Drums!

Jaminbenb

Why don't you write it all out for us so we know what they said?

Yeah I'll get right on that....

Okay. Can't wait to see it.

In essence, he said that at "half time" they move this kit (the 1500 year old Romanian River Oak one) off the stage and put a replica of his black chrome Slingerland kit on stage, and they end the show as a bar band.

That website is usually pretty good at getting their videos up, so I'd give it a day or so...

Edited by Jaminbenb

Okay, I just watched the video on Facebook. He does indeed say that there are two drum kits. I agree that it's hard to say for sure if he knows what he's talking about, but it does sound like it.

Okay, I just watched the video on Facebook. He does indeed say that there are two drum kits. I agree that it's hard to say for sure if he knows what he's talking about, but it does sound like it.

Yeah, Good's a little "rambly"! hahaha!!

He definitely seems like a stoner, but I find it interesting that they don't mention any more about the second drum kit? I wonder if it's not being made by DW since he seemed to kind of blow it off pretty quickly.

Very interesting video clip of John Good's take on this upcoming tour...

He must of said 3 or 4 times that this Tour was the end...something Geddy would not say on That Metal Show.

Ending the set/night/tour/career?...with a replica Slingerland and a 'bar band' feel.

I don't know how credible this guy is...but he, at least, sounds pretty sure on how things are going down.

He definitely seems like a stoner, but I find it interesting that they don't mention any more about the second drum kit? I wonder if it's not being made by DW since he seemed to kind of blow it off pretty quickly.

It sounded like one of his guys is at least doing SOMETHING with it, so......

It sounded like one of his guys is at least doing SOMETHING with it, so......

Kind of hard to tell for sure since he didn't really say much. Maybe he realized he shouldn't have said anything after it came out of his mouth. :LOL:

• Like 1

He really tossed a lot of stuff out there.....I'll have to send a PM to Dan from Drum Talk to see what he found out that he hasn't released.

If we hear about them having kimonos specially made I am going to laugh. :)

I read that DW made TWO kits for him out of the 1500 year old wood...not that he was using the two separate kits (old and new) for the tour. My FRIEND's THEORY was that they made the two different kits....

Why do you have to explain everything on this board? You all need to stop smoking cheap weed....

Our fondness of the halfling's leaf has clearly slowed our minds...

• Like 1

I read that DW made TWO kits for him out of the 1500 year old wood...not that he was using the two separate kits (old and new) for the tour. My FRIEND's THEORY was that they made the two different kits....

Why do you have to explain everything on this board? You all need to stop smoking cheap weed....

:LMAO:

But I expect that stuff more so on the Grateful Dead Forums.... :codger:

• Like 1

That sounds like a bit of a pain the ass to have two separate risers, and to swap kits in the middle, but I suppose if this really is the last big hurrah, it's go big or go home. Poor Gump is gonna have his work cut out for him this tour.

That sounds like a bit of a pain the ass to have two separate risers, and to swap kits in the middle, but I suppose if this really is the last big hurrah, it's go big or go home. Poor Gump is gonna have his work cut out for him this tour.

My only concern would be sound check issues (unless they just do a quick check during the intermission)....as far as moving the risers? not such a big deal...probably why no rotation on this tour (which is fine...the electronic kit was cute in the 80's but seemed to be a bit unnecessary as the years went on) Look at how a lot of festivals run things by pulling one guys kit in and taking the previous guys kit out...doesn't seem to be TOO much of an issue if the right person is running it.

Or you could just put the other kit on the same riser behind Neil and spin it around, like for his e-kit? Maybe just put a black sheet over it if you want to sustain the 'mystery'.

However I also get the whole separate riser thing so things aren't too jumbled, as well as the surprise factor. Have the second riser pre-mic'd and just roll it out with a quick snake plug-in and ready to rock. The cool thing is the 'classic' riser could be really simple,stripped down looking to go along with the kit's vibe.

Neil's tour kit has already been on display - I don't think there are any surprises left there. I would guess the second kit was manufactured because this is not something DW can knock out on short notice if a drum was damaged or had some other material issue during the tour. Gump keeps at least 2 extra snare drums in his little area behind Geddy in case Neil breaks a head during a show. I would would imagine the second set is along the same line.

Neil's tour kit has already been on display - I don't think there are any surprises left there. I would guess the second kit was manufactured because this is not something DW can knock out on short notice if a drum was damaged or had some other material issue during the tour. Gump keeps at least 2 extra snare drums in his little area behind Geddy in case Neil breaks a head during a show. I would would imagine the second set is along the same line.

Well...there is this little rumor about a 70's replica black Slingerland as a 2nd kit.

We will see.

Edited by WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

My only concern would be sound check issues (unless they just do a quick check during the intermission)....as far as moving the risers? not such a big deal...probably why no rotation on this tour (which is fine...the electronic kit was cute in the 80's but seemed to be a bit unnecessary as the years went on) Look at how a lot of festivals run things by pulling one guys kit in and taking the previous guys kit out...doesn't seem to be TOO much of an issue if the right person is running it.

Yeah but festivals often have each band bringing their own crew, not one guy teching drums for the whole festival. It's doable, but extra work getting the mics all checked during intermission, and it's all one guy...Lorne. Like I said, he's gonna be working hard this tour.

Looks like the whole Chromey thing was just a rumor. Lorne put a post on Twitter essentially debunking it without specifically repeating it, but it seems pretty obvious to me what he meant. Doesn't necessairly mean DW isn't makng one, but as far as taking it on tour...doubtful. Edited by HalfwayToGone

Looks like the whole Chromey thing was just a rumor. Lorne put a post on Twitter essentially debunking it without specifically repeating it, but it seems pretty obvious to me what he meant. Doesn't necessairly mean DW isn't makng one, but as far as taking it on tour...doubtful.

What exactly did he say? Not everyone here has Twitter.

Looks like the whole Chromey thing was just a rumor. Lorne put a post on Twitter essentially debunking it without specifically repeating it, but it seems pretty obvious to me what he meant. Doesn't necessairly mean DW isn't makng one, but as far as taking it on tour...doubtful.

He said, "You shouldn't always believe everything you hear. Unless it comes from the source. Which it didn't."

He said, "You shouldn't always believe everything you hear. Unless it comes from the source. Which it didn't."

Sounds ambiguous to me.

Sounds ambiguous to me.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Also, Good is kind of the source right? He is the one in charge of making the drums? lol

The fact that basically all mentions have been removed from fan sites, FB, etc as a result of Rush management's request speaks pretty loudly as well.

Not holding my breath...but it would seem the rumor has some legs from what I can tell.