1st Rush concert

G Lee

Make sure to arrange to get there early! There is nothing that can be more stressful on show day that trying to work a full day and cutting it close getting to the venue, fighting with traffic, etc. Take the afternoon off and get to the venue, or close by plenty early. Grab dinner close by, get inside early, grab a beer, take a nice walk around the venue to get a good venue of backstage, grab another beer and make some new friends. Be prepared to have an awesome time.

If for no other reason than Rush is probably the most punctual band on the planet. 7:30 means the intro music/video will start at 7:30.

Rush is also the only band in the world where you can pick up some C# or Java programming tips from the guy sitting next to you. :fuckinputer:

i only know C++ :(

What if I am the fat dude smoking the herb ;)?

Don't know about looking at setlists ahead of time as I kind of like to let concerts unroll fresh.

I just hope people around me like standing, bc I need that in my life.

And merch is a must! Still have stuff from each Tom Petty show I've attended and treasure them.

This show will be so epic.

i was in the nosebleeds for the Chicago show last tour at the UC, I was the only one in my section standing :( hopefully your seat is up towards the top, or else people will probably get pissed off.

i'll be there too! but i went a little crazy and bought floor seats of stubhub :cool:

as for tips, everyone else is saying to look up the setlist, but i say don't. i'll probably be avoiding this website like the plague from opening night until 6/12 AND unfollowing most people i follow on Twitter that are into Rush just so I don't get any sniff of what will be played.

i'll put it this way, you hear the songs that are played no matter what. would you rather be excited when they play your song by surprise at the concert, or find out a month in advance? I choose the first one

• Like 2

The only tip I have is for the most part, just put away the smartphone. Unless you have great seats in front, you won't get great pictures or video and it's annoying enough looking past heads without also having to look past smartphones. They will definately do a video release of this tour, so just wait to buy that and enjoy a professionally made video of the concert. Or if you're cheap like me, watch the free copy on youtube.
  • Like 2

Rush is also the only band in the world where you can pick up some C# or Java programming tips from the guy sitting next to you. :fuckinputer:

i only know C++ :(

well here's your chance to broaden your skills. Come early and bring your laptop.

• Like 2

Make sure to arrange to get there early! There is nothing that can be more stressful on show day that trying to work a full day and cutting it close getting to the venue, fighting with traffic, etc. Take the afternoon off and get to the venue, or close by plenty early. Grab dinner close by, get inside early, grab a beer, take a nice walk around the venue to get a good venue of backstage, grab another beer and make some new friends. Be prepared to have an awesome time.

:goodone: :rush:

:goodone: :goodone: :rush: :rush:

Regarding standing in front of handicapped folks in wheelchairs...even if you paid a lot of money and are determined to stand and rawk out the whole show....just don't. If you get seats in front of the wheelchair folk, be respectful and chill your jets and sit the f**k down. They can't stand up behind you. Nothing grinds my gears more at shows than seeing that shit.
  • Like 1

Regarding standing in front of handicapped folks in wheelchairs...even if you paid a lot of money and are determined to stand and rawk out the whole show....just don't. If you get seats in front of the wheelchair folk, be respectful and chill your jets and sit the f**k down. They can't stand up behind you. Nothing grinds my gears more at shows than seeing that shit.

Regarding this, no, I am not this kind of caliber of a** wipe. Would never do this and would probably give someone some unkind words if I noticed it occurring.

If you're going to take any pictures or video at all... word from the wise and been there done that! Don't waste your time you only miss the real show! And the quality that will turn up on YouTube will blow you away with some of the setups these peeps sneek in. Then you say to yourself damn I missed this and that. My favorite shows are the ones that I watch and sing every song to!

Mike

I can't second that enough. I see so many people wasting time filming. I prefer to watch the show. I'm one of the few that actually still brings binoculars when my seats are not up front.

That drives me nuts watching people at a show spending the whole time trying to record it on their phone. I will take a few pics here and there, but I am not holding my phone up to record all the show. Just a few weeks ago I was able to see one of my favourite metal bands of all time, I secured myself a spot on the barricade and spent my time watching the band rockiing out, living the moment. I can watch their DVD at home later

My advice is to try and capture how you feel the moment Rush starts their first song, and burn it in your memory forever! I will never forget how I felt the first time I saw them, especially the first song. It's a special feeling I recall often.

ENJOY!

• Like 2

call NASA after the show and persuade them to launch a Voyager updated version to the Universe including Rush full catalogue, because mankind can't do better