Best Rush DVDs/Blu-Rays...

1000ml

1. Exit...Stage Left (amazing setlist, Geddy's best bass tone)

2. A Show of Hands (fantastic selection of their 80s tunes, if you're into that)

3. GUP Live (best in terms of vocals)

4. Time Machine

5. R30

6. Snakes

7. CA

8. Rio (hate the sound quality)

1. R30(Full bluray

2. Snakes Live

3. A Show of Hands

4. Rio (for the crowd/energy)

5. Exit Stage Left (It's wonderful.....just to damn short)

6. p/g Tour

7 Time Machine

8. CA Tour

Mick

Doesn't Snakes contain alot of S & A tunes?.......

1. R30(Full bluray

2. Snakes Live

3. A Show of Hands

6. p/g Tour

7 Time Machine

8. CA Tour

Mick

I think that would be a plus for him...
  • Like 1

1. R30(Full bluray

2. Snakes Live

3. A Show of Hands

6. p/g Tour

7 Time Machine

8. CA Tour

Mick

Right on.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

1. R30(Full bluray

2. Snakes Live

3. A Show of Hands

6. p/g Tour

7 Time Machine

8. CA Tour

Mick

I think that would be a plus for him...

1. R30(Full bluray

2. Snakes Live

3. A Show of Hands

6. p/g Tour

7 Time Machine

8. CA Tour

Mick

Bite me.

Lol

Mick

1. Rio/R30

3. CA Tour

4. Snakes/Grace Tour

6. A Show Of Hands vid with Lock and Key

7. Different Stages

8. ATWAS

9. Exit Stage Left

Edit: whoops, thread asked for DVDs. ...I'll just leave it as is

Edited by BowlCity

1. Rio/R30

3. CA Tour

4. Snakes/Grace Tour

7. Different Stages

8. ATWAS

9. Exit Stage Left

ATWAS 8th? :o :o :no: :no: :no:

ATWAS is not only their best live CD but one of their best CDs ever.

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 2

1. Rio/R30

3. CA Tour

4. Snakes/Grace Tour

7. Different Stages

8. ATWAS

9. Exit Stage Left

It's a great album, but I wouldn't say it's their best live CD. It's pretty limited in terms of the setlist. I love it all, but there's just not enough variety. It's all bombastic/loud and fairly reminiscent of Zeppelin (but better than anything Zeppelin ever did)
  • Like 2

1. Rio/R30

3. CA Tour

4. Snakes/Grace Tour

7. Different Stages

8. ATWAS

9. Time Machine Tour (the vocals :( great setlist though!)

10. Exit Stage Left

It's a great album, but I wouldn't say it's their best live CD. It's pretty limited in terms of the setlist. I love it all, but there's just not enough variety. It's all bombastic/loud and fairly reminiscent of Zeppelin (but better than anything Zeppelin ever did)

It just doesn't have that much content compared to the others. It's not BAD. The only one listed I don't like is Exit Stage Left.

I love the stuff from 2112, By-Tor, and In The End, but other stuff on there I'm either not overly fond of or prefer other versions.

I will say that ATWAS has one of Neil's best drum solos, though it's hard to top the one from Rio.

Also: forgot Time Machine.

Edited by BowlCity

1. Snakes & Arrows Live (Blu-ray) - Imo this is one of the best concert films ever made. The sound is fantastic, the quality of the images are flawless, the camera angles are the best I've ever seen on a live release, the choice of setlist is great and of course the performances are spot on. It's just brilliant on every level! 10/10

2. Rush in Rio (DVD) - Although the production values (the sound in particular) may not be the best, that is more than made up for by the energy from the audience and band alike and the sheer scale of the event! I think out of all the setlists from the more recent tours, this one has the best "flow" to it which I think really helps to bring the whole experience together. A really great release that imo is only marred slightly by the audio quality. 9/10

