Loved Beyond a Lighted stage except for - - -

nicky6

It isn't any of those gentlemen.

there's only so many people in the movie, dude.

is it mick box from uriah heep?

:ph34r: Dude???

If I knew who it was, I wouldn't be asking who it is. :LOL:

this is the part where you google image search "mick box from uriah heep"

:sigh: If you only knew, Bathory, what I just went through to get just this page alone to load so I could post this response, you wouldn't tell me to google an image search for anything. :sigh:

How many men in this movie look like Charles Manson??? I didn't think it would be so hard to identify him.

Dark hair and chubby...talked a lot in the movie:

http://www.chicagoparent.com/media/4014844/jackblack(2).jpg

she says it ain't him. I say lorraine is f*ckin with us

THAT'S HIM!!!!

I guess you didn't notice my post earlier up the page? :)

I guess you didn't notice my post earlier up the page? :)

damn. I can't read...or see

• Like 1

How many men in this movie look like Charles Manson??? I didn't think it would be so hard to identify him.

THAT'S HIM!!!!

He was already mentioned, or people wouldn't have kept posting. :LOL:

Don't you understand? If I knew who Jack Black was, I wouldn't have asked. Mentioning his name means nothing to me. I don't know who it is.

I have only watched BTLS twice, and. with the exception of KISS, I am unfamiliar with the other bands. Some of the band names are familiar, but I couldn't tell you one thing they did, nor do I know who the members are.

:)

Edited by Lorraine

Jack Black is awesome!

I love him in The Holiday (eek...I just confessed i like a chick flick)

Great movie but one of the rare times he wasn't trying to be funny. He's a good actor.

I was very impressed by him! And I loved his work on King Kong as well.

Properly rated comedian, but an underrated straight actor.

• Like 2

THAT'S HIM!!!!

He was already mentioned, or people wouldn't have kept posting. :LOL:

I posted that picture of Jack because Lorraine didn't rule him out when his name was mentioned.

• Like 1

Jack Black is awesome!

I love him in The Holiday (eek...I just confessed i like a chick flick)

Great movie but one of the rare times he wasn't trying to be funny. He's a good actor.

I was very impressed by him! And I loved his work on King Kong as well.

Properly rated comedian, but an underrated straight actor.

I think I like him the best when he plays "loud music fan"

you're missing out on one of the greatest classics of all-time...

http://moviebuzzers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/kung-fu-panda-2.jpg

I thought the first one was a lot better myself!

• Like 1

The part of BTLS that bothered me twas when Neil said that Moving Pictures was "when Rush became Rush". As if everything prior to MP was worthless. :wtf:

Maybe you are over thinking that? Geddy has said Tom Sawyer is the "quintessential" Rush song. That doesn't mean he is discounting all the other songs. I think Neil's comment was probably more in that vein.

On the other hand, Neil has said that he wishes that Rush hadn't had to release any of the records they made before Moving Pictures. So maybe Empty Mindless Spectre is simply assuming that Neil is being consistent with himself.

I say this in all sincerity and not at all to poke (as I am genuinely curious) ... where did you read or see him say that? I have heard some similar references in a variety of contexts, but I have yet to actually see something to verify it.

The closest I have found is some commentary in which he laments the notion that he is a staunch right Libertarian because of Anthem, 2112, etc. Basically, some stuff in which he generally says he was young and had a different mindset. I could see how those comments could be construed as disliking the early stuff, but it's not quite the same.

But I have not actually found a quote in which he says he wishes nothing prior to MP had been released. I would interested to see it.

Don't you understand? If I knew who Jack Black was, I wouldn't have asked. Mentioning his name means nothing to me. I don't know who it is.

I have only watched BTLS twice, and. with the exception of KISS, I am unfamiliar with the other bands. Some of the band names are familiar, but I couldn't tell you one thing they did, nor do I know who the members are.

:)

Sorry about that. I figured since he was such a well-known actor, that he wouldn't be the one you were talking about. Most of the rest were musicians only and probably less well-known to the general public.

The part of BTLS that bothered me twas when Neil said that Moving Pictures was "when Rush became Rush". As if everything prior to MP was worthless. :wtf:

Maybe you are over thinking that? Geddy has said Tom Sawyer is the "quintessential" Rush song. That doesn't mean he is discounting all the other songs. I think Neil's comment was probably more in that vein.

On the other hand, Neil has said that he wishes that Rush hadn't had to release any of the records they made before Moving Pictures. So maybe Empty Mindless Spectre is simply assuming that Neil is being consistent with himself.

I say this in all sincerity and not at all to poke (as I am genuinely curious) ... where did you read or see him say that? I have heard some similar references in a variety of contexts, but I have yet to actually see something to verify it.

The closest I have found is some commentary in which he laments the notion that he is a staunch right Libertarian because of Anthem, 2112, etc. Basically, some stuff in which he generally says he was young and had a different mindset. I could see how those comments could be construed as disliking the early stuff, but it's not quite the same.

But I have not actually found a quote in which he says he wishes nothing prior to MP had been released. I would interested to see it.

I asked the same question in another thread, and someone posted something to the effect of that he thought the early years were learning years and that Rush didn't really start until Moving Pictures. I doubt very seriously that Neil really wishes those albums didn't exist. My guess it's more that he feels his lyrics were not as well crafted or something. I've often kind of wondered if they look back on the old albums differently than we do. They were pretty young when they started out.

I asked the same question in another thread, and someone posted something to the effect of that he thought the early years were learning years and that Rush didn't really start until Moving Pictures. I doubt very seriously that Neil really wishes those albums didn't exist. My guess it's more that he feels his lyrics were not as well crafted or something. I've often kind of wondered if they look back on the old albums differently than we do. They were pretty young when they started out.

If Neil Peart doesn't feel the lyrics on Hemispheres or PeW are well crafted than I belive he should seek professional help. Most bands never write material that thought provoking and he was doing it in his twenties.

• Like 1

That's just Rush on my version. Is he fat? Wearing a hat? Talking about drumming? Talking about something else?

No, he's not the one with the hat.

He's sitting on a beige sofa with a lamp at each end, his arm is resting on a pillow, and he has one leg tucked up and under the other. He's about twenty pounds overweight and has very dark brown hair.

He is right after the Smashing Pumpkins guy.

They are all talking about La Villa.

Hmmm… when you said Charles Manson eyes I thought you were talking about Jack Black. But maybe you mean Mike Portnoy, the ex-drummer from Dream Theater… he talked a bit about LVS and what a great drum song it is. I think he also mentioned YYZ.

:facepalm: Well Jack Black was the guy I initially thought of, but since he is essentially the subject of the thread I figured Lorraine knew who he was. :LOL:

FWIW, I don't think he normally has those Manson looking eyes, but I'm almost convinced he was tripping during that interview.

I got out of bed to respond to this...

"Those were the growing years. I often equate that to children's drawings on the refrigerator that hang around too long, you know? I really wish they would just go away. I think we really started....wow, given my druthers, I would make our first album Moving Pictures. I can't think of a single reason not to do that!" - Peart