Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

The Weapon

Xanadu

YYZ

Add this to your file, Len.

You've got Presto, but nothing from CA? Wow

Presto is a much better album.

And despite all the hate the production and mixing gets, even that aspect of Presto is superior to CA.

Just my opinion.

No problem. Here at TRF even those with issues can have opinions

Aww! Well I am glad you love it so much, but I can no longer stay interested after track three.

Only album of the millenium that I love from Rush is Vapor Trails.

I have to agree about the Vapor Trails part. There is only one song on there that I truly dislike, and 2 more that I'm not particularly fond of, while CA has at least 3 songs I dislike and 3 more that have grown off of me significantly since my first listen (can you believe I used to rank it above AFTK and PeW? :wacko:). CA is good but it doesn't reach the heights of anything from 1977 to 1985, while I would place VT alongside PoW and Signals though not quite as high as AFTK-MP or GuP.

Tombstone, I don't even see a list from you here. Please make one so I can criticize it.

My guess:

Carnies

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

• Like 1

This is the hardest question ever! I am not even gonna give it a try...

ahem...

Damn this is really hard since all Rush songs are atleast good! But I will give it a try...

1. The Fountain Of Lamneth

2. 2112

3. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

4. Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage

5. Natural Science

6. Xanadu

7. By- Tor And The Snow Dog

8. The Necromancer

9. La Villa Strangiato

10. The Trees

11. Closer To The Heart

12. Red Sector A

13. Secret Touch

14. Stick It Out

15. The Way The Wind Blows

16. Lock And Key

17. Mystic Rhythms

18. Red Barchetta

19. The Garden

20. Working Man

This is the list for now, but ask me again in a hour and it might look difference!

• Like 1

So who's list so far is the most right?

I could start a poll or a "rate other people's list" thread...

Hmmm. I could start a poll to decide whether I should do a poll or a rate thread.

But how do I choose whether to start that poll or not?

How about a poll asking whether to start that poll or not?

Shit...I think I'm having a cyclic redundancy check error.

• Like 1

ahem...

Damn this is really hard since all Rush songs are atleast good! But I will give it a try...

2. 2112

5. Natural Science

6. Xanadu

8. The Necromancer

9. La Villa Strangiato

10. The Trees

11. Closer To The Heart

12. Red Sector A

13. Secret Touch

14. Stick It Out

16. Lock And Key

17. Mystic Rhythms

18. Red Barchetta

19. The Garden

20. Working Man

This is the list for now, but ask me again in a hour and it might look difference!

Oh, forgot about that, sorry...

ahem...

2. 2112

5. Natural Science

6. Xanadu

8. The Necromancer

9. La Villa Strangiato

10. The Trees

11. Closer To The Heart

12. Red Sector A

13. Secret Touch

14. Stick It Out

16. Lock And Key

17. Mystic Rhythms

18. Red Barchetta

19. The Garden

20. Working Man

Oh, forgot about that, sorry...

Nice list. I give it a B+

#13, 14, 15 stop it from getting an A

• Like 1

Mine. Wherever it is.... :)

I gave yours a C+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrDKlV2Kw0

Disclaimer: I hope you have both of your eyes (if not I didn't intend this video to be offensive).

Edited by savagegrace26

Mine. Wherever it is.... :)

I gave yours a C+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrDKlV2Kw0

Disclaimer: I hope you have both of your eyes (if not I didn't intend this video to be offensive).

I still see fine despite what I was told during my teen years... :)

Tombstone, I don't even see a list from you here. Please make one so I can criticize it.

My guess:

Carnies

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

These lists bore me. CA does contain at least 4 all-time great Rush songs IMO

My guess:

Carnies

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Wreckers

These lists bore me. CA does contain at least 4 all-time great Rush songs IMO

Yes: Caravan, Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, and Headlong Flight (and maybe (that's maybe) The Garden)

And Presto has 6: Show Don't Tell, Chain Lightning, The Pass, Presto, Red Tide, Available Light

Afterimage

The Analog Kid

Anthem

Between the Wheels

Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Freewill

La Villa Strangiato

Limelight

Marathon

Natural Science

Presto

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

The Weapon

Xanadu

YYZ

And despite all the hate the production and mixing gets, even that aspect of Presto is superior to CA.

Just my opinion.

Aww! Well I am glad you love it so much, but I can no longer stay interested after track three.

Afterimage

The Analog Kid

Anthem

Between the Wheels

Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Freewill

La Villa Strangiato

Limelight

Marathon

Natural Science

Presto

Red Barchetta

The Spirit of Radio

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

The Weapon

Xanadu

YYZ

Just my opinion.

Well I think Presto is a beautiful and criminally underrated album (currently rank it 3rd of all Rush albums for me) and Presto is my favorite song they've done since 1989. My favorite track from CA is The Anarchist and I'd probably rank Presto, Available Light and The Pass above that track. While CA is very good it doesn't touch Presto unless being louder, noisier, and overly dense musically somehow equates to better. Presto's crisp and clear production (specifically with the Remasters) also blows away CA's mix. Presto is also lyrically and musically more creative and imaginative. I think CA is borderline great but much less interesting than Presto overall.

My thoughts exactly!

Not a single song on CA impresses me anymore the way it once did.

CA sounded so much better to my ears when I first heard it, but that is because at that time I only knew three Rush albums!

For sentimental reasons, I hold it dear. Realistically i am not even sure if I like it anymore. The production is horrendous, and overall the songs aren't as strong as VT, which I LOOOOOOVE!

Presto is top ten for me, and considering the band released 11 or twelve albums that I LOVE IMMENSELY I think that speaks volumes.

Well I think Presto is a beautiful and criminally underrated album (currently rank it 3rd of all Rush albums for me) and Presto is my favorite song they've done since 1989. My favorite track from CA is The Anarchist and I'd probably rank Presto, Available Light and The Pass above that track. While CA is very good it doesn't touch Presto unless being louder, noisier, and overly dense musically somehow equates to better. Presto's crisp and clear production (specifically with the Remasters) also blows away CA's mix. Presto is also lyrically and musically more creative and imaginative. I think CA is borderline great but much less interesting than Presto overall.

I think I need to check out that Presto remaster.

As long as I don't have to buy a box set just to get it. . . . Geez, I don't want to pay good money for something I already have!

As long as I don't have to buy a box set just to get it. . . . Geez, I don't want to pay good money for something I already have!

Am i the only one who likes Presto just the way it is? I will take Presto's "thin" production over Roll The Bones "shiny" production anyday.

It also sounds better than Vapor Trails, Snakes And Arrows, Clockwork Angels, Signals and Fly By Night. It really is overrated to underrate such a great album.

Am i the only one who likes Presto just the way it is? I will take Presto's "thin" production over Roll The Bones "shiny" production anyday.

It also sounds better than Vapor Trails, Snakes And Arrows, Clockwork Angels, Signals and Fly By Night. It really is overrated to underrate such a great album.

Have you checked out the remaster? Just curious. A couple of folks here seem keen on it.

Have you checked out the remaster? Just curious. A couple of folks here seem keen on it.

Is it the one in the box set?

Have you checked out the remaster? A couple of folks here seem keen on it.

Just a couple of people. Those who are keen on it probably can't pass a drug screening

• Like 1

Have you checked out the remaster? A couple of folks here seem keen on it.

Just a couple of people. Those who are keen on it probably can't pass a drug screening

I think that would be more applicable to people who are keen on the muddiness of CA. At least Presto has always had space and clarity.