The Official 2014 Golden State Warriors Thread!! CURRY AND KLAY! NBA GODZ!

RUSHHEAD666

Wait I mean I was at HEAVENLY! HAHAHA!!!!

Sorry about the weekend weather. It's sunny and warm today, though. :sundog:

Thanks buddy. No sunny weather in Houston. Hardcore rain and a hardcore Warrior loss. I thought Curry was done for the year with a concussion.

Jesus Christ. Killing me.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum: :atickhum:

and for the first time in 40 years!!!

and what happened the last time the Warriors were in the Finals?

Please tell me they weren't swept by LeBron James...
  • Like 1

If memory serves,

I believe they played the Baltimore Bullets back then and won it all. Could be wrong though.

Congrats to the team!

Edited by troutman

If memory serves,

I believe they played the Baltimore Bullets back then and won it all. Could be wrong though.

Congrats to the team!

This is true, though I think they were in Washington by then.

I know KC Jones was the coach of the Bullets and I believe the Bullets were heavy favorites, with Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

I know KC Jones was the coach of the Bullets and I believe the Bullets were heavy favorites, with Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes.

Thats it,

Damn I am getting old. I watched that series. :codger:

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

I can probably name more of the 1975 Warriors than the 2015 team. I think Keith (Silk) Wilkes was on that team, too. If so, 75 is up 4-3.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

I can probably name more of the 1975 Warriors than the 2015 team. I think Keith (Silk) Wilkes was on that team, too. If so, 75 is up 4-3.

Thats funny,

I loved him when he played at UCLA. :D

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

He was already Jamaal then. And I maxed out at four, I looked it up and don't remember anyone else.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

He was already Jamaal then. And I maxed out at four, I looked it up and don't remember anyone else.

If I were to see both starting rosters and some of the reserves I would remember them.

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

If I were to see both starting rosters and some of the reserves I would remember them.

Minutes played leaders for the Warriors were:

Barry, Butch Beard, Ray, Charles Johnson, and Wilkes. Phil Smith was a rookie that year.

The Bullets were:

Hayes, Unseld, Mike Riordan, Phil Chenier and Kevin Porter. I forgot about Chenier, an early entry (one of the first) sweet shooter, and I thought Porter came later.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

Barry, Butch Beard, Ray, Charles Johnson, and Wilkes. Phil Smith was a rookie that year.

The Bullets were:

Hayes, Unseld, Mike Riordan, Phil Chenier and Kevin Porter. I forgot about Chenier, an early entry (one of the first) sweet shooter, and I thought Porter came later.

OMG,

Thats awesome! I can picture it now. Butch Beard. :LOL: :7up: Thats a time when my Bucks were actually a great team. :madra:

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

The Bullets were:

OMG,

Thats awesome! I can picture it now. Butch Beard. :LOL: :7up: Thats a time when my Bucks were actually a great team. :madra:

It's amazing that team only won one title with Kareem and the Big O. They swept the Baltimore Bullets in Kareem's second year and looked like a dynasty. Then the next year the Lakers won 33 in a row and the year after that I believe the Celtics won in a seven game slugfest in the finals. One year Kareem got hurt and they finished last in their division and missed the playoffs, albeit with a winning record.

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

The Bullets were:

OMG,

It's amazing that team only won one title with Kareem and the Big O. They swept the Baltimore Bullets in Kareem's second year and looked like a dynasty. Then the next year the Lakers won 33 in a row and the year after that I believe the Celtics won in a seven game slugfest in the finals. One year Kareem got hurt and they finished last in their division and missed the playoffs, albeit with a winning record.

Your making me feel like a kid again. :D The year after the Lakers streak the Bucks broke it up.

Yeah, the Bucks had some great teams but could never pull it off after that championship.

Edited by troutman

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

The Bullets were:

OMG,

Your making me feel like a kid again. :D The year after the Lakers streak the Bucks broke it up.

Yeah, the Bucks had some great teams but could never pull it off after that championship.

I remember the sharp shooter from Indiana, Jon McGlockin (who was an announcer in Milwaukee forever) and Bob Dandridge. Did they have Lucius Allen at that time too?

• Like 1

If memory serves,

Congrats to the team!

Thats it,

The Bullets were:

OMG,

I remember the sharp shooter from Indiana, Jon McGlockin (who was an announcer in Milwaukee forever) and Bob Dandridge. Did they have Lucius Allen at that time too?

Fu**!!

I loved those guys,

Yes but I don't believe he was a starter on the championship team. He was my favorite player growing up. I remember my mother ordering a Bucks jersey for me and I put his name on the back. The "backdoor play" with Dandridge & Kareem was the best any team had to offer. I can still see that play in my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Allen

BTW, sorry to hijack this thread,

All of the teams back then just bring OUT so many great memories for me. :codger:

Flashback nightmare,

I believe it was a Thanksgiving night game. Warriors at Bucks. The Bucks were up by 30 points or some thing close to that by halftime. The Warriors came out firing. Could not miss a shot. Rick Barry was as hot as one could be. They ended up winning the game. I was in total shock. :facepalm: :LOL:

• Like 1

Clifford Ray,

This guy was beast!! :codger:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Clifford_Ray

He was a Bull back in the day, backing up Tom Boerwinkle, and then possibly Nate Thurmond? Or maybe they were traded for each other. I don't remember.

• Like 1