Xanadu -> Superconductor

Another one I highly recommend is Universe Divided from 1979, it's also on YouTube. Pretty much any GOOD song I can think of from the 70's, with no bad ones except In The Mood.

Forgot to mention, there's a Lerxst rant on AVFTP :D

I'm going to watch the whole thing tomorrow morning when it is cooler. The DVD player generates a lot of heat into an already hot area of the house. Boo hiss on summer.

I'm one of those people who is actually fine with Superconductor.

But...

Cutting off XANADU (probably my favorite Rush song, though see my signature) to play a decent-but-forgettable song like Superconductor is simply blasphemy.

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

But...

Cutting off XANADU (probably my favorite Rush song, though see my signature) to play a decent-but-forgettable song like Superconductor is simply blasphemy.

I like Superconductor, too. Honestly not sure why people hate it so much other than the fact that it's off of a really shitty album with a really shitty sound. But yeah. Don't put it with Xanadu. That's the equivalent of taking a shit in a nationally treasured vase.

Contrary to calling it "Stupidconductor" earlier, I actually think it's not a bad song (and I enjoy the music video for it), except for the horrid Rupert Hine backing vocals in the chorus. I just happened to call it "Stupidconductor" just to take my frustration out on the sheer notion that they thought it was a good idea for it to segue from Xanadu. Xanadu -> Tom Sawyer would've been more tolerable to bear IMO if I was even old enough to see them 20+ years ago.
  • Like 2

But...

I like Superconductor, too. Honestly not sure why people hate it so much other than the fact that it's off of a really shitty album with a really shitty sound. But yeah. Don't put it with Xanadu. That's the equivalent of taking a shit in a nationally treasured vase.

Presto is awesome! Want rubbish sound? See Vapor Trails.

Well I really enjoy Superconductor, and if Xanadu was a concert staple I would have accepted the transition, but at the frequency it is played no, but not a hard no. If Rush wanted to be a giant troll, they could start Xanadu next tour, and either after the loud part of the intro, or right before the final big ending, they jump into Superconductor. I would pay for a DVD of audience reaction to that.

But...

Actually it's the weakest song from a great album.

• Like 1