3. Neurotica

4. Face Up

5. The Color Of Right

6. Stick It Out

7. You Bet Your Life

8. The Big Wheel

9. Dog Years

10. Cold Fire

The Color of Right and Cold Fire would be in my top 15 best from the 90s.

1. Dreamline

2. Cut to the Chase

3. Leave That Thing Alone

4. Ghost of a Chance

5. Animate

6. Test for Echo

7. Nobody's Hero

8. Driven

9. Bravado

10. Totem

11. Between Sun & Moon

12. Cold Fire

13. Double Agent

14. The Color of Right

15. Where's My Thing?

16. Heresy

17. Time and Motion

18. Roll the Bones

19. Limbo

20. Stick It Out

21. The Big Wheel

---------------------------------------THE FINE LINE BETWEEN GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD

22. Virtuality

23. Alien Shore

24. Everyday Glory

25. Resist

26. Dog Years

27. Carve Away the Stone

28. Half the World

29. You Bet Your Life

30. Neurotica

31. Face Up

32.The Speed of Love

Between Sun & Moon is a good one, probably 11th for me too (not 11th worst ;)). Surprised to see Resist that low too...

EDIT: Just realized I put BS&M 9th... :facepalm:

Edited by len(songs)

Alternately

1. Half The World

2. The Speed Of Love

3. Neurotica

4. Face Up

5. The Color Of Right

6. Stick It Out

7. You Bet Your Life

8. The Big Wheel

9. Dog Years

10. Cold Fire

The Color of Right and Cold Fire would be in my top 15 best from the 90s.

1. Dreamline

2. Cut to the Chase

3. Leave That Thing Alone

4. Ghost of a Chance

5. Animate

6. Test for Echo

7. Nobody's Hero

8. Driven

9. Bravado

10. Totem

11. Between Sun & Moon

12. Cold Fire

13. Double Agent

14. The Color of Right

15. Where's My Thing?

16. Heresy

17. Time and Motion

18. Roll the Bones

19. Limbo

20. Stick It Out

21. The Big Wheel

---------------------------------------THE FINE LINE BETWEEN GOOD AND NOT SO GOOD

22. Virtuality

23. Alien Shore

24. Everyday Glory

25. Resist

26. Dog Years

27. Carve Away the Stone

28. Half the World

29. You Bet Your Life

30. Neurotica

31. Face Up

32.The Speed of Love

Between Sun & Moon is a good one, probably 11th for me too (not 11th worst ;)). Surprised to see Resist that low too...

I love the live versions (especially from the T4E tour). The studio version never was appealing to me because of those overly layered vocals. The live versions have a more ethereal airy feel to them which is a big improvement.

Geddy also sings it with much more passion live. The studio version is pretty flat.

Edited by savagegrace26

Generally speaking, it just sucks. What more is there to say? ;)

It's easily the worst song on Counterparts, and maybe one of the Bottom Five Songs in Rush's 90s output. ("Color of Right," from the next album, is another.) The best I can say about it is "it's tolerable" (not glowing praise, that), but fortunately I don't have to tolerate it: they never play it in concert, and I didn't put it on my iPod. I never hear it anymore.

The Speed of Love is simply the wrong kind of song for Rush to be doing. It would have been better if someone like Richard Marx was singing it...I just listened to it and I got to say, I get the feeling that all three of them were bored recording this song.
  • Like 1

It's not among my favorite, but I actually like it more than I used to. I think what happened is that I listened to it a few times while Lorraine was compiling her list of members who liked it - I wanted to give it a fair shake - and I think . . . maybe it grew on me a bit (and please don't say "like mold"). Musically, it doesn't have much Rush Muscle. Melodically it's got a little somethin' there, I think. Lyrically . . . I won't comment.

If, on the Elevator Ride down to Hell, I am given the choice between Roll the Bones and Speed of Love, I will definitely choose the latter.

On the other hand, I think I will try to be a better person from now on.

• Like 2

If, on the Elevator Ride down to Hell, I am given the choice between Roll the Bones and Speed of Love, I will definitely choose the latter.

If Roll the Bones is involved, it would only be Purgatory, not Hell. That's reserved for Tai Shan.

It's a song that, lyrically, aspires to heights it has no hope of reaching with the words being used. Musically, the main riff is poor, the contrasts between sections are average, and the song as a whole has no sense of purpose. The lyrics assign such heights and wonders to the concept of love, yet the song as a whole is as flat as a pancake, plodding and ponderous

If Roll the Bones is involved, it would only be Purgatory, not Hell. That's reserved for Tai Shan.

And Dog Years.

• Like 1

Half the World's going to hell

While the other half isn't (and they get to listen to Hemispheres on the way up instead of Half the World on a constant loop for eternity)

I don't hate the song. There's plenty of other Rush tunes from the late 80's (HYF) to mid 90's(T4E) to slam that are worse in my opinion. As for the lyrics, I rarely pay attention to them anymore. Neil's writing / philosophy runs shallow with me.

I don't care for his interests or politics outside of making music. Friggin bird watching ? That's only topped by his boring travel dialogue that goes on and on aboot (i meant to spell it that way) places of little consequence to most people. I used to read his stuff hoping to get more insight about the band and ended up wasting my time. For every interesting snippet, there are chapters of toilet paper.

• Like 1

I don't hate the song. There's plenty of other Rush tunes from the late 80's (HYF) to mid 90's(T4E) to slam that are worse in my opinion. As for the lyrics, I rarely pay attention to them anymore. Neil's writing / philosophy runs shallow with me.

I don't care for his interests or politics outside of making music. Friggin bird watching ? That's only topped by his boring travel dialogue that goes on and on aboot (i meant to spell it that way) places of little consequence to most people. I used to read his stuff hoping to get more insight about the band and ended up wasting my time. For every interesting snippet, there are chapters of toilet paper.

Uh oh. Looks like Neil's gettin' slapped around again.

Edited by toymaker

Uh oh. Looks like Neil's gettin' slapped around again.

The more things change the more they stay the same aye?.......

I told you guys i put this song on. My beagle literally sighed and left the room. She is the smartest most tasteful pup in the world.

She also howls during Dogs by Pink floyd, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

I told you guys i put this song on. My beagle literally sighed and left the room. She is the smartest most tasteful pup in the world.

She also howls during Dogs by Pink floyd, lol

Mick

How does she react when you listen to the debut?..... :codger: ;)