Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Congrats to Jordan Spieth. Watching the tournament over the weekend has got me excited for 2015. :dweez:

I found it funny that NBC kept showing Lindsay Vonn doing well (first place and 2nd place in 2 races in Alberta) during the weekend coverage.. We'll see how Woods does at Torrey Pines early February.

Thats the first tourney he is playing in?.... :facepalm:

I'm uncertain when the first 2015 tourney is that he'll be playing in.... I merely mentioned Torrey Pines because in the past, he's won it a few times... so I'm curious how he'll do the next time he plays it....

Congrats to Jordan Spieth. Watching the tournament over the weekend has got me excited for 2015. :dweez:

I found it funny that NBC kept showing Lindsay Vonn doing well (first place and 2nd place in 2 races in Alberta) during the weekend coverage.. We'll see how Woods does at Torrey Pines early February.

I'm uncertain when the first 2015 tourney is that he'll be playing in.... I merely mentioned Torrey Pines because in the past, he's won it a few times... so I'm curious how he'll do the next time he plays it....

Understood. It wouldn't surprise me if its his first however. The dude needs to play more this year simple as that. If he is healthy which he apparently is, he has alot of making up to do....

Edit: If his past history holds true it will be Torrey that will be his first. I think he usually plays overseas at least once first if I am not mistaken...

Edited by Narpski

The last thing we need is for Tiger to play more, and make the telecasts unwatchable.

The stat lover that you are knows that to be false and I mean way false....

The last thing we need is for Tiger to play more, and make the telecasts unwatchable.

Ok change we to I.

The casual fan (who ruins every sport) may orgasm when Tiger plays but he and his act are tiresome, IMO.

Ok change we to I.

The casual fan (who ruins every sport) may orgasm when Tiger plays but he and his act are tiresome, IMO.

It's turning into the first round of American Idol with Tiger. People that hate him LOVE to see him play like shit, so they show as many of those shots as possible to make us happy... plus it keeps the ones that love him happy just by putting him on the screen.

• Like 1

Ok change we to I.

It's turning into the first round of American Idol with Tiger. People that hate him LOVE to see him play like shit, so they show as many of those shots as possible to make us happy... plus it keeps the ones that love him happy just by putting him on the screen.

Awesome idn't it?...

Get well wishes go to Justine Reed, wife of Patrick... I miss seeing her caddy.

http://www.golfchann...-after-seizure/

Agreed but what is with their childs name? Windsor Wells?.... :huh:

Not many people nowadays give normal names... :sigh: I tried to find a reason for this name... all i could find is:

http://babynamesinth...-windsor-wells/

Not many people nowadays give normal names... :sigh: I tried to find a reason for this name... all i could find is:

Bruce Lansky is in dire need of an editor.

• Like 1

They misspelled Hunter Mahan's name left and right....
  • Like 1

And "American Idle" (unless he was talking about the core constituency of the Democratic Party), and this gem:

"Windsor is a rather formal and formidable name for a baby girl (under the age of 75) to carry". How many baby girls are over the age of 75, anyway?

• Like 2

And "American Idle" (unless he was talking about the core constituency of the Democratic Party), and this gem:

"Windsor is a rather formal and formidable name for a baby girl (under the age of 75) to carry". How many baby girls are over the age of 75, anyway?

:laughing guy: Does he freelance for RS?....
  • Like 2

:laughing guy: Does he freelance for RS?....

:)

Understood. It wouldn't surprise me if its his first however. The dude needs to play more this year simple as that. If he is healthy which he apparently is, he has alot of making up to do....

Edit: If his past history holds true it will be Torrey that will be his first. I think he usually plays overseas at least once first if I am not mistaken...

He plays Dubai, which is mid-January. His body can't take too many tournaments...it barely handles the ones he plays.

He plays Dubai, which is mid-January. His body can't take too many tournaments...it barely handles the ones he plays.

I read yesterday that he wasn't playing over there. They won't pay him appearance fees anymore. Even with all that has gone on that still shocks me some. He still moves the needle pretty firmly to the right (up)....

I read yesterday that he wasn't playing over there. They won't pay him appearance fees anymore. Even with all that has gone on that still shocks me some. He still moves the needle pretty firmly to the right (up)....

Maybe it's not worth it to them? Not a good sign for Tiger... but I'm liking it.

• Like 1

Maybe it's not worth it to them? Not a good sign for Tiger... but I'm liking it.

Hey if they don't want more eyeballs on the tv, more patrons in the crowd and more money for their sponsors its all good...

Hey if they don't want more eyeballs on the tv, more patrons in the crowd and more money for their sponsors its all good...

Maybe their principles mean more to them than money? Or maybe their advertising deal was set and the extra viewers didn't matter. Or maybe the extra viewers they might have gotten wouldn't offset the appearance fee Tiger was requesting. Many other variables at play here.
  • Like 1

Maybe their principles mean more to them than money? Or maybe their advertising deal was set and the extra viewers didn't matter. Or maybe the extra viewers they might have gotten wouldn't offset the appearance fee Tiger was requesting. Many other variables at play here.

True. Pretty sure priciples have nothing to do with it. They have been paying him 3-4 million per event every year til now. Long after the "scandal". Everything always seems to be sadly about money and I don't just mean this sitution...
  • Like 1

True. Pretty sure priciples have nothing to do with it. They have been paying him 3-4 million per event every year til now. Long after the "scandal". Everything always seems to be sadly about money and I don't just mean this sitution...

All goes back to the "hot / crazy" scale... in a way. How much attractiveness is needed to offset the crazy? In This case, Tiger's increase in ratings is the attractiveness.... maybe he's falling into the red zone :LOL:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326183345/himym/images/1/1e/Hot-crazy_scale.png

All goes back to the "hot / crazy" scale... in a way. How much attractiveness is needed to offset the crazy? In This case, Tiger's increase in ratings is the attractiveness.... maybe he's falling into the red zone :LOL:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120326183345/himym/images/1/1e/Hot-crazy_scale.png

:D

Tiger doesn't seem to be able to compete at this point. With his broken body, maybe a fee is too big a risk...meaning that there's a probability that he wouldn't be playing on Saturday/Sunday.

• Like 2

Speaking of Tiger and his decline, here's a triivia question. Since Tiger's fall from grace - the wife attack & car crash turned sex scandal - what player has won the most PGA tournaments?

Speaking of Tiger and his decline, here's a triivia question. Since Tiger's fall from grace - the wife attack & car crash turned sex scandal - what player has won the most PGA tournaments?

Tiger I would bet. No Google needed....
  • Like 1