http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/P1010951.jpg

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 24 2009, 01:14 PM)
1939 ERMA Mauser k98
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/P1020402.jpg

1935 Tula Mosin Nagant
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/P1010561.jpg

1939 Tula M1895 Nagant pistol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/P1010951.jpg

AWESOME! Nice to meet a fellow shooter. Keep 'em in the 10-ring, buddy! trink39.gif In case you don't know, I heard that collector's values on Mausers are really starting to take off.

How well does that pistol shoot?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2009, 12:41 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Fail/fire.jpg

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 24 2009, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 24 2009, 12:41 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Fail/fire.jpg

z7shysterical.gif

And the twerp is wearing an ATF hat?! He should definitely know better, what an ass.

I'm going to the range this Saturday for some much needed trigger time. Anybody want to come along? It's an outdoor range, so you can shoot rifles as well as handguns and shotguns, just make sure you bring bug spray!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 24 2009, 05:53 PM)
I'm going to the range this Saturday for some much needed trigger time. Anybody want to come along? It's an outdoor range, so you can shoot rifles as well as handguns and shotguns, just make sure you bring bug spray!

My range trip got cancelled. angry.gif Everybody's bitching about how hot it is outside. Buncha pansies.

Attention .30-30 owners!

Ace hardware has 20 round boxes of Federal Power Shok ammo in both 150 and 170 grain for $15 a box! I got four boxes yesterday. It's nice out today and deer season will be here before you know it, so head over there and grab you some! Even if you don't hunt with this ammo, it's still selling cheap enough to use for range ammo so you have no excuse! laugh.gif

I was up at my parents vacation home in northeastern Wisconsin, north of Green Bay, and I got to take in a little target practice with my brother and his father in law this weekend. I finally got to shoot the granddaddy of them all this weekend, as my brother's father in law brought the .44 magnum up this weekend. I shot about 18 rounds with it. It wasn't as wicked as I thought it would be, but I didn't try and shoot it with one hand either. laugh.gif

I also got to put quite a few rounds through some .22s, a 9mm, and a couple of different .45s. target practice is a blast. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 6 2009, 09:17 AM)
I was up at my parents vacation home in northeastern Wisconsin, north of Green Bay, and I got to take in a little target practice with my brother and his father in law this weekend. I finally got to shoot the granddaddy of them all this weekend, as my brother's father in law brought the .44 magnum up this weekend. I shot about 18 rounds with it. It wasn't as wicked as I thought it would be, but I didn't try and shoot it with one hand either. laugh.gif

I also got to put quite a few rounds through some .22s, a 9mm, and a couple of different .45s. target practice is a blast. 1022.gif

I love it when my brother-in-law come up to visit and brings his guns.

between his, mine and the kids, hot brass is flying. good times

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jul 6 2009, 02:28 PM)
I was up at my parents vacation home in northeastern Wisconsin, north of Green Bay, and I got to take in a little target practice with my brother and his father in law this weekend.  I finally got to shoot the granddaddy of them all this weekend, as my brother's father in law brought the .44 magnum up this weekend.  I shot about 18 rounds with it.  It wasn't as wicked as I thought it would be, but I didn't try and shoot it with one hand either.  laugh.gif

I also got to put quite a few rounds through some .22s, a 9mm, and a couple of different .45s.  target practice is a blast.  1022.gif

One of my spent .45 casings hit my brother's father in law in the head. He's bald, so it landed on his large forehead.

He kept rubbing his forehead for a couple of seconds after he was hit. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 6 2009, 04:24 PM)
I was up at my parents vacation home in northeastern Wisconsin, north of Green Bay, and I got to take in a little target practice with my brother and his father in law this weekend.  I finally got to shoot the granddaddy of them all this weekend, as my brother's father in law brought the .44 magnum up this weekend.  I shot about 18 rounds with it.  It wasn't as wicked as I thought it would be, but I didn't try and shoot it with one hand either.  laugh.gif

I also got to put quite a few rounds through some .22s, a 9mm, and a couple of different .45s.  target practice is a blast.  1022.gif

One of my spent .45 casings hit my brother's father in law in the head. He's bald, so it landed on his large forehead.

He kept rubbing his forehead for a couple of seconds after he was hit. laugh.gif

Ooh, that sucks! Tell the man to wear a hat!

During my military days, I often felt sorry for the southpaws when they fired the M-16. Since the ejection port was basically right in their face, the empties often landed in the crooks of their arms and would cause nasty little 2nd degree burns and once I saw a spent cartridge go down the back of a guy's collar! He maintained, though, 'cause he was hardcore and therefore outstanding and kept right on shooting and during a pause, I came up to him and slapped a band-aid on the burn on the back of his neck. There are no "time outs" in shooting for qualification in the military, but there can be pauses if a shooter finishes a course of fire before the clock runs out so I just kept a first aid kit on hand and treated the guys' burns during those pauses and/or after they were done. Fortunately, there was a snap-in deflector developed for left handed shooters that bounced the spent cartridge forwards and down, so things got a lot better for them after that.

