What is your favorite version of Witch Hunt?

fraroc

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite version of Witch Hunt (Part 3 of Fear)?

• Moving Pictures
    • A Show of Hands
    • Snakes and Arrows Live
    • Grace Under Pressure Live
    • Time Machine Live/Moving Pictures Live 2011

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/batboystiiiwater/ClassicGeddy_zpsf10f8b4f.jpg

This just made my day!

There might not be actual witch hunts that hunt witches anymore, but there are endless amounts of figurative "witch hunts" going on today, an example would be the anti-gay bill that passed in Russia before the Sochi Olympics. And whenever I see someone that is racist, anti-semetic, or homophobic, I always think of the last lyrics of Witch Hunt.

"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand."

Actually, my favorite line...in this song or any Rush song, has to be "Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves."

Tough call, but the Grace Under Pressure version is so sweet.

I was in the building for the A Show of Hands version and maybe it would have made a difference if they didn't lop off the first 34 seconds to keep the recording to a single disc, but I doubt it.

The later versions are cool too, especially for the pyro but I really have a soft spot for the version on Grace Under Pressure. It's just so menacing and while it may not groove like the versions from this century, it's been a part of my life for almost 30 years along with the rest of that recording. I think they really nailed it at that moment.

I was in the building for the A Show of Hands version and maybe it would have made a difference if they didn't lop off the first 34 seconds to keep the recording to a single disc, but I doubt it.

The later versions are cool too, especially for the pyro but I really have a soft spot for the version on Grace Under Pressure. It's just so menacing and while it may not groove like the versions from this century, it's been a part of my life for almost 30 years along with the rest of that recording. I think they really nailed it at that moment.

To be honest, I never thought that Witch Hunt, aside from the intro, was ominous or creepy. Maybe the two verses could be construed as creepy, but the pre-chorus to chorus transition is just freakin....ORGASMIC.

To be honest, I never thought that Witch Hunt, aside from the intro, was ominous or creepy. Maybe the two verses could be construed as creepy, but the pre-chorus to chorus transition is just freakin....ORGASMIC.

Orgasmic applies too....