Did alex go too far with his rant on RHOF??

nicky6

I was Asked to do an interview in a LI newspaper about my Speaking for Cerebral Palsy. For an LI'S incredible people's column or some shit. I turned them flat down, lol. Don't regret it either.

Mickl

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

So - everyone here honor me in some way so I can practice being gracious. OK? :laughing yellow guy: :yes: :hi: :rfl: ;) ;) :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

I present you with the "Lorraine Award" for being the best Lorraine on the forum.

:blah: Thank you, Mr. Grace. I'm also the only one, but thanks against just the same. :|

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

So - everyone here honor me in some way so I can practice being gracious. OK? :laughing yellow guy: :yes: :hi: :rfl: ;) ;) :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

I present you with the "Lorraine Award" for being the best Lorraine on the forum.

:blah: Thank you, Mr. Grace. I'm also the only one, but thanks against just the same. :|

Okay. I'll give you the "Best L Award" (Best member starting with the letter "L").

That means you beat LedRush. Not sure who else...

Waiting for your acceptance speech.

Unless that was your acceptance speech.

Edited by toymaker

That was it. Didn't you like it? Too long perhaps??? :unsure:

That was it. Didn't you like it? Too long perhaps??? :unsure:

Yes . . . my edit above was made too late.

I thought there'd be a little history. A nod to the drivers and people who've helped you along the way. And a small tribute to the adoring fans.

I thought there'd be a little history. A nod to the drivers and people who've helped you along the way. And a small tribute to the adoring fans.

No one helped me and there are no fans - adoring or otherwise - so that's that. :)

Edited by Lorraine

No one helped me and there are no fans - adoring or otherwise - so that's that.

Oh, now . . . who here on the forum begs to differ?

• Like 1

No one helped me and there are no fans - adoring or otherwise - so that's that.

Oh, now . . . who here on the forum begs to differ?

Let's get back to Alex and his rant.

I liked the rant. He imbued non-lexical utterances with meaning, which is cool in and of itself.

I think it should be taught in college linguistics courses.

Edited by toymaker

Okay. I'll give you the "Best L Award" (Best member starting with the letter "L").

Hey! :o

(I do agree however :))

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

I thought you retired.

• Like 1

I thought you retired.

I thought you retired.

Took a break, yes. Retired, no.

I thought you retired.

I thought you retired.

Ok. Then you win the award for best user whose name starts with a parenthesis.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

I thought you retired.

I thought you retired.

I thought you retired too, Len.

Congratulations on winning the award for the best user whose name starts with a parenthesis though. :cheers:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I thought the speech was brilliant. Like many others here, it took me a moment to realize he was telling the story of the band in the context of the RRHOF, but once that sunk in it was not only funny, but pretty accurate.

Plus, the underlying tone of the whole "blah, blah, blah" thing also felt directed at the industry and their awards/award shows, in general.... which are really just big shows in which they all pat themselves on the back and tell each other how great they are.

So, yeah, I dug it.

• Like 5

Alex was brilliant because the RRHOF is a complete joke. Making fun of a made up institution that has utterly no meaning in no way can go too far. Paul Stanley was far more scathing with his actual words. His speech was edited come broadcast time because he hit the nail on the head.
  • Like 3