2112 vs Signals

savagegrace26

2112 vs Signals  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 vs Signals

2112 made the career. Signals signaled the decline. It's hard to argue these truths.

BREAKING NEWS: LedRush's opinion is "truth"

Are you going to argue that 2112 didn't make Rush? This should be good.

2112 made the career. Signals signaled the decline. It's hard to argue these truths.

Except when they're not "truths".

I could easily say Moving Pictures made their career since it was after all their most successful album...

Where are your "facts"?

Define "make".

I could easily say Moving Pictures made their career since it was after all their most successful album...

Define "make".

That's at least an argument that isn't stupid. But without 2112, there would be no MP. But you're right that MP gave Rush long-standing freedom to do anything. Including synths.

Define "make".

That's at least an argument that isn't stupid. But without 2112, there would be no MP. But you're right that MP gave Rush long-standing freedom to do anything. Including synths.

Without COS there would be no 2112. Does this mean that COS made their career?

(the answer is: no, it nearly broke it)

Edited by len(songs)

Define "make".

I love CoS, but I recognize that it almost ended their career. Another album that went over like CoS would have ended Rush. 2112 gave Rush the freedom to do what they wanted.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 1

Define "make".

I love CoS, but I recognize that it almost ended their career. Another album that went over like CoS would have ended Rush. 2112 gave Rush the freedom to do what they wanted.

Yes, it gave them the freedom to do what they wanted but that doesn't mean it "made" them.

Permament Waves "made" them to me because it gave them a true musical direction for the rest of their career as well as the beginnings of real mainstream acceptance and set them up for their next album.

Edited by savagegrace26

Lol I'm glad it isnt. GUP-HYF are far better Rush albums than Signals, in my opinion. The decline started with Presto, which I love, but was itself a dip in quality after the run of albums that preceded it.

Lol I'm glad it isnt. GUP-HYF are far better Rush albums than Signals, in my opinion. The decline started with Presto, which I love, but was itself a dip in quality after the run of albums that preceded it.

Egads. HYF is better than Signals? PoW is better than Signals?

• Like 1

Signals has Chemistry, Digital Man and Sudivisions. My three least favourite songs of the entire eighties, bar Superconductor.

Signals has Chemistry, Digital Man and Sudivisions. My three least favourite songs of the entire eighties, bar Superconductor.

Subdivisions? Eeek! Segue, you're scaring me.

Look...I love EVERY RUSH SONG from CoS-HYF. My least favourite songs of this time period are still very, very special to me!

Rush during their peak made golden turds. Not my favourite but definitley valuable.

Look...I love EVERY RUSH SONG from CoS-HYF. My least favourite songs of this time period are still very, very special to me!

Rush during their peak made golden turds. Not my favourite but definitley valuable.

But Subdivisions being one of your least favorite songs of the 80s? Jeez, they released four whole albums in the 80s (GUP, PoW, HYF and Presto) that don't have ANY songs that are as good as Subdivisions. ;)

Segue. You at it again?..... ;)

But Subdivisions being one of your least favorite songs of the 80s? Jeez, they released four whole albums in the 80s (GUP, PoW, HYF and Presto) that don't have ANY songs that are as good as Subdivisions. ;)

Just a few examples: GUP has DEW, AI, RSA and TBE.

PoW has Marothon, Grand Designs and Mystic Rhythms.

HYF has Second Nature, Mission, and Turn The Page

Moving Pictures and PeW are just so beyond the quality of Signals its not even funny.

ITS TAKEN ME A YEAR TO ADMIT TO NOT LOVING SUBDIVISIONS.

Can't someone be proud of me for my courage?

ITS TAKEN ME A YEAR TO ADMIT TO NOT LOVING SUBDIVISIONS.

Can't someone be proud of me for my courage?

I am always proud of you....

Awwww! Narpski you are kind.

Lorraine a badge would be nice haha

Just a few examples: GUP has DEW, AI, RSA and TBE.

PoW has Marothon, Grand Designs and Mystic Rhythms.

HYF has Second Nature, Mission, and Turn The Page

Moving Pictures and PeW are just so beyond the quality of Signals its not even funny.

None of those songs are better than Subdivisions. You know in your heart I'm right.

MP and Permanent Waves ARE better than Signals. Signals was the first step down from those two. Sadly, the band took a jump down, and then an elevator down, from there.

• Like 1