My banana is broken

My_Shrimp_Cot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
angry.gif My bananas look like crap

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 17 2007, 06:28 PM)
How many years before yah get a banana of that baby tree?

The darker one in the foreground might bear fruit next year if I take care of it for the winter. The others will never bear fruit but I like the leafs and they can stay outside under mulch in the garden. They even grow in Canada.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Jul 19 2007, 07:48 AM)
Thats cool.

Why wont the others not bear fruit?

Good question and I really don't know the answer. I am slowly learning more about bananas and other tropical plants.

The ones I have that i don't expect to make fruit are the toughest in terms of being cold hardy, they are called Musa Basjoo. I think most people let them grow and then freeze back to the roots in the fall. I have also read the plant needs to have 35 leaves to make bananas. I love the foilage but also hope to use the leaves to wrap meat and seasonings and either steam or grill them.

I have a few phases of banas on my fridge, the older ones are soft with flies, 062802puke_prv.gif

I AM bananas... common001.gif

Thats a pretty fun word to say, and it sounds funny too...

bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana

unsure.gif

I am bananas.

bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana....

Yes, we have no bananas.... common001.gif

I just bought some nice new bananas. Me and my kid love bananas. wub.gif

Archived