Win a copy of the SACD version of Presto

Jag2112

Win a copy???

I'd be surprised if they could give it away!

:LOL:!!

:cheerleader: :)

With this remastering on SACD, I can't wait to hear the newly-revealed even GREATER detail of pure suckage on this album in all its enhanced resolution...SACD will allow the listeners to hear ALL the available sh*t this album has to offer...literally and figuratively, pun intended!!!

:)

Huh, so this one is for anyone to enter. There is another contest just like this on a website I will not mention to keep my odds of winning higher, and you have to answer some trivia to be entered.

I like the CD its part of the Rush story. If you like it great but if you do not please do not be so mean. I don't like liver either but Im not mad at the Cow!!

I don't understand the negativity this album gets. Granted it took a while to "grow" on me but I never disliked it or hated it. It's a beautiful album with great soundscapes and lyrical imagery. Yes, the production is a little thin but it does sort of work with the material.
  • Like 1

I don't understand the negativity this album gets. Granted it took a while to "grow" on me but I never disliked it or hated it. It's a beautiful album with great soundscapes and lyrical imagery. Yes, the production is a little thin but it does sort of work with the material.

I think a lot of it is due to the production. It just sounds thin. Severe lack of bass and low mids.

• Like 1

I think a lot of it is due to the production. It just sounds thin. Severe lack of bass and low mids.

For me it's the production and the style of music.

We can spend all day agreeing and disagreeing over how wimpy Presto and Roll The Bones sound from the production (bless you Rupert Hiney), but in the end for me it's the style of music. Hold Your Fire, while also close to the bottom of my list, had some ballsy hard synth rock songs that harken back to Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows (Lock and Key, Force Ten) and a couple other gems (Turn The Page, Prime Mover, Mission), but Presto and Roll The Bones made the full move to pop rock, which I'm not into at all. Roll The Bones has Dreamline, which I'm thankful for, as that was a step in the right direction. Geddy himself once mentioned that Presto was more of a singer's album, which I guess isn't my taste, as I care more about the instruments than I ever have for vocals, and I've cared even less about lyrics.

When I say in other threads "Presto is shit" or other related drivel, this is not objectivity, but subjectivity. Take my opinions with a grain of salt :P

We can spend all day agreeing and disagreeing over how wimpy Presto and Roll The Bones sound from the production (bless you Rupert Hiney), but in the end for me it's the style of music. Hold Your Fire, while also close to the bottom of my list, had some ballsy hard synth rock songs that harken back to Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows (Lock and Key, Force Ten) and a couple other gems (Turn The Page, Prime Mover, Mission), but Presto and Roll The Bones made the full move to pop rock, which I'm not into at all. Roll The Bones has Dreamline, which I'm thankful for, as that was a step in the right direction. Geddy himself once mentioned that Presto was more of a singer's album, which I guess isn't my taste, as I care more about the instruments than I ever have for vocals, and I've cared even less about lyrics.

When I say in other threads "Presto is shit" or other related drivel, this is not objectivity, but subjectivity. Take my opinions with a grain of salt :P

This won't influence my listening to this later today at all...... :sarcastic:
  • Like 1

Well, I like about half of the songs on the album, and mainly due to hearing them in other forms on live albums or bootlegs. It desperately needs a remix (along with Roll The Bones, but it's not as bad) and would improve in MY eyes immensely with that alone.

Both are still better than the debut...

Huh?.... :moon: :o

Holy crap. You didn't even listen to them yet. No preconceived notions right?

To be fair I said I had no preconceived notions when I got AFTK-Power Windows hot off the presses. Obviously around here I have heard about these other albums over and over again so obviously I have some notions about them. I have heard some of the songs also..... :cool: