2014-2015 Soccer - Is there no thread?

alphseeker

Final score 2-2.

Leicester City CHAMPIONS!

...and I hear at the start of the season, Tom Hanks went to a book in London and put £100 on the Foxes to take the Championship (yep, at 5000-1). What crystal ball was he lookin' at?

• Like 1

Now that I'm watching more, I'm a little confused.

Which is more important or prestigious-winning the Premier League Championship, or the FA Cup?

Now that I'm watching more, I'm a little confused.

Which is more important or prestigious-winning the Premier League Championship, or the FA Cup?

This is tough to answer but historically the FA cup is. Google it a bit and you may end up with still more questions than answers.

For a club like this, winning the EPL is a greater achievement by far.

This takes them into the Champion's league and earns them millions of pounds.

It's an astonishing achievement.

Sadly, the big clubs no longer see the FA Cup as Important. This is mainly due to the Managers and Owners

all being from outside England. Plus, there is no great financial benefit from winning it, so they really don't care very much.

• Like 1

Atletico Madrid have beaten Bayern Munich on away goals to reach the Champions League final. Now, what would be funny is if Man City beat Real Madrid tomorrow, and perhaps win the thing, then Pep Guardiola will be replacing a Champions League winning manager at the end of the season!
  • Like 1

For a club like this, winning the EPL is a greater achievement by far.

This takes them into the Champion's league and earns them millions of pounds.

It's an astonishing achievement.

Sadly, the big clubs no longer see the FA Cup as Important. This is mainly due to the Managers and Owners

all being from outside England. Plus, there is no great financial benefit from winning it, so they really don't care very much.

A radio show this week mentioned that at the start of the season Manager Claudio Raineri said he would have been happy just to get out of relegation this season. That bad? Wow.

Understandable as they only just escaped relegation last season.

This season has been remarkable.

Next season? Much tougher. They will be playing many more games than this year

in Europe, plus the big International club tournament this summer featuring many of the best teams in the world.

They should be secure enough in the league, if they can hang on to most of their best players.

Elsewhere, Bayern became the first German side to win the title 4 years running. They are set to dominate German football for the next few years at least.

All eyes now turn to Spain, where Real,Aletico and Barcelona, are all still in with a great chance of the title.

Brucey,

You must fancy Hull's chances in the play-offs.

So much at stake, good luck mate.

Poor Spurs, now sweating on holding on to second place and finishing above Arsenal.

Moneybags Man City now sweating on a CPL place. How Ironic if Man -U snatch fourth,

and leave Pep Guadiola outside looking in.

In Spain, the race is down to just Barcelona and Real as it goes into the last game.

In Scotland, the mighty Celtic secured their 5th title in a row. Next season, they become

the first team in Britain to introduce Safe Standing areas back into the stadium.

They also play Leicester in the summer in Dublin. That should be a cracker (Gulp)

Correction...

Celtic will play Leicester in Glasgow in the International Champions Cup.

The match in Dublin is against Barcelona (Double Gulp).

They will also face Inter Milan in the same tournament, at a venue still to be confirmed.

Brucey,

Poor Spurs, now sweating on holding on to second place and finishing above Arsenal.

Moneybags Man City now sweating on a CPL place. How Ironic if Man -U snatch fourth,

In Spain, the race is down to just Barcelona and Real as it goes into the last game.

In Scotland, the mighty Celtic secured their 5th title in a row. Next season, they become

the first team in Britain to introduce Safe Standing areas back into the stadium.

They also play Leicester in the summer in Dublin. That should be a cracker (Gulp)

I'm actually not at all confident, but then I am naturally pessimistic about everything! Derby have beaten us by an aggregate score of 6-0 in the two league games between us this season.

Brucey,

I'm actually not at all confident, but then I am naturally pessimistic about everything! Derby have beaten us by an aggregate score of 6-0 in the two league games between us this season.

However, if we play to the best of our abilities this time, we'll win, no team in the Championship can cope with us when we're at our best.

• Like 1

Has Maloney added anything to the team?

Had high hopes for him as a youngster.

He's had injury problems throughout the season so he's struggled to make an impact. He's looked decent when he has played though.

Everything hinges on promotion this season really. Our owners have come up with this ridiculous new membership scheme which will price a lot of fans out, particularly youngsters and pensioners, so if we don't go up our attendances will be really poor and I can see us fading away over the coming seasons. It's must be rare for a team to be having one of the best periods of its history whilst the fans are treated like and feel like crap, but that's what's happening here.

Terrible. Sorry to hear about that.

I have to say, Celtic do look after their fans.

Award winning disabled facilities. Raised platforms for wheel-chairs, Bar for disabled and carers only.

Award winning WIFI connectivity, Safe Standing area introduced,and now, another Ticket price freeze.

This despite no CPL money and just a couple of million from the TV deal.

I simply can't understand the sky high prices in England. It's so much cheaper here in Germany, even at Bayern and Dortmund.