R40 Live radio ad said "this is it"

Moose

What station? Do they have online streaming?

I heard it during Super Bowl post game coverage late sunday/early monday on WMVP Chicago. It seemed like a normal radio ad for the Chicago show and I found it telling that the script had the big voice announcer guy saying "this is it" in the middle of the ad. Also at the end he added "dont miss it", but I figure they could say that for any tour.

Just a few minutes ago, I was listening to the local classic rock station. They played "Show Don't Tell", and afterwards, the DJ quoted an interview with Alex talking about last tour, how they were so exhausted afterwards, and how they REALLY LIKE being home with their families.

This made me think, Alex, if you guys don't want to tour anymore, by all means, DON'T. You guys don't owe us fans anything more. Ending your touring career at such an amazing high level is a GREAT way to call it quits. Stay home and live life to the fullest. You have our unending gratitude!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

(Deep announcer Voice- With Tom Sawyer playing in the background) You grew up with them, you got laid to them, you did everything to them. Now for the last time for the final time. For the final finale. No we are serious THIS IS IT! . Well maybe. I mean they could come back. But NO- THIS IS IT! RUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! - 1 Night Only- Unless you live in Toronto, but we understand that eh? The unofficial farewell to the Kings. The Final 'Countdown', NO NOT EUROPE! Those posers are long gone....It's RUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!

Followed by a very fast read disclaimer:

This is not a farewell tour, just a promotion gimmick, no drugs, no bags, no fun allowed prior to the concert. Illegal Ticketmaster fee, facility fee, bathroom water fee, electricity fee, mob payoff may apply.

Just a few minutes ago, I was listening to the local classic rock station. They played "Show Don't Tell", and afterwards, the DJ quoted an interview with Alex talking about last tour, how they were so exhausted afterwards, and how they REALLY LIKE being home with their families.

This made me think, Alex, if you guys don't want to tour anymore, by all means, DON'T. You guys don't owe us fans anything more. Ending your touring career at such an amazing high level is a GREAT way to call it quits. Stay home and live life to the fullest. You have our unending gratitude!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

...but please, please, please keep recording new music.