From one half of RC5's gestalt entity

wanderingpixie2112

2.gif

Greetings everyone. It's Kristy, the Australian representative & newbie @ RushCon 5 here.

(Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!)

(Now THAT'S out of the way)

I'd have to say RushCon 5 was certainly one of the best experiences I've had whilst on my travels, in more ways than one. To paraphrase Jeff (with the ripped Starman tattoo), it was wonderful to be with people who "get it". Considering it was also my first ever RushCon, I was blown away at how friendly everyone was, I was made to feel so welcome, it was like a family in many ways.

BTW, a quick hello to some of the wonderful people I met during the weekend:

Mary (Rushgrrl)

Judy (you rock! and....you rock! 1022.gif )

Mom (you rock too! smile.gif )

Jillian (Relax, Jack & roll the bones cool.gif )

Jane (see ya in Fullerton, I hope!)

Ken (Masked Drummer)

Kenny (Ghost of a Rider)

Paul (Canadianmusicscene)

Booter (thanks for listening, groover)

Rob from Hemispheres (Geddy in disguise, I swear it ph34r.gif )

Gundred & Robert from Germany (Prost!!)

Rolinda Bonz (you're such a sweetie!)

Jeff (I got a Starman too and it's blue laugh.gif )

Jeff (Hemispheres Manager)

and everyone else I met (sorry if I forgot to mention you!)

Oh, and some guy from Colorado Springs ..... wub.gif

Obviously, no-one was blind to the fact that Kevin & I were getting along VERY well at RushCon 5. Just to clarify: yes, we just met on the Friday night. No, we didn't correspond in anyway prior to RC5, simply because we were yet to be aware of each other's existence.

A brief update:

Kevin & I spent a few more days together in Toronto after RushCon. We explored some of the city, had a night-time picnic at Lakeside Park and took a daytrip to Niagara Falls with a mate of mine who lives in Toronto. As I write, we're now up in Ottawa, after driving up via Kingston yesterday afternoon.

Unfortunately, Kevin & I are parting tomorrow, for I'm heading to Montreal and back down to the States However, I shall be rounding out the US leg of my travels with about a week in Colorado Springs in August. YIPPEEEEE!!! After that, it's all a case of wait and see....

Another thing that blew me (and Kevin) away at RC5 was how understanding everybody was with us (especially the few who know the full story). We are both of the opinion that the guys & gals at RC5 were amongst some of the kindest and friendliest people we have ever met. Mind you, it does seem that "GET A ROOM!" is now becoming the Toronto catchphrase. I'm sure some of you remember how we were during the weekend? No change there, mateys!!! heart.gif

OK, that's enough for my first big post. I've yet to sort out my pix, but I'll do that in the next few days or so. I'm going to post them up on my website, along with my story of RushCon 5. I'll post the link again in a few days, but here it is:

http://www.geocities.com/wanderingpixie2112

Once again, thank you all for a wonderful first RushCon. Take care and ROLL ON RUSHCON 6!!!!

trink38.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif common001.gif

Cheers!

Kristy (aka WanderingPixie2112)

welcome Kristy! I remember you. I had asked you if you were from North Carolina of all things! My boyfriend thought you were for some reason and had asked me to ask you if you were.

That was me! tongue.gif

Welcome, Kristy. Sorry we didn't meet. Maybe we'll see you at another RushCon.

It won't be a maybe, it's a definite! I don't care where I am in the world, what I'm doing, anything. Even if I'm DEAD, I'm coming back next year. Just watch out for the coffin in the corner, he he he! laugh.gif

1022.gif

Hey pixie girl!

Was so great meeting you, I'm glad we ran into each other that last night for some dishin! What an adventure you are on! Rock on Rush Sistah! I will see you next year too, it's an addiction at this point biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif

Hiya RushGrrl! bekloppt.gif

An adventure indeed! As I type, I'm in a hotel room in Lebanon, Tennessee (about 20-30 miles from Nashville)

Tomorrow - off to Memphis to check out Elvis' grave, before turning towards San Antonio. After that, it's the desert in New Mexico/Arizona/Nevada, before returning the car to San Francisco, then rounding off with a week in Colorado Springs. wub.gif wub.gif

And yes, all is going well on that front as well! heart.gif

Mind you, after finding out certain truths about US cellphones, I'm more determined to get back to Canada. Getting charged for RECEIVING calls?!?! That is just not right! comp26.gif mad.gif

It was great to catch you and Supermouse (goldfish memory! What was her name?!) at the Orbit Room on the Monday night. Felt like it was the perfect way to finally round it all off, coming down on a gentle wave as opposed to crashing to a halt.

DEFINITELY looking forward to RushCon 6! common001.gif

Kristy 1022.gif

Archived