3. Clockwork Angels Tour (Blu-ray) - Another very strong release with again an excellent performance from the guys. I also love the choice of songs (though was slightly disappointed that for some reason they chose to swap Manhattan Project for Dreamline that night) and the general presentation of the show as a whole is outstanding. My only real gripe is that it doesn't seem quite as polished as some of the other releases - almost seems like they could have mixed and edited it better but they just ran out of time. Still a really enjoyable film though! 8/10

4. Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland (Blu-ray) - Instrumentally, I think they're absolutely burning all cylinders in this gig - truly epic stuff, especially in Working Man! I think again it's the production that lets this one down a bit. The guitar sounds are wayy too thin at times I feel. Just compare the version of Limelight on here to the S&A Live one and you'll see what I mean. Also, I wasn't too thrilled with the setlist on this tour - a bit too much filler in the first half, though I think that's almost made up for by Marathon alone! Overall though, another really good release. 8/10

5. R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour (Blu-ray) - Not the band's best performance imo. There's a real energy and spark in the other shows that seems to be missing from this one a bit. However, the production values are great here with excellent sound and video quality - second only to S&A Live I think. The setlist is also really good, though I wish there were less covers. 2/3 of the encores are covers?? I mean come on! Anyway, I'm probably being quite picky here as I still think it's a very enjoyable watch. 8/10

6. A Show Of Hands (DVD) - Strong performance and as a big fan of mid-late 80s rush, I really dig the song selection here! Like the other Replay X 3 shows, I have to knock a couple of points off for not giving us the full show. Really is a shame songs were cut, though this one is the least guilty out of the Replay films. Also interesting that the mix on the DVD is not as good as the original laserdisk version of the show which can be found on youtube. Anyway, still a good show! 7/10

7. Exit Stage Left (DVD) - Brilliant and inspired performances here! Just too bad how much is cut out. I can't believe they actually had the interviews playing over Neil's drum solo - almost disrespectful to me! Hope one day the footage gets released in full. 7/10

8. Grace Under Pressure Tour (DVD) - Yet again too much is cut out for it to be rated amongst some of the other shows. Still a very good film that maybe just lacks the urgency of the other shows. But I think again, choosing not to include staples such as the drum solo is the main reason for this. 7/10

Edited by Drummerrobin

1. Snakes & Arrows Live (Blu-Ray) - Imo this is one of the best concert films ever made. The sound is fantastic, the quality of the images are flawless, the camera angles are the best I've ever seen on a live release, the choice of setlist is great and of course the performances are spot on. It's just brilliant on every level! 10/10

2. Rush in Rio (DVD) - Although the production values (the sound in particular) may not be the best, that is more than made up for by the energy from the audience and band alike and the sheer scale of the event! I think out of all the setlists from the more recent tours, this one has the best "flow" to it which I think really helps to bring the whole experience together. A really great release that imo is only marred slightly by the audio quality. 9/10

3. Clockwork Angels Tour (Blu-ray) - Another very strong release with again an excellent performance from the guys. I also love the choice of songs (though was slightly disappointed that for some reason they chose to swap Manhattan Project for Dreamline that night) and the general presentation of the show as a whole is outstanding. My only real gripe is that it doesn't seem quite as polished as some of the other releases - almost seems like they could have mixed and edited it better but they just ran out of time. Still a really enjoyable film though! 8/10

4. Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland (Blu-ray) - Instrumentally, I think they're absolutely burning all cylinders in this gig - truly epic stuff, especially in Working Man! I think again it's the production that lets this one down a bit. The guitar sounds are wayy too thin at times I feel. Just compare the version of Limelight on here to the S&A Live one and you'll see what I mean. Also, I wasn't too thrilled with the setlist on this tour - a bit too much filler in the first half, though I think that's almost made up for by Marathon alone! Overall though, another really good release. 8/10

5. R30: 30th Anniversary World Tour (Blu-ray) - Not the band's best performance imo. There's a real energy and spark in the other shows that seems to be missing from this one a bit. However, the production values are great here with excellent sound and video quality - second only to S&A Live I think. The setlist is also really good, though I wish there were less covers. 2/3 of the encores are covers?? I mean come on! Anyway, I'm probably being quite picky here as I still think it's a very enjoyable watch. 8/10

