All-Steroid League

Riv

I have an answer - let's have a seperate league for all professional sports for steroid users. THIS would be interesting to watch. Superhuman strength, poweful hits, glass-shattering slam-dunks, little balls. Acne. Liver damage.

Seriously, I'm for it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 6 2005, 02:34 AM)
And you have to be tested. If your test comes up clean, you get banned from the league. Zero tolerance.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 6 2005, 02:37 AM)
The one that can handle the most steroids (highest tolerance) gets the MVP! icon_alienjig.gif

It would have to be dosage to accomplishment ratio.

There is one thing I have always thought about steroid use in baseball. I'm not for steroids in any manner, but does it really help them all that much? I mean, you still have to have some skill to be able to hit a 95 MPH fastball. Sure it gives them more strength, but if you can't hit the ball in the first place it wouldn't make much of a difference. Once again I'm not for them, but this is something that I've always wondered. confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 6 2005, 04:10 AM)
There is one thing I have always thought about steroid use in baseball. I'm not for steroids in any manner, but does it really help them all that much? I mean, you still have to have some skill to be able to hit a 95 MPH fastball. Sure it gives them more strength, but if you can't hit the ball in the first place it wouldn't make much of a difference. Once again I'm not for them, but this is something that I've always wondered. confused13.gif

laugh.gif Yes, you have to have some skill to be a pro ball player. Taking steroids and sitting on your ass will not make you strong or skilled at anything. But, add them to a solid workout and you will increase in size, strength, endurance, etc. It will take you to a level above where you could normally go.

But don't let any of that be glorifying, because they are extremely dangerous if you don't take the proper precautions. And even still they F you up.

QUOTE (Riv @ Aug 5 2005, 08:16 PM)
There is one thing I have always thought about steroid use in baseball.  I'm not for steroids in any manner, but does it really help them all that much?  I mean, you still have to have some skill to be able to hit a 95 MPH fastball.  Sure it gives them more strength, but if you can't hit the ball in the first place it wouldn't make much of a difference.  Once again I'm not for them, but this is something that I've always wondered.  confused13.gif

laugh.gif Yes, you have to have some skill to be a pro ball player. Taking steroids and sitting on your ass will not make you strong or skilled at anything. But, add them to a solid workout and you will increase in size, strength, endurance, etc. It will take you to a level above where you could normally go.

But don't let any of that be glorifying, because they are extremely dangerous if you don't take the proper precautions. And even still they F you up.

Indeed. I'm a baseball player myself and I've heard stories of kids my age taking things like steroids. Not sure exactly what they're called, but it basically does the same thing. When you work out, it makes you stronger and the muscles get huge. I work out on a regular basis and it's been going great for me. I've gotten so much stronger since I started 3 years ago, and I'll never take steroids or anything like that. Some people just want the quick and easy way, but they don't realize it will hurt you in the long run.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 6 2005, 04:19 AM)
There is one thing I have always thought about steroid use in baseball.  I'm not for steroids in any manner, but does it really help them all that much?  I mean, you still have to have some skill to be able to hit a 95 MPH fastball.  Sure it gives them more strength, but if you can't hit the ball in the first place it wouldn't make much of a difference.  Once again I'm not for them, but this is something that I've always wondered.  confused13.gif

Indeed. I'm a baseball player myself and I've heard stories of kids my age taking things like steroids. Not sure exactly what they're called, but it basically does the same thing. When you work out, it makes you stronger and the muscles get huge. I work out on a regular basis and it's been going great for me. I've gotten so much stronger since I started 3 years ago, and I'll never take steroids or anything like that. Some people just want the quick and easy way, but they don't realize it will hurt you in the long run.

The main reason why people take steroids is because when you get older your testosterone levels aren't what they were when you were younger. At your age you should be able to gain a lot of strength naturally. They are probably doing something like m-1-t or 4-a-d bacause it is easily accessible. And I assure you that probably don't realize what they are doing to themselves. If their growth plates are still moving they will stunt their growth, and it can wreak havoc on your liver, for starters. STAY AWAY FROM THAT STUFF!!! Even if you know kids doing it. Read my nutrition thread and you'll gain faster than the posers.

QUOTE (Riv @ Aug 5 2005, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Aug 6 2005, 04:19 AM)

The main reason why people take steroids is because when you get older your testosterone levels aren't what they were when you were younger. At your age you should be able to gain a lot of strength naturally. They are probably doing something like m-1-t or 4-a-d bacause it is easily accessible. And I assure you that probably don't realize what they are doing to themselves. If their growth plates are still moving they will stunt their growth, and it can wreak havoc on your liver, for starters. STAY AWAY FROM THAT STUFF!!! Even if you know kids doing it. Read my nutrition thread and you'll gain faster than the posers.

I've always stayed away from that stuff and I always will. I don't want to screw up my body by doing something stupid like that when I could just gain the muscle normally. Besides, I feel better about myself after a good workout knowing that I'm building my strength naturally and not putting crap like that in my body. Nice thread Riv. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Aug 5 2005, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 6 2005, 02:37 AM)
The one that can handle the most steroids (highest tolerance) gets the MVP! icon_alienjig.gif

It would have to be dosage to accomplishment ratio.

All steroid use will be supervised by commissioner Jose Canseco and administered by league president Mark McGwire, who will enter a bathroom stall with each player to inject the performance-enhancing drugs into the player's ass.

The other thing that's not mentioned very often is Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It's why Bonds' head went up two hat sizes the year he hit 73 homers. There is also anecdotal evidence that it improves vision. So Bonds can probably see the ball like nobody ever has before. As a result, he walked over 200 times last year. Nobody wants to pitch to a bionic eye.

HGH is probably what caused Giambi's pituitary gland tumor. It probably contributed to Alzado's death as well. His article in Sports Illustrated, written shortly before his death, was one I will never forget.

There is no known test for HGH, so how will this new league monitor its use? By measuring hat size over the course of the season?

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 6 2005, 10:09 AM)
The other thing that's not mentioned very often is Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It's why Bonds' head went up two hat sizes the year he hit 73 homers. There is also anecdotal evidence that it improves vision. So Bonds can probably see the ball like nobody ever has before. As a result, he walked over 200 times last year. Nobody wants to pitch to a bionic eye.

HGH is probably what caused Giambi's pituitary gland tumor. It probably contributed to Alzado's death as well. His article in Sports Illustrated, written shortly before his death, was one I will never forget.

There is no known test for HGH, so how will this new league monitor its use? By measuring hat size over the course of the season?

They will have tests by seeing how fast they can catch a fly with a chopstick.

what

Hey, I think this is already being done, it's called the World Wrestling Federation. laugh.gif

I wonder what % of Wrestlers in WWE doesn't take roids? Like 5%? confused13.gif

Archived