The autism thread :3

The Cosmic Lawnmower

To Mr. IsNot's point- that linked thread is more pertinent than you might think, if you read it. Point being, yes, there are certainly people who you can find here and talk to privately about it.

Were you just diagnosed recently, or is it something you've dealt with for quite some time?

To Mr. IsNot's point- that linked thread is more pertinent than you might think, if you read it. Point being, yes, there are certainly people who you can find here and talk to privately about it.

Were you just diagnosed recently, or is it something you've dealt with for quite some time?

Since birth, And I set this topic up for the point of conversing, not specifically issue-related (Mr. IsNot is becoming a pain in the back area)

Since birth, And I set this topic up for the point of conversing, not specifically issue-related (Mr. IsNot is becoming a pain in the back area)

Wonder if it has anything to do with your avatar flashing its ass

At least mine is nice and fluffy

At least mine is nice and fluffy

I'll take your word for it :LOL:

I also have Asperger Syndrome. It's a little annoying, but with it usually comes with above-average intelligence. If you don't mind my asking, Cosmic Lawnmower, what's your IQ?
  • Like 1

I also have Asperger Syndrome. It's a little annoying, but with it usually comes with above-average intelligence. If you don't mind my asking, Cosmic Lawnmower, what's your IQ?

oooo dear,

Not sure to be honest ^^;

There are plenty of free IQ tests online that you can take. They aren't as good as a professional evaluation, but taking a few of them will give you a general "ballpark area." I was evaluated in second grade and got a result of 165. The average in the U.S. is around 100, for reference.

Anyway, how are your social habits? A lot of people with AS are introverted, me included. Do you prefer your own company?

oooo dear,

There are plenty of free IQ tests online that you can take. They aren't as good as a professional evaluation, but taking a few of them will give you a general "ballpark area." I was evaluated in second grade and got a result of 165. The average in the U.S. is around 100, for reference.

Anyway, how are your social habits? A lot of people with AS are introverted, me included. Do you prefer your own company?

My social habits are typical to that of Aspergers, especially the introversion part. But on the internet it's a completely different story.

oooo dear,

My social habits are typical to that of Aspergers, especially the introversion part. But on the internet it's a completely different story.

You should check out some books on the subject. There are many autistic and AS authors out there who have written about their own experiences with their—for lack of a better word—condition. You may find some really interesting and helpful information. :)

• Like 1

Some people might think I have it too, but I'm just very selective about who I talk to. I avoid certain people in RL and online. I don't talk to the girl who sits beside me at work because she's a total b*tch and she treats me like crap. I only email her when I have to and then it's always work related. I asked 2 of my coworkers if they wanted to trade seats with me, but no one would. So I am stuck there until I find another job...or the b*tch dies.

I think most here have it. Anyway...

http://www.therushfo...er#entry3284917

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

At least len is "entertained" by this stuff...but he has Asperger's syndrome so he's a step above the "regular" people.

Don't assume my audience is you or think it's my job to entertain you. You can always watch reruns of SCTV or The Magic Garden.

http://www.therushfo...er#entry3282505

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

I apparently have Asperger's... not that that's actually a thing anymore...

Also seasonal depression if that counts.

http://www.therushfo...er#entry3263341

(in reference to Neil)

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

He most likely has what used to be called 'Asperger Syndrome'.

http://www.therushfo...er#entry2252101

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

I'm no psychiatrist, but I have a suspicion that Neil has Asperger syndrome, or something similar.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

He most likely has what used to be called 'Asperger Syndrome'.

Edited by savagegrace26

This may come as I surprise to those who are uninformed, but I'm diagnosed on the autistic spectrum as having Aspergers Syndrome! :P

And so I wonder if there could be anybody out there in this forum whom I could mingle with who also has Autism. :cool:

I feel for you,I have a 22 year old son with the same condition.