Judas Priest finish recording new album

adace1

"The wait is almost over!

Only a few more hours until we reveal a track from our new album!"

Bring it on! :haz:

And the picture got updated a bit too...

http://www.judaspriest.com/images/2014/Reveal/Reveal-web-6.jpg

"The wait is almost over!

Only a few more hours until we reveal a track from our new album!"

Bring it on! :haz:

And the picture got updated a bit too...

http://www.judaspriest.com/images/2014/Reveal/Reveal-web-6.jpg

I'm thinking this picture might be the artwork for this song they're talking about, like the single artwork?

It sounds a lot more "old-school" than I was expecting...but then I'm not as familiar yet with what "new-school" Priest is like. This doesn't sound too far removed from the albums I've got so far.

I thought the solo section was nice and tasty :guitar:

It sounds a lot more "old-school" than I was expecting...but then I'm not as familiar yet with what "new-school" Priest is like. This doesn't sound too far removed from the albums I've got so far.

I thought the solo section was nice and tasty :guitar:

Agreed. Sounds like it could have been on Painkiller or British Steel. Halford's voice is still in great shape. The last two albums really didn't impress me but it seems like they're getting back on track with this one. Can't wait!

I like it. The song has a Hell Patrol feel to it. If the rest of the album has the same vibe to it then this is gonna be a good one.

definitely has a Hell Patrol vibe. didn't completely blow my hair back but I like it.

I like it, it has a solid opening track type vibe, it's kind of a cross between Hell Patrol and Judas Rising.

I'm still not that keen on the artwork, it's nowhere near as good as the artwork for Epitaph which I thought was killer. Maybe it'll grow on me and if the albm is good then it won't matter.

This is interesting...

Heavy metal titans Judas Priest have announced their first album since 2008, and their 17th studio album in all. Redeemer of Souls will be released on Columbia in the UK and Epic in the US on 14 July.

Guitarist Glenn Tipton told fans not to expect wild experimentation. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being too adventurous musically – so we have listened," he said. "From start to finish, Redeemer of Souls is 18 songs of pure classic-Priest metal."

18 songs??? :o :haz:

This is interesting...

Heavy metal titans Judas Priest have announced their first album since 2008, and their 17th studio album in all. Redeemer of Souls will be released on Columbia in the UK and Epic in the US on 14 July.

Guitarist Glenn Tipton told fans not to expect wild experimentation. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being too adventurous musically – so we have listened," he said. "From start to finish, Redeemer of Souls is 18 songs of pure classic-Priest metal."

:guitar:

its not a double disc is it?

Edited by Rushman14

This is interesting...

To be honest I don't know, but with 18 songs if it's a single disc it must be close to the 80 minute CD limit. That song is 4 minutes so let's say that the average song length is 4 minutes, that would be 72 minutes. A 4 1/2 minute average would add 9 minutes and make it too long for a single disc.

This is interesting...

To be honest I don't know, but with 18 songs if it's a single disc it must be close to the 80 minute CD limit. That song is 4 minutes so let's say that the average song length is 4 minutes, that would be 72 minutes. A 4 1/2 minute average would add 9 minutes and make it too long for a single disc.

maybe there are some short little interludes.

This is interesting...

maybe there are some short little interludes.

Or there could be some shorter songs that are only like 2 and half minutes long like The Ripper and Breaking the Law.

I've found it here:

http://www.base.com/...CFScGwwodjzkA5w

Looks like the deluxe edition might be the one you need to get the full 18 songs, unless there's more!

I don't know. I was wondering if the extra disk with the deluxe edition might be a dvd with a "making of" feature, or something. That seems to be be something a few bands are doing these days.

18 songs? f**k's sake, let's hope they don't overdo it again like so many old bands do. just because the space is there on a compact disc doesn't mean you have to fill it up.

haven't heard the new song but if folks are saying it sounds like painkiller-era priest then it must be pretty good

18 songs? f**k's sake, let's hope they don't overdo it again like so many old bands do. just because the space is there on a compact disc doesn't mean you have to fill it up.

haven't heard the new song but if folks are saying it sounds like painkiller-era priest then it must be pretty good

Well they have been recording it on and off since 2011, if this were the 80's they'd have about 3 albums out in that time which would be about 27 songs, it's not like they started recording it in January.