evidence!)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/05/article-0-1876541F00000578-464_638x427.jpg

The Walking Dead Concert!

• Like 1

I think they'll take a break after this summer regardless, but it is possible that once they're out this year, they'll have more fun than they're anticipating and think 'Hey, why should we quit now? We LOVE doing this!'.

It'll be interesting to hear how Ged addresses the audiences and see the looks on the guys' faces. That may tell a lot as to their feelings about the future.

And I don't think the Stones comparison works since the drumming requirements for Rush are just a tad more intense. :)

And I don't think the Stones comparison works since the drumming requirements for Rush are just a tad more intense. :)

Charlie Watts has been dead for years but nobody has really noticed a difference in the drumming. :LOL:

• Like 1

Not to pick on poor Charlie, but if he and Neil swiched gigs for a night, we could run a poll guessing how many minutes into the Rush set will Charlie hit the floor. ;)

Not to pick on poor Charlie, but if he and Neil swiched gigs for a night, we could run a poll guessing how many minutes into the Rush set will Charlie hit the floor. ;)

My guess would be within the first 2 minutes. :LOL:

• Like 1

I think they'll take a break after this summer regardless, but it is possible that once they're out this year, they'll have more fun than they're anticipating and think 'Hey, why should we quit now? We LOVE doing this!'.

It'll be interesting to hear how Ged addresses the audiences and see the looks on the guys' faces. That may tell a lot as to their feelings about the future.

Yeah, the Stones are fun, but to comparing their bluesy stuff to Rush's athleticism is ridiculous. Mick is an amazing frontman (if not the best) but their music is far from ambitious.