Pot Roast Recipes

Lorraine

How much a pound?

Isn't it funny how once you get it in your head to have pot roast, you get no rest until you actually make it? :LOL:

$3.99,

Which is really good up here. :D

And down here too, which is why when it went to that price, i grabbed one.

Let me know how it turns out. :)

• Like 1

How much a pound?

Isn't it funny how once you get it in your head to have pot roast, you get no rest until you actually make it? :LOL:

$3.99,

Which is really good up here. :D

And down here too, which is why when it went to that price, i grabbed one.

Let me know how it turns out. :)

I will let you know now,

It will turn out great like it always does. :D You cannot fu** up slow cooked Pot Roast. :P

• Like 2

Pot Roast is $4.99 a pound this week. I am going to watch the reduced for quick sale meat bin and hope that one shows up in it!

Autumn is definitely in the air and my mouth is really watering for either a good pot roast, or pork roast, with mashed potatoes and carrots and gravy.

• Like 2

Pot Roast is $4.99 a pound this week. I am going to watch the reduced for quick sale meat bin and hope that one shows up in it!

Autumn is definitely in the air and my mouth is really watering for either a good pot roast, or pork roast, with mashed potatoes and carrots and gravy.

I think we have a sale at the same price this week. Fall is in the air. :D

• Like 1

I also rarely turn on my oven until it cools off a bit. We got some nice cool evenings here lately so I decided to make a meatloaf.

Had the meatloaf, garlic and herb infused mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and biscuits with beef gravy last night.

It was great. Had a cold meatloaf sandwich for lunch today! Great once again!

• Like 2

I also rarely turn on my oven until it cools off a bit. We got some nice cool evenings here lately so I decided to make a meatloaf.

Had the meatloaf, garlic and herb infused mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and biscuits with beef gravy last night.

I've been hankering after a good meat loaf dinner too. They don't sell the meatloaf combo packs out here anymore. I asked the lady that works in the meat department why, and she said the Board of Health won't let them. But the combination of those three chopped meats - veal, pork and beef - make for quite the tasty meat loaf.

Meat loaf sandwiches are always good too!

• Like 2

I thought that my dad and I were the only ones that watched the reduced for quick sale meat cuts! :) We had a Food Lion here in town for a few years and they always seemed to cut more beef roasts and pork chops than would sell and then you could get them at good prices; I would freeze stuff from there. Sadly it was an underperforming store and they closed it after a few years. Our usual store must keep track pretty carefully, they don't have nearly the amount of reduced stuff. It is cold and rainy here today, pot roast and apple pie (apples are starting to come!) sounds good for a night pretty soon.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I thought that my dad and I were the only ones that watched the reduced for quick sale meat cuts! :) We had a Food Lion here in town for a few years and they always seemed to cut more beef roasts and pork chops than would sell and then you could get them at good prices; I would freeze stuff from there. Sadly it was an underperforming store and they closed it after a few years. Our usual store must keep track pretty carefully, they don't have nearly the amount of reduced stuff. It is cold and rainy here today, pot roast and apple pie (apples are starting to come!) sounds good for a night pretty soon.

Chica, that sounds so good - pot roast and homemade apple pie. Our temperatures are back up this week and will be through Sunday. Monday it's supposed to be cool again.

There's a section in our supermarket for marked down meats, but they still aren't cheap, even when marked down because their normal price is so high. Beef is the highest out here. I think the meats only get marked down a third.

• Like 1

I've been hankering after a good meat loaf dinner too. They don't sell the meatloaf combo packs out here anymore. I asked the lady that works in the meat department why, and she said the Board of Health won't let them. But the combination of those three chopped meats - veal, pork and beef - make for quite the tasty meat loaf.

MHO, that meatloaf combo is way overrated.

I stumbled across this meatloaf recipe years ago and it is the best, by far. It's super easy, foolproof and is really good. Plus, it only calls for 1.5 lbs ground beef which is easier on the wallet than the meat trio combo.

