Rush new vinyls, 180 gram or 200 gram?

YYZumbi

Today I got from my parents the new Fly By Night vinyl as a birthday gift. But when I was looking on the package it said that its a 180 gram vinyl.

But according to Rush own website, http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/vinyl-rush-fly-by-night.html it is suppose to be a 200 gram vinyl. Why did I get a 180 gram?

My parents did not buy it from Rush own website. Is it something wrong? Can someone please explain to me why it says different on vinyl and Rush website!? :(

I know it´s only 20 gram different, but if it said 200 gram on Rush website, then I want 200 gram...

Who gives a f*vk???

I do.

Exactly.

Could you find something less important to bitch about and start a thread over. Oh of course you could! "Hand Over Fist 2015!"

Fuuck you! I have not done those threads in years, so just get lost.

Hey Zumbi, you've got it as a birthday gift, so where's the problem? 20 gram? Really?

It´s not really a problem (I guess anyway that it´s not a problem, have not played it yet), it´s just that I am wondering why I got a 180 gram, when it says 200 gram on Rush website.

Hey Zumbi, you've got it as a birthday gift, so where's the problem? 20 gram? Really?

It´s not really a problem (I guess anyway that it´s not a problem, have not played it yet), it´s just that I am wondering why I got a 180 gram, when it says 200 gram on Rush website.

Shit happens. You have a new, clean Fly By Night LP.

Go and f**kin play it jammy git.

Shit happens. You have a new, clean Fly By Night LP.

Go and f**kin play it jammy git.

Guess you are right....

• Like 1

The whole heavyweight vinyl scam is nothing but rubbish. I have old records form the 80's made from recycled vinyl that weigh as little as 80g. Thats right, eight oh. And they sound just as good as anything else. the trick in good vinyl is to get a good master and cut it correctly, then press it properly. The weight of the vinyl puck is compleltely inconsequential.
  • Like 1

Who gives a f*vk???

I do.

Exactly.

Could you find something less important to bitch about and start a thread over. Oh of course you could! "Hand Over Fist 2015!"

Fuuck you! I have not done those threads in years, so just get lost.

Years? It was like 6 months ago!

:laughing guy:

The whole heavyweight vinyl scam is nothing but rubbish. I have old records form the 80's made from recycled vinyl that weigh as little as 80g. Thats right, eight oh. And they sound just as good as anything else. the trick in good vinyl is to get a good master and cut it correctly, then press it properly. The weight of the vinyl puck is compleltely inconsequential.

Well said. I got vinyls in 180 gram and those below 180 gram and I don't notice a single difference in audio quality/fidelity. The only difference is its flexibility. Rule of thumb, don't be that stupid to flex your LPs just to see how heavy or lightweight your LPs are.

Edited by PolarizeMe