R40 6-Disc Blu-Ray Box Set Coming in November

Jag2112

Why is this only on Blu-Ray?

Because it's not 2006?

But seriously, I think half the value of the package is getting RiR on blu-ray. And making another version of the package for the small number of Rush fans who've not upgraded might not make economic sense.

• Like 1

Because with modern high definition televisions, anything less than a high definition signal looks like crap; on older CRT sets lower resolution sources such as VHS looked fine as those older TVs "hid" graininess and didn't turn into digital mosquito noise pixelization blocky artifacts like modern flat screens do. Anything less than blu-ray quality (including last decade's dvd quality) is not worth your money on a modern television.

Because with modern high definition televisions, anything less than a high definition signal looks like crap; on older CRT sets lower resolution sources such as VHS looked fine as those older TVs "hid" graininess and didn't turn into digital mosquito noise pixelization blocky artifacts like modern flat screens do. Anything less than blu-ray quality (including last decade's dvd quality) is not worth your money on a modern television.

Spaghetti, thank you, but I don't own a television. I watch my DVDs on my computer.

Because it's not 2006?

But seriously, I think half the value of the package is getting RiR on blu-ray. And making another version of the package for the small number of Rush fans who've not upgraded might not make economic sense.

Forgive me for not being up on things.

$200? So does that mean they're making us pay for the book too which should be like a free gift/incentive? 6 discs does not add up to $200 and in a package the overall price should be less total than what they would cost individually. Edited by savagegrace26

Because it's not 2006?

Huh?

Because it's not 2006?

Blu-ray drives for computers are pretty cheap nowadays. You could even find one for 20 bucks on craigslist. Whether youre computer/monitor can deal with it is an unknown though...

So what to do for those of us (and I´m guessing this means ALL of us) who already have the 5 concert discs? I sure as heck won´t buy the box for the bonus disc, especially after shelling out for the limited edition CAT set

Because it's not 2006?

Blu-ray drives for computers are pretty cheap nowadays. You could even find one for 20 bucks on craigslist. Whether youre computer/monitor can deal with it is an unknown though...

Are Blu-rays going to phase out the regular dvds? If so, I will look into getting one for the computer. The dvd player we have is on its last legs anyway.

I only have R30 and Clockwork Angels Tour (the deluxe limited edition which now I regret getting) on BluRay. I've said it before on the other thread, but I think it would've been more reasonable if the bonus disc was released solely on it's own. Also make it available on DVD for those who don't have BluRays yet.

Why do you regret getting the limited edition CAT set? I´d be interested to know, as I have it and my feelings are not so strong that I regret getting it ;)

Doesn´t the R30 Blu-Ray have extra tracks not on the dvd?

Yes. It's the complete show but the Blu-ray release didn't include the bonus content that the dvd had.

It would've been nice if they included all the content of the R30 bonus disc on this release. Guess they didn't think about that. So even if someone were to upgrade to this package they would still have to have that one single bonus content dvd to be "complete"...eh

So what to do for those of us (and I´m guessing this means ALL of us) who already have the 5 concert discs? I sure as heck won´t buy the box for the bonus disc, especially after shelling out for the limited edition CAT set

I too shelled out for the limited edition CAT set as well. With the possibility of this R40 thing being an actual release, I'm starting to have buyer's remorse...

Because it's not 2006?

Huh?

I'm sorry. I must have misread your post. :cheers:

• Like 1

I'm hoping the price is not $200 but I would like to have all of the concerts on Blu-ray.

Lorraine, blu-ray players will also play DVDs so it would be worth your while to upgrade.

• Like 2

This might be interesting: "Laura Secord Secondary School 1974." Rush playing at a teen dance, would be sorta funny.

It's already available in the bonus material on BTLS and TMT.

Until we know the track listing, we don't know that.

This seems like a lack of imagination from the management me thinks.

I think so too. That should add some stuff that we haven't seen before. Surely they've got some stuff stashed away.