I want my meatloaf on the simple side. I don't want pieces of chunky vegetables in there. I don't want to eat messed up, fussy meatloaf.

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I just checked and it has 3,288 reviews and received 4.5 out of 5 stars so I am not the only person who freaking loves this loaf.

EASY MEATLOAF

(The broad who came up with this recipe is not kidding. It is SO easy!)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I like to use the 20% fat package of beef. It will keep the meatloaf moist with that extra fat and fat makes things taste good.)

1 egg

1 cup milk (whole milk at least but I usually use a combo of whole milk and heavy cream)

1 cup dried bread (or cracker) crumbs

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

(I always add sautéed grated onion, chopped garlic and some dried herbs - usually basil/oregano - to the meat mixture before baking.)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine beef, egg, milk, bread/cracker crumbs and salt/pepper in large bowl. Turn onto foil-lined baking sheet and form into a loaf. Combine brown sugar, mustard and ketchup in bowl and pour over meatloaf.

Bake in 350° oven for 1 hour.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 2

I stumbled across this meatloaf recipe years ago and it is the best, by far. It's super easy, foolproof and is really good. Plus, it only calls for 1.5 lbs ground beef which is easier on the wallet than the meat trio combo.

I want my meatloaf on the simple side. I don't want pieces of chunky vegetables in there. I don't want to eat messed up, fussy meatloaf.

I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I just checked and it has 3,288 reviews and received 4.5 out of 5 stars so I am not the only person who freaking loves this loaf.

EASY MEATLOAF

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I like to use the 20% fat package of beef. It will keep the meatloaf moist with that extra fat and fat makes things taste good.)

1 egg

1 cup milk (whole milk at least but I usually use a combo of whole milk and heavy cream)

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

(I always add sauté grated onion, chopped garlic and some dried herbs - usually basil/oregano - to the meat mixture before baking.)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine beef, egg, milk, bread/cracker crumbs and salt/pepper in large bowl. Turn onto foil-lined baking sheet and form into a loaf. Combine brown sugar, mustard and ketchup in bowl and pour over meatloaf.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00988/SNN18TV01MEA-280_988984a.jpg

"Hey baby, my name maybe MEAT but I'm a vegetarian thank you very much!"

• Like 1

EASY MEATLOAF

1 egg

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

(I always add sauté grated onion, chopped garlic and some dried herbs - usually basil/oregano - to the meat mixture before baking.)

Preheat oven to 350°.

HA! I actually have this photo of Meatloaf above the recipe in my personal recipe collection:

meat-loaf-6.jpg

• Like 1

EASY MEATLOAF

1 egg

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350°.

HA! I actually have this photo of Meatloaf above the recipe in my personal recipe collection:

meat-loaf-6.jpg

Nice! :hail:

Years ago,

I never really kept an eye out for sales. The prices were pretty decent. Not these days. I am always looking for bargains.

• Like 3

Years ago,

I never really kept an eye out for sales. The prices were pretty decent. Not these days. I am always looking for bargains.

Yeah, the prices have been crazy for about the past year. Our grocery store always had large pork loin roast sales in the fall and winter for 99 cents/lb and I would cut them up and freeze them. Last winter the lowest price they had them was $ 1.99. They said it was due to some piglet disease and shortage of pork supply ??

• Like 1

Years ago,

... some piglet disease

HAHAHA!

• Like 1

EASY MEATLOAF

1 egg

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

(I always add sautéed grated onion, chopped garlic and some dried herbs - usually basil/oregano - to the meat mixture before baking.)

Preheat oven to 350°.

I'm making this tomorrow night. Can't decide on a vegetable though. Am having mashed potatoes with it.

• Like 2

EASY MEATLOAF

1 egg

salt/pepper, to taste

2 Tbl brown sugar

2 Tbl prepared mustard

1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350°.

I'm making this tomorrow night. Can't decide on a vegetable though. Am having mashed potatoes with it.

Sounds good,

But I would use Panko bread crumbs.