Geddy's Greatest Lines

Disk98

Oh yeah.

Camera Eye - From a leaden sky......AY!

2112 - Presentation - The way he goes from the screaming priests to our young hero's clean and innocent voice. Very well done. Specifically the priests scream seamlessly into "I can't believe you're saying..."

Analog Kid - And the boy pulls down his baseball cap and covers up his eye... EYES!

• Like 1

Oh yeah.

2112 - Presentation - The way he goes from the screaming priests to our young hero's clean and innocent voice. Very well done. Specifically the priests scream seamlessly into "I can't believe you're saying..."

Analog Kid - And the boy pulls down his baseball cap and covers up his eye... EYES!

:D Get out of my brain! :cheers:

• Like 1

Oh yeah.

I get lonely in MY brain, though. Nothing going on in here... :huh:

Oh yeah.

It's just funny that you rolled out three of my very favourites here, with exactly the same sentiment for the same part of Presentation. I guess I don't really think I'm the only one who totally geeks out on these little vocal touches, but it's always cool to be reminded!

• Like 1

Oh yeah.

It's just funny that you rolled out three of my very favourites here, with exactly the same sentiment for the same part of Presentation. I guess I don't really think I'm the only one who totally geeks out on these little vocal touches, but it's always cool to be reminded!

I'll try one more.

Closer To The Heart - The "WOW! WOW!" right before "You can be the captain..."

• Like 1

Okay guys, try this one… from Cygnus X 1

Sound and fury drown my heart

Every nerve is torn apaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Oh yeah.

I'll try one more.

Closer To The Heart - The "WOW! WOW!" right before "You can be the captain..."

You knows it! :D

I think now I'm going to have to spend the day listening to Geddy sing. Starting with 2112! That entire vocal performance is loaded with wonderful nuances.

• Like 1

Ooooh!!

In the middle of Hemispheres, after "I feel a silent scream begin inside..." everything is slow, thunder is rumbling, silence... "THEN ALL AT ONCE THE CHAOS CEASED!..."

Love it!

• Like 4

Sing along everyone. Try to hit the notes!!!

Apollo was astonished,

Diabeetus thought me mad,

But they heard my story further and the wondered and were sad,

Looking down from Olympus on a world of doubt and fea-er

Its surface splintered into tiny hemispheres......

Apollo was astonished,

I thought it split into sorry Hemispheres... :huh:

Edited by KennyLee
  • Like 1

Apollo was astonished,

It's surface splintered into itty bitty hemispheres!
  • Like 2

Apollo was astonished,

"Diabeetus"?

Apollo was astonished,

Me too..... :huh:

"The wheel of fate, a game of chance!" (Carnies)

"Clockwork angels, the people raise their hands, as if to fly…" (Clockwork Angels)

"The pilot of Enola Gay, flying out of the shockwave, on that August day…" (Manhattan Project)

"For the words of the profits were written on the studio wall…concert hall!" (The Spirit of Radio)

"Each of us—a cell of awareness, imperfect and incomplete!" (Freewill)

"The pilot of Enola Gay, flying out of the shockwave, on that August day…" (Manhattan Project)

I never cared for that song before seeing it performed live (several times) this last tour. It's definitely better live, and that particular line has a lot of power.

I never cared for that song before seeing it performed live (several times) this last tour. It's definitely better live, and that particular line has a lot of power.

Doesn't it?! Yeah, I LOVE Manhattan Project, and I missed it this tour! They didn't play it in Newark, unfortunately. But from what I've seen on the live album, it certainly held its own live.

Doesn't it?! Yeah, I LOVE Manhattan Project, and I missed it this tour! They didn't play it in Newark, unfortunately. But from what I've seen on the live album, it certainly held its own live.

One thing this last tour has done for me is to make me listen to Power Windows. I never really cared for it before the tour, but the more I listened to it the more I liked it. Now its in my top 10, whereas before it would have been close to the bottom.

• Like 1

One thing this last tour has done for me is to make me listen to Power Windows. I never really cared for it before the tour, but the more I listened to it the more I liked it. Now its in my top 10, whereas before it would have been close to the bottom.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. (Although it hasn't cracked my Top 10, it has certainly risen from the bottom three.)

• Like 1

"Suddenly, ahead of me, across the mountainside, a gleaming alloy-air car shoots towards me two lanes wide." -Red

Barchetta

"To you is it movement or is it action? Is it contact or just reaction? Evolution, just resistance, is it living or just existence?" -The Enemy Within

"Reflected light to another's sight and the moon tells a lover's story. My borrowed face and my third-hand grace only reflects your glory." -Earthshine

Not really a Geddy line, but the most powerful lyric ever

Attention all planets of the solar federation

Attention all planets of the solar federation

We have assumed control

We have assumed control

My favourite lyric is

Children growing up old friends growing older.

or

Keep on looking forward...no use in looking 'round

Hold your head above the ground and they won't bring you down

Edited by andreww

The righteous rise... with burning eyes... of hatred and ill will.

Madmen fed on fear and lies... to beat and burn and kill. - Witch Hunt

The way his voice cracks just a bit in "kill" is great!

Also, "Woo there's no bread, lemony cake" - Oops, wrong thread. :blush:

From the R30 recording of Heart Full Of Soul, these lines are just beautiful:

"And I know that if she'd have me back again

That I would never make her sad

I've got a haaaaaaaaa-aaaaaart full of soul!"

The delicacy of his phrasing and that little ragged edge when his voice ranges makes it sound so forlorn and sincere. :heart:

• Like 1