What are you doing right now?

GeddyLee

At the train station noticing all the dudes of various ages with Louis Vuitton man bags and wallets.

I don't like to carry shit or wear extraneous items, I like to travel as a self contained unit with no added extras.

• Like 1

At the train station noticing all the dudes of various ages with Louis Vuitton man bags and wallets.

I don't like to carry shit or wear extraneous items, I like to travel as a self contained unit with no added extras.

Well, by the looks of it, those bags are for keeping up appearances only. Possessing a brand bag and such.

• Like 1

Well, by the looks of it, those bags are for keeping up appearances only. Possessing a brand bag and such.

Aye. Of course now and again I have to carry a bag or two but nothing like that.

Aye. Of course now and again I have to carry a bag or two but nothing like that.

Yeah, sadly, image/appearance is more important in the Far East...or, at least, perceived to be important.

You can probably guess that I don't buy that shit. I'd rather fly to Roma for the price of some of those bags.

Yeah, sadly, image/appearance is more important in the Far East...or, at least, perceived to be important.

You can probably guess that I don't buy that shit. I'd rather fly to Roma for the price of some of those bags.

And the only bag you might take with you is a David Banner leather special full of nothing but new shirts and new cowboy boots.

• Like 1

Now it's raining like cats and dogs. I would hate to be driving right now.

If you go outside be careful to not step in a poodle!

It was really intense.

The dogs looked at me like, I am not going out there. :LOL: It's a nice morning today.

• Like 1

Thinking about the hundreds of times I've heard people say "I faint at the sight of blood". Yet, of the millions of times I've seen blood in public places, I've never seen anyone faint because of it.

Is there that much public blood in Japan? I know you're exaggerating when you say "millions of times", but I can't think of any time I've seen public blood.

Thinking about the hundreds of times I've heard people say "I faint at the sight of blood". Yet, of the millions of times I've seen blood in public places, I've never seen anyone faint because of it.

Is there that much public blood in Japan? I know you're exaggerating when you say "millions of times", but I can't think of any time I've seen public blood.

Well, I worked in high schools and junior high schools here for about 7 years...on "Sports Day" (annual school Olympics of sorts), kids were always falling down on the track OR cutting themselves accidentally during these weird ass violent games that'd never see the light of day in the western world. So they'd be routinely bloodying themselves somehow. At some of the rougher schools kids often break the windows so that there's broken glass everywhere. Fun for everyone! Then there are the train station incidents in which drunk fools fall down OR hyperactive kids run into something.

What else? Back in the states, I worked at high schools and mental health facilities in the 90s so there was a fair amount of blood there. And then there were my regular hospital visits as a child and teen.

In all of that, I've never seen anyone faint due to the sight of big red. :)

Well, I worked in high schools and junior high schools here for about 7 years...on "Sports Day" (annual school Olympics of sorts), kids were always falling down on the track OR cutting themselves accidentally during these weird ass violent games that'd never see the light of day in the western world. So they'd be routinely bloodying themselves somehow. At some of the rougher schools kids often break the windows so that there's broken glass everywhere. Fun for everyone! Then there are the train station incidents in which drunk fools fall down OR hyperactive kids run into something.

What else? Back in the states, I worked at high schools and mental health facilities in the 90s so there was a fair amount of blood there. And then there were my regular hospital visits as a child and teen.

In all of that, I've never seen anyone faint due to the sight of big red. :)

Okay, the sports injuries and such make more sense. I had been imagining people bleeding all over the streets for whatever reason :D

• Like 1

Thought I'd explain a little more about one of the weird, violent games on Sports Day at Japanese schools that I mentioned in my last post.

Some schools develop their own unique event or two on Sports Day. I've worked at about 7 or 8 schools and no two schools had the same events. [Though, relays and typical track & field events are the same]. Anyway, one school I worked at had this game which pitted two classes of boys against another. Their goal was to knock down the other team's huge wooden pole. It was as thick as a light pole and probably stood about 10-12 feet tall. And solid! Some of the boys on the team protected their pole by standing at the base and shoving invaders away. While this was happening, their teammates were busy attacking/invading/trying to knock down the other team's wooden pole.

So imagine a bunch of high school boys in just shorts and a t-shirt running full speed at another group of boys with the only purpose of knocking over a solid wooden pole. All within a time limit to make it more hectic.

The blood will flow! :LOL: