treeduck

Mettenberger squashed by Jordan, coughs it up.

How does Mettenberger look?

Like a pancake. He's only in because Charlie Whitehurst got flattened by Vaccaro on a blitz and disappeared into the locker room.

Whitehurst? Locker? I know ONE of my "under" teams.

Locker was pretty good when he was in. Although the refs made him look better.

I don't know. I would put the chances of him playing well AND staying healthy at about zero.

It's amazing he didn't get carted off with Whitehurst just by seeing the Vaccaro hit...

Has there ever been a guy in league history that's hung around so long doing less than Charlie Whitehurst? Ever?

Wasn't he the starter for the Seahawks a few years ago?

Like a pancake. He's only in because Charlie Whitehurst got flattened by Vaccaro on a blitz and disappeared into the locker room.

I don't know. I would put the chances of him playing well AND staying healthy at about zero.

It's amazing he didn't get carted off with Whitehurst just by seeing the Vaccaro hit...

Has there ever been a guy in league history that's hung around so long doing less than Charlie Whitehurst? Ever?

I think he started one game (and maybe a certain playoff game that will remain nameless...)

http://www.nfl.com/player/charliewhitehurst/2495974/careerstats

Here's his stats. At the most, he's started 9 games in 8 years. He's averaged 20 passes per year with a QB rating under 65 and 3 total TD throws.

I think he started one game (and maybe a certain playoff game that will remain nameless...)

I thought I knew him from somewhere... :facepalm: :16ton:

Stanley Jean-Baptiste with the fumble recovery.

Mettenberger actually is looking pretty good other than a couple of miscues.

I'm not that surprised by that. I think he might be better than Locker if he keeps his mind straight.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste with the fumble recovery.

Mettenberger actually is looking pretty good other than a couple of miscues.

I'm not that surprised by that. I think he might be better than Locker if he keeps his mind straight.

Yeah he's been solid and it was a good break for him coming in so early. Looks like Charlie will be looking for a new clipboard to hold.

Bishop Sankey fumbles, another turnover forced by the SAINTS.

You'd think the Saints would treat a Bishop nicer than that...

Bishop Sankey fumbles, another turnover forced by the SAINTS.

You'd think the Saints would treat a Bishop nicer than that...

It was some unknown rookie the size of a house who walloped him and he ran off with the football. Maybe it was a fan in costume?

The Saints win but about 32 penalties for 294 yards, the pluses 5 turnovers.

32 penalties?!?! Goodell has done so much damage to the game. In ten years, I won't even recognize it.

Your favorite team's GM (the de facto one) will have beaten you by ten years, then. :)

Payton “very upset” with Graham’s pair of post-touchdown dunks

Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2014, 7:46 AM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/graham1.jpg?w=207

When the NFL outlawed the goalpost dunk, Saints tight end Jimmy Graham vowed to lead the league in penalties. While he’ll have competition from defensive backs throughout the league, Graham got off to a good start on Friday night.

Two touchdowns, two dunks, two flags for Graham. And one pissed off coach.

Payton said nothing to Graham after the first one. Payton apparently said something to Graham after the second. Payton definitely said something to the media afterward.

“Yes, I was [upset],” Payton told reporters, via Nick Underhill of the Baton Rouge Advocate. “I’m very upset. Would you be upset? I was, particularly.”

In all, the Saints had 22 penalties. But the most avoidable came from Graham, who simply needs to not continue to do that which became illegal after he knocked a goalpost askew in Atlanta during a regular-season game in 2013.

Even if Graham’s defiance of the rules and his coach ends now, it’ll likely be costly. Under the 2014 fine schedule, a first offense unsportsmanlike conduct foul costs $11,025. A second offense costs $22,050. If the league decides to send a message to Graham, he could be donating $33,075 to the various charities that receive the fine money collected throughout the season.

Ongoing defiance would get more costly. But it’s likely that Graham won’t have to worry about testing the NFL’s limits; Graham already has exceeded his coach’s.

When the NFL outlawed the goalpost dunk, Saints tight end Jimmy Graham vowed to lead the league in penalties. While he’ll have competition from defensive backs throughout the league, Graham got off to a good start on Friday night.

Payton said nothing to Graham after the first one. Payton apparently said something to Graham after the second. Payton definitely said something to the media afterward.

“Yes, I was [upset],” Payton told reporters, via Nick Underhill of the Baton Rouge Advocate. “I’m very upset. Would you be upset? I was, particularly.”

In all, the Saints had 22 penalties. But the most avoidable came from Graham, who simply needs to not continue to do that which became illegal after he knocked a goalpost askew in Atlanta during a regular-season game in 2013.

Even if Graham’s defiance of the rules and his coach ends now, it’ll likely be costly. Under the 2014 fine schedule, a first offense unsportsmanlike conduct foul costs $11,025. A second offense costs $22,050. If the league decides to send a message to Graham, he could be donating $33,075 to the various charities that receive the fine money collected throughout the season.

Ongoing defiance would get more costly. But it’s likely that Graham won’t have to worry about testing the NFL’s limits; Graham already has exceeded his coach’s.

a) I see your game was as unwatchable as the Eagle-Cheatriot game on the NFLN. 22 penalties? How many were hands to the face or illegal contact?

b ) Graham won't do it in the regular season, I'm sure. But the exhibition games are such jokes no one should care.

a) I see your game was as unwatchable as the Eagle-Cheatriot game on the NFLN. 22 penalties? How many were hands to the face or illegal contact?

b ) Graham won't do it in the regular season, I'm sure. But the exhibition games are such jokes no one should care.

Quite a few, there were holding penalties, playing the man and not the ball penalties, pass interference, neutral zone infractions, pretty much everything they could think of.

Quite a few, there were holding penalties, playing the man and not the ball penalties, pass interference, neutral zone infractions, pretty much everything they could think of.

In the Patriot-Eagle game, the announcers were openly and almost continuously mocking the officials. As they should have.

In the Patriot-Eagle game, the announcers were openly and almost continuously mocking the officials. As they should have.

I saw the beginning of that game, long enough to see Brady picked off on the opening drive.

I saw the beginning of that game, long enough to see Brady picked off on the opening drive.

:)

In the Patriot-Eagle game, the announcers were openly and almost continuously talking exclusively about the Cheatriots.

Edited for accuracy :LOL:

• Like 1