The gauntlet has been thrown down! A dear friend has challenged yours truly to a shooting match! 10 rounds each of 7.62 X 54R at 50 yards! The winner will receive a steak dinner from the loser! Updates and pictures will be posted so stay tuned!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 16 2009, 08:10 AM)
The gauntlet has been thrown down! A dear friend has challenged yours truly to a shooting match! 10 rounds each of 7.62 X 54R at 50 yards! The winner will receive a steak dinner from the loser! Updates and pictures will be posted so stay tuned!

Good luck....make it worth your while and order the 48oz Porterhouse trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM)

Good luck....make it worth your while and order the 48oz Porterhouse trink39.gif

That's a great suggestion! yes.gif Thanks!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 13 2009, 08:52 AM)

During my military days, I often felt sorry for the southpaws when they fired the M-16. Since the ejection port was basically right in their face, the empties often landed in the crooks of their arms and would cause nasty little 2nd degree burns and once I saw a spent cartridge go down the back of a guy's collar! He maintained, though, 'cause he was hardcore and therefore outstanding and kept right on shooting and during a pause, I came up to him and slapped a band-aid on the burn on the back of his neck. There are no "time outs" in shooting for qualification in the military, but there can be pauses if a shooter finishes a course of fire before the clock runs out so I just kept a first aid kit on hand and treated the guys' burns during those pauses and/or after they were done. Fortunately, there was a snap-in deflector developed for left handed shooters that bounced the spent cartridge forwards and down, so things got a lot better for them after that.

A slightly more awkward variant: I was teaching a young woman to shoot, and she had, shall we say, "huge tracts of ... land." Despite warnings, she choose a shirt with a scooped collar to wear to the range. I think you see where this is going.

I must commend her for keeping the Glock pointed downrange until I took it from her, and only then doing the hot brass in cleavage dance.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 16 2009, 09:30 AM)

A slightly more awkward variant: I was teaching a young woman to shoot, and she had, shall we say, "huge tracts of ... land." Despite warnings, she choose a shirt with a scooped collar to wear to the range. I think you see where this is going.

I must commend her for keeping the Glock pointed downrange until I took it from her, and only then doing the hot brass in cleavage dance.

Kudos to her for keeping her head despite the pain! Too bad she ignored the warnings about her shirt. I'll bet she never did it again.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 16 2009, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 16 2009, 09:30 AM)

Kudos to her for keeping her head despite the pain! Too bad she ignored the warnings about her shirt. I'll bet she never did it again.

True that. Pain is a great teacher.

My zombie gun is finally finished...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/jmsmooch/P7050002-1.jpg

QUOTE (MrHands @ Jul 17 2009, 12:45 PM)

Awesome! I love the foregrip on the magazine well. Is that stock or an after-market attachment?

I'm going to Dick's Sporting Goods today and I'm gonna pick up a couple of those plastic cartridge boxes so I don't have to hump my loose ammo to the range in a plastic bag anymore! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 19 2009, 06:51 AM)

Awesome! I love the foregrip on the magazine well. Is that stock or an after-market attachment?

It's aftermarket...

The Mako Group

It bolts up nicely to most AR's. Some lowers require slight modification to the grip for a good fit.

QUOTE (MrHands @ Jul 24 2009, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 19 2009, 06:51 AM)

It's aftermarket...

The Mako Group

It bolts up nicely to most AR's. Some lowers require slight modification to the grip for a good fit.

Thanks bud, link bookmarked. When I get my AR platform rifle I'm definitely buying that foregrip. That thing is just plain sharp!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 16 2009, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM)

That's a great suggestion! yes.gif Thanks!

Update: the contest is still on, I'm just waiting for my friend John to switch from night shifts to day shifts (he's a prison guard), which he'll be doing next week. Stay tuned! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 21 2009, 06:48 AM)
I'm going to Dick's Sporting Goods today and I'm gonna pick up a couple of those plastic cartridge boxes so I don't have to hump my loose ammo to the range in a plastic bag anymore! laugh.gif

I never got to Dick's the other day so I went today. Those ammo boxes are very cool. They're made of heavy gauge plastic, they've got them for all calibers and gauges, and the best part is that they're only 5 bucks each. They each hold 50 rounds except for the 12 and 20 gauge versions which hold 20 rounds. Go get you some, they're nice.