Has anyone here met Neil?

bri-tor

I'm intrigued to know what you think could be worse, I guess there are things that may be equally awful but worse, can't think of too much?

You have an 8 year old daughter who is the apple of your eye (and vice versa). At the end of the day, you tuck her in bed, read her a story, kiss her goodnight, and go to bed yourself. You wake up the next day (or maybe not), but not in your room. You find yourself bound to a chair and gagged. Before you is that precious daughter lying on a cold floor, stripped of clothing. Moments later many men enter and begin to viciously rape and beat her. She screams in pain and terror, begging her attackers to stop, begging you to save her. All you can do is watch in horror. This repeats day after day.

Losing someone to death is painful, no doubt -- watching someone you love tortured to the point where you wish for their death (if only to end their suffering) is undoubtedly worse. At least in my eyes.

You should watch Martyrs. It's right up your alley.

• Like 1

Yesterday I discovered that a friend of mine (who lives in Toronto) knows Neil's cousin.

That really means nothing at all, although I am amused that now I know I'm within six degrees of separation of the band. That and a few dollars will buy me a beer. :cheers:

• Like 3

Yesterday I discovered that a friend of mine (who lives in Toronto) knows Neil's cousin.

That really means nothing at all, although I am amused that now I know I'm within six degrees of separation of the band. That and a few dollars will buy me a beer. :cheers:

I bet Neil has little to do with his cousin.

I recently found out that my cousin's work friend is Neil's nanny! Pretty cool if you ask me haha
  • Like 1

When my daughter had her Make-A-Wish, Neil was actually very talkative and went out at his way to be very nice to Sam and the rest of my family. He greeted her with a hug and talked to her with genuine interest. He talked to me, my wife, and my other daughter and seemed engaging. After the sound check he hugged Sam again and gave her the sticks he used during the sound check, then he talked to us some more and signed the stuff Sam brought. All the guys seemed to be "regular guys" and very easy to talk to.
  • Like 4

I recently found out that my cousin's work friend is Neil's nanny! Pretty cool if you ask me haha

:o Neil has a nanny? Who knew?

Haha, I should have clarified that the nanny watches his daughter
  • Like 1

Haha, I should have clarified that the nanny watches his daughter

;)

• Like 1

Oh come on. Neil even stated in "Ghost Rider" that he didn't feel bad that he was never there for his first wife and kid. He barely gave them a second thought. Then, as now, he couldn't be bothered to hang around with them...he was always even then riding bicycles around the world when he wasn't bothered by the "guys at work." He seems to have as much disdain for his family as he does for his work co-horts. Hell, not that long ago I remember reading how Neil didn't find it strange one bit that he went on separate vacations away from his family and then they "visited" him while he was on vacation FROM them.

When you really love someone, you WANT to be with them...you think of them ALL the time...you SPEND TIME with them. Kinda like how Neil always did with BRUTUS, and NOT either of his wives. I wonder if Neil ever wrote as many love letters to his wives as he did to Brutus??? He was so far up Brutus' chute in those 100's of love letters that if maybe he spent 1/10th of the time he spent writing those letters with his wife when she needed him maybe she would have done a bit better...

I still say Neil and Brutus were pounding those trips. Hard.

• Like 3

Oh come on. Neil even stated in "Ghost Rider" that he didn't feel bad that he was never there for his first wife and kid. He barely gave them a second thought. Then, as now, he couldn't be bothered to hang around with them...he was always even then riding bicycles around the world when he wasn't bothered by the "guys at work." He seems to have as much disdain for his family as he does for his work co-horts. Hell, not that long ago I remember reading how Neil didn't find it strange one bit that he went on separate vacations away from his family and then they "visited" him while he was on vacation FROM them.

When you really love someone, you WANT to be with them...you think of them ALL the time...you SPEND TIME with them. Kinda like how Neil always did with BRUTUS, and NOT either of his wives. I wonder if Neil ever wrote as many love letters to his wives as he did to Brutus??? He was so far up Brutus' chute in those 100's of love letters that if maybe he spent 1/10th of the time he spent writing those letters with his wife when she needed him maybe she would have done a bit better...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89706-am-i-the-only-one/

Spaghetti, where have you been?

I was out of town...visiting my relatives in Ohio. My uncle recently had a very bad fall and ended up in ICU but he is home and on the mend now. I checked in the forum here every now and then but all I saw was worthless and boring poll threads...I decided I'd rather sit around up north and watch the cars rust.

Spaghetti, where have you been?

I was out of town...visiting my relatives in Ohio. My uncle recently had a very bad fall and ended up in ICU but he is home and on the mend now. I checked in the forum here every now and then but all I saw was worthless and boring poll threads...I decided I'd rather sit around up north and watch the cars rust.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, but glad to know he is getting better.

As for the poll threads, we try. As long as no one leaves Signals out, I have no complaints about them. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Good to have you back :laughing guy:

Yeah, but even tasteless offensive threads equating horrible Rush songs with infected bodily fluids are more entertaining than endless mindnumbing Gracie polls about the same handful of questionable 90's unlistenable "songs"...

You missed the best one. The greater than or lesser than thread, inserting these little symbols < > between the albums. I'm too old and befuddled for things like that. Not much in the brains department you know. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, but even tasteless offensive threads equating horrible Rush songs with infected bodily fluids are more entertaining than endless mindnumbing Gracie polls about the same handful of questionable 90's unlistenable "songs"...

You missed the best one. The greater than or lesser than thread, inserting these little symbols < > between the albums. I'm too old and befuddled for things like that. Not much in the brains department you know. ;)

Oh God...just the thought of something so arcane makes me want to set my toe hairs on fire.

• Like 1

Oh well. Some people enjoyed it. We can't just be reading what songs people are listening to throughout the day all the time.

• Like 2

Oh well. Some people enjoyed it. We can't just be reading what songs people are listening to throughout the day all the time.

Why not?