Would you trade the entire PoW-S&A era of albums for one more album as good as those in the 2112-MP era?

laughedatbytime

Epic question  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade the entire PoW-S&A era of albums for one more album as good as those in the 2112-MP era?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. Take them as they are, warts and all.

I like Vapor Trails significantly more than I used to- and I didn't think would ever, ever happen. But just in the past 2-3 months, it has.

Even that which we consider a misstep can reveal its charms at a later time.

Maybe someday I'll even like Test For Echo. :huh:

As I said- I take them as they are, warts and all.

I stand by my choice. Synth era for life!!!!!!! i still on the whole prefer it to the 70's prog era. if i had to give up Hemisphers.......so be it.

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Not sure if serious...

• Like 1

I stand by my choice. Synth era for life!!!!!!! i still on the whole prefer it to the 70's prog era. if i had to give up Hemisphers.......so be it.

I want my HYF!!!

Mick

Not sure if serious...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/37832161.jpg

Clockwork Angels is my favorite album, and I love Test for Echo, Snakes and Arrows. Also, Counterparts is better than Moving Pictures to me. So no, no I would not.

This post is hitting me hard. Counterparts is a good album, often great...not MP awesome though. However, I understand totally. The 70's era, IMO is not their best work. Many people would disagree with me...and have...some quite vocally.
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels is my favorite album, and I love Test for Echo, Snakes and Arrows. Also, Counterparts is better than Moving Pictures to me. So no, no I would not.

This post is hitting me hard. Counterparts is a good album, often great...not MP awesome though. However, I understand totally. The 70's era, IMO is not their best work. Many people would disagree with me...and have...some quite vocally.

I'd rather have songs like Seven Cities of Gold ;)

• Like 2

I'd rather have PoW to CA because the musicianship is better and the songs are still great (for the most part)

To me, Power Windows is number 16 on my Rush album ranking. It's not that memorable to me.

• Like 1

I love Counterparts except for The Speed of Love. Otherwise, it's an incredibly solid album. Moving Pictures is good but a little overrated to me. The 70's era for me was their first peak and then they reached a slump when they released Signals that lasted until Counterparts was released and the sun came out.

• Like 1

I love Counterparts except for The Speed of Love. Otherwise, it's an incredibly solid album. Moving Pictures is good but a little overrated to me. The 70's era for me was their first peak and then they reached a slump when they released Signals that lasted until Counterparts was released and the sun came out.

And then there was a solar eclipse once Vapor Trails was released. :D

Not quite. The production on that album was a bit harsh but the songs were pretty good to great.

Not quite. The production on that album was a bit harsh but the songs were pretty good to great.

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. :)

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. :)

Okay.

• Like 1

No way. That's a lot of albums, and they all have something good about them! :7up:

Exactly. For me, even on my least favorite Rush albums there is still good or great things about them.