6. A Show Of Hands (DVD) - Strong performance and as a big fan of mid-late 80s rush, I really dig the song selection here! Like the other Replay X 3 shows, I have to knock a couple of points off for not giving us the full show. Really is a shame songs were cut, though this one is the least guilty out of the Replay films. Also interesting that the mix on the DVD is not as good as the original laserdisk version of the show which can be found on youtube. Anyway, still a good show! 7/10

7. Exit Stage Left (DVD) - Brilliant and inspired performances here! Just too bad how much is cut out. I can't believe they actually had the interviews playing over Neil's drum solo - almost disrespectful to me! Hope one day the footage gets released in full. 7/10

8. Grace Under Pressure Tour (DVD) - Yet again too much is cut out for it to be rated amongst some of the other shows. Still a very good film that maybe just lacks the urgency of the other shows. But I think again, choosing not to include staples such as the drum solo is the main reason for this. 7/10

I'll second your recommendation of S&A's. I also agree with most of the rest of your comments about the DVDs except for CA which IMO looks like it was edited by a drunk monkey.

• Like 1

1. Snakes & Arrows Live (Blu-Ray) - Imo this is one of the best concert films ever made. The sound is fantastic, the quality of the images are flawless, the camera angles are the best I've ever seen on a live release, the choice of setlist is great and of course the performances are spot on. It's just brilliant on every level! 10/10

I'll second your recommendation of S&A's. I also agree with most of the rest of your comments about the DVDs except for CA which IMO looks like it was edited by a drunk monkey.

Yeah fair enough, I agree it's not very well edited. The fact that I loved that tour so much in general is really the main reason as to why I rated it so highly. Edited by Drummerrobin
  • Like 1

Amen. I always say CA was one of my most favorite tours. the DVD was such a waste after waiting for it. Have not given it a full view since release day. I'm serious. I guess it's a pair. CA sounded like shit. let's make the DVD look like shit

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Didn't want to start a new thread so I brought this one back up.

Will someone please tell me why Grace Under Pressure Tour dvd is so expensive?

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B000MR8SN2

That's so weird how that happens with stuff on Amazon! It seems like no rhyme or reason. Sometimes when I want something I just keep checking back once in a while. At times, people get tired of their stuff not selling and lower the price. The Ghost Rider book by Neil is $1.12 (used) right now ( plus 3.99 shipping) ; I was looking at it last year and the cheapest used one was around $15.00!!?? I guess now that he has a new book out everyone wants that instead. I hope the G under P DVD ends up somewhere at a more normal price.

Didn't want to start a new thread so I brought this one back up.

Will someone please tell me why Grace Under Pressure Tour dvd is so expensive?

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B000MR8SN2

That's so weird how that happens with stuff on Amazon! It seems like no rhyme or reason. Sometimes when I want something I just keep checking back once in a while. At times, people get tired of their stuff not selling and lower the price. The Ghost Rider book by Neil is $1.12 (used) right now ( plus 3.99 shipping) ; I was looking at it last year and the cheapest used one was around $15.00!!?? I guess now that he has a new book out everyone wants that instead. I hope the G under P DVD ends up somewhere at a more normal price.

When I first came here four years ago and asked what to buy, Rio was the dvd most suggested. That was back in the day when p/h for cds/dvds on Amazon was still $2.99. I found a used copy of Rush In Rio for somewhere around three dollars.

I never found another Rush used dvd that reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Check out your Half Price Books store if you have one in town. They carry used DVDs and Blu-ray's. I have seen several Rush DVDs at them.

Check out your Half Price Books store if you have one in town. They carry used DVDs and Blu-ray's. I have seen several Rush DVDs at them.

We don't have one, and Hastings is going out of business. The 31st is their last day of business. I wouldn't know where else to go and get cds or dvds now. I don't know if Best Buy still sells them.

We don't have one, and Hastings is going out of business. The 31st is their last day of business. I wouldn't know where else to go and get cds or dvds now. I don't know if Best Buy still sells them.

Then try eBay.