Lottery Hell: Just Missed Winning $1,400,000.00

Principled Man

Wisconsin Lottery Supercash! Game

1-11-14-21-23-25 - Winning numbers for December 30th 2014

1-11-14-21-25-39 - MY numbers, which I played FOUR times on the same ticket.

Match 6 of 6 numbers: $350,000

Match 5 of 6 numbers: $500.00

Match 4 of 6 numbers: $30.00

Had I matched all 6 numbers, I would have won the $350,000 jackpot FOUR TIMES = $1,400,000.

I am officially in LOTTERY HELL right now.....

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/10/53/76/nooooo10.jpg

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

But I'll take the $2,000.00 that I won. I ain't stupid...... :D :D

• Like 3

Wow. That would have been awesome.

One number away from never having to work again.........Oh, the pain....the pain...... :boohoo: :boohoo:

Gotta shake it off and move on..... HAPPY NEW YEAR !! :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

I knew a guy one time who was so obsessed with the lottery that he played in all the states he travelled through and kept track of the numbers in every state to try and find patterns. Of course, he was broke all the time, but swore he was going to hit it big, one day. He said not to play too many odd numbers or too many low numbers or too many numbers too close together or too many numbers in the 20s or 30s and all kinds of mumbo jumbo. I never could convince him that it was dumb luck, just numbers
  • Like 1

I knew a guy one time who was so obsessed with the lottery that he played in all the states he travelled through and kept track of the numbers in every state to try and find patterns. Of course, he was broke all the time, but swore he was going to hit it big, one day. He said not to play too many odd numbers or too many low numbers or too many numbers too close together or too many numbers in the 20s or 30s and all kinds of mumbo jumbo. I never could convince him that it was dumb luck, just numbers

That guy was obviously one of those people who should be banned from lotteries and gambling in general. :laughing guy: No ability to keep things in proper perspective or to maintain self-discipline, and a very warped sense of reality. :crazy: :crazy:

I bought a $5 auto-pick once many years ago (one of about two times in my life I've bought tickets), and I had 4 of the six numbers. The first two numbers of the next computer-generated pick were the two I was missing. That very same drawing a guy I work with got 5 of the 6 numbers correct. That's my entire lottery history.
  • Like 1

Went to the Lottery Office today, and lo & behold, they did not take out any taxes! :laughing guy: Seems that my four winning lines of $500.00 each are not taxable. A winning line must be at least $2,000.00 to be taxed. So, I received a check for $2,000.00 and avoided the state tax of 7.65%.

I just LOVE legal loopholes!! :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

Wow. Lottery hell happened to my dad when I was a kid. Back then it was "the provincial" Lottery and you were given a 7 digit number. he had every number but the last one and I remember he had 9 and the number was 6 (or vice versa).

The shitty part was there was smaller prizes for having the LAST 6 digits right, the LAST 5 digits etc.. Since he had the last digit wrong he got nothing.

I can remember him flipping the ticket upside down and back turning his 9 into a 6 and back. So sad!!

Went to the Lottery Office today, and lo & behold, they did not take out any taxes! :laughing guy: Seems that my four winning lines of $500.00 each are not taxable. A winning line must be at least $2,000.00 to be taxed. So, I received a check for $2,000.00 and avoided the state tax of 7.65%.

That may be true about up-front withholding, but that doesn't mean you won't get taxed on the $2K income when you file. I would double check that.

That may be true about up-front withholding, but that doesn't mean you won't get taxed on the $2K income when you file. I would double check that.

If I claim my winnings on next year's tax return, then yes, I will be taxed.

The Lottery Office explained very clearly that they would not be sending me any tax forms at all - not now or next January. My four $500.00 prizes are no different to them than if I had won four prizes of $50.00. It is up to me to file all gambling winnings (and losses if I so choose) during tax time.

Of course, I plan on winning the Powerball this year, so I'll have more important tax issues to work on..... ;)