Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails Remixed VS Vapor Trails Unmasters

YYZumbi

43 members have voted

1. 1. Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails Remixed VS Vapor Trails Unmasters

• Vapor Trails
    • Vapor Trails Remixed
    • Vapor Trails Unmasters

I did it again last night......too generous to VT. I listened to the original release too. I felt violated. It was basically audio rape. I'm announcing it here. I'm officially done with VT. Don't really care what you fans say.....you can have VT, lol. Enjoy.

Mick

I did it again last night......too generous to VT. I listened to the original release too. I felt violated. It was basically audio rape. I'm announcing it here. I'm officially done with VT. Don't really care what you fans say.....you can have VT, lol. Enjoy.

Mick

I agree that it sounds like a jackhammer to the eardrums.

• Like 1

I must say that I'm much more a fan of the original than the remixed version. Though I agree that many songs are weak compositionally, I like the fact that the production is so grungy, that there's a wall of sound coming out of the speakers. To me, the polished remixed version reduces the impact of the good songs in the cd (IMO, One Little Victory, Earthshine (wouldn't trade that song for anything), Secret Touch and Nocturne).

It's interesting to read how's my people are violently against Counterparts. It is still arguably my favourite record! That's the great thing about art, its subjectivity!

I must say that I'm much more a fan of the original than the remixed version. Though I agree that many songs are weak compositionally, I like the fact that the production is so grungy, that there's a wall of sound coming out of the speakers. To me, the polished remixed version reduces the impact of the good songs in the cd (IMO, One Little Victory, Earthshine (wouldn't trade that song for anything), Secret Touch and Nocturne).

It's interesting to read how's my people are violently against Counterparts. It is still arguably my favourite record! That's the great thing about art, its subjectivity!

Luckily, that seems to be quite a rare condition...

photo-14459.jpg?_r=1376869194 :rage:

• Like 1

I only listen to the Remixed version of the album due to the compression and distortion on the original, but I didn't know there was an unmastered version floating around. If someone would be kind enough to PM about it, I would be grateful. Edited by diatribein
  • Like 1