rush reference in new movie

jbrod0919

In the tv commerical for 40-year-old virgin starring Steve Carrell of the Daily Show, there is a scene where he is getting his chest hair waxed and screams "AARRRGGHH ALEX LIFESON!" when the woman rips the wax off his chest, the first time i saw it i wasn't really paying attention and it kind of grabbed me, but since then i have seen the ad 3 or 4 more times and he definitely says it, I will try to find a link for the ad and post it later.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, i saw the same commercial last night, and while what he screamed wasn't completely clear, i thought i did hear him say kelly clarkson, the winner of the first season of the reality tv show American Idol, and a currently successful singer - it actually would make a lot more sense that he would say Kelly Clarkson as she's been very popular in the United States in the last couple of years, more well known (unfortunately) that Alex Lifeson, at least among masses of young people. I'll keep my ears open though for when I see the commercial again...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 27 2005, 09:34 AM)
yeah, i saw the same commercial last night, and while what he screamed wasn't completely clear, i thought i did hear him say kelly clarkson, the winner of the first season of the reality tv show American Idol, and a currently successful singer - it actually would make a lot more sense that he would say Kelly Clarkson as she's been very popular in the United States in the last couple of years, more well known (unfortunately) that Alex Lifeson, at least among masses of young people. I'll keep my ears open though for when I see the commercial again...

while that may be the case, screaming alex's name would be far funnier and a smarter joke, i have watched the clip numerous times now and even read his lips, he's saying alex lifeson!

It's clearly "Kelly Clarkson."

This movie looks like it could be pretty funny..."I hope you've got a big trunk...'cause I'm puttin' my bike in it..."

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2005, 09:42 AM)

This movie looks like it could be pretty funny..."I hope you've got a big trunk...'cause I'm puttin' my bike in it..."

z7shysterical.gif

GG, watch it again, very closely

QUOTE (jbrod0919 @ Jul 27 2005, 08:46 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

I did. And I listened very closely...and it still sounds like "Kelly Clarkson." I'd love it if it was "Alex Lifeson," but I can't make it sound like that at all.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2005, 09:59 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

I did. And I listened very closely...and it still sounds like "Kelly Clarkson." I'd love it if it was "Alex Lifeson," but I can't make it sound like that at all.

look, i know i'm not crazy and i know he's not saying kelly clarkson! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (jbrod0919 @ Jul 27 2005, 09:08 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

look, i know i'm not crazy and i know he's not saying kelly clarkson! 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm certainly not saying you're crazy. I'm just saying what it sounds like to me.

z7shysterical.gif

As much as it pains me to say this, it sounds like Kelly Clarkson to me, too. sad.gif

Does Kelly have a message board? We could post this on there! tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 27 2005, 09:38 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

As much as it pains me to say this, it sounds like Kelly Clarkson to me, too. sad.gif

Of course she does! I'm, like...the PRESIDENT... DUH!!!

nasty.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 27 2005, 10:40 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

nasty.gif

great so i'm an idiot fing.gif

QUOTE (jbrod0919 @ Jul 27 2005, 10:41 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

nasty.gif

No, you're not...I thought it was Alex Lifeson before someone mentioned Kelly Clarkson. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 27 2005, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE (jbrod0919 @ Jul 27 2005, 10:41 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

nasty.gif

No, you're not...I thought it was Alex Lifeson before someone mentioned Kelly Clarkson. yes.gif

thank you! it stills sounds like alex to me

Jbrod...NO ONE is insinuating anything like that. Again, this is MY OPINION.

It is indeed Kelly Clarkson, as the character in the movie is "a Kelly Clarkson fan".

It's called the 40 year old Virgin and if I didn't know any better I would say it was based on my life. Picture this. There's this guy whose 40 years old and still a virgin. He rides his bike everywhere, is a Kelly Clarkson fan, and has an insanely hairy chest.

http://www.imaheadcase.blogspot.com/

Archived