Does Neil have the stamina to play an ATWAS set with precision?

GeminiRising79

Unbelievable. Seriously? Unbelievable. Huh? What's the point? Really?

shorter set, easier tunes, of course he has the stamina. but you knew/know that

I honestly think he couldnt handle it. He played fiercly back then

There ya go...

• Like 2

You mean like how he played on the CA tour?

Didnt see them for this tour, but I would go out on a limb and say that he surely didn't carry the vigor that he had in '76

Edited by GeminiRising79

Didnt see them for this tour, but I would go out on a limb and say that he surely didn't carry the vigor that he had in '76

He plays better now, certainly more efficiently. He could play ATWAS easily, but he would look much differently doing it. He'd probably also feel a bit silly over-playing Working Man the way he did back then.
  • Like 2

Here's a question: Does GeminiRising79' have anything left in his tank? This thread reeks of amateurism.

Easy now. Your talking about an official solar federalist there. :tsk:
  • Like 3

He plays better now, certainly more efficiently. He could play ATWAS easily, but he would look much differently doing it. He'd probably also feel a bit silly over-playing Working Man the way he did back then.

Agree on the efficiency. ..thank Freddy for a big part of it.
  • Like 2

Here's a question: Does GeminiRising79' have anything left in his tank? This thread reeks of amateurism.

Easy now. Your talking about an official solar federalist there. :tsk:

Kurt can handle me, we're like bro's
  • Like 2

He took a step backward with this move, imo.

Who died and made you Buddy Rich?
  • Like 1

No-one. But I know enough to say that that candy-ass form of playing has no business being associated with Neil Peart and Rush.

Edited by GeminiRising79

No-one. But I know enough to say that candy-ass form of playing has no businrss being associated with Neil Peart and Rush.

It's not candy ass...it's Rush at their ass kicking best. Clockwork Angels is their heaviest album evah!
  • Like 2

I am no musician or drumming expert for sure. Having said that, he did hit the sh*t out of those drums on All The World's A Stage. Even being the admitted novice that I am, it has always amazed how any human can do that for 2 plus hours. I'll leave the technique and skill/stamina debate to those who certainly know more than I....... :scared: Ouch. There's a pointed fence post stuck up somewhere it doesn't belong..... :o Edited by Narpet
  • Like 3

Why would he want to? I mean, he's a different drummer now. He doesn't feel the need to play with that constant 'Look at me!" vigor.

he's learned dynamics.

I am no musician or drumming expert for sure. Having said that, he did hit the sh*t out of those drums on All The World's A Stage. Even being the admitted novice that I am, it has always amazed how any human can do that for 2 plus hours. I'll leave the technique and skill/stamina debate to those who certainly know more than I....... :scared: Ouch. There's a pointed fence post stuck up somewhere it doesn't belong..... :o

Is that a cat or a bat in your avatar?

• Like 1

I am no musician or drumming expert for sure. Having said that, he did hit the sh*t out of those drums on All The World's A Stage. Even being the admitted novice that I am, it has always amazed how any human can do that for 2 plus hours. I'll leave the technique and skill/stamina debate to those who certainly know more than I....... :scared: Ouch. There's a pointed fence post stuck up somewhere it doesn't belong..... :o

Is that a cat or a bat in your avatar?

One of my 3 to many cats...... :)