My departure from Rush

Freeze-Frame

But seriously though, you're acting like a bit of a dick. I know I am being one too by trying to insult you, but I feel you're being a bit too condescending to Freeze-Frame. Like you're this intellectually superior warrior.

so then i guess it takes one to know one huh

"TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE HUHUEHUEHUEHUE"

My, what a mature sounding post. Are you even trying or do you want to sound like an 11 year old boy at recess?

Your opinion on this matter has been

[ ] Validated

[X] discarded

But no that was bad.

Seriously, improve your arguing skills or go back to r/atheism.

I know you are but what am I?

At least I dont shape my world view on a 2000 year old myth

I'm not religious. In fact I've been an atheist my entire life. However I don't hold what I believe over others like you. You come off sounding like an arrogant prick who has nothing better to do than bash religion on a band's message board. If you care about the opinions and beliefs of virtual strangers so much maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror, bub because what you're doing is pathetic. If I were a mod you'd be banned for shit posting and religious intolerance.

And I'm on your side of the religion vs atheism debate. Imagine what those who aren't think about you and your existence.

• Like 1

I'm just going to stop talking now. I think I pissed off everybody on TRF now. One thing people should know about me is that i can easily piss people off. Most of the time it's because of my personal beliefs. I hate that about me.

And laughedatbytime, it's funny how you changed your profile picture. That was one insane play by Auburn. It's good to know that we (Michigan Wolverine fans) aren't going to be the most shameful people today after our game with OSU.

How about I cheer y'all up with a funny bass joke

"The whole music industry went to crap since the walking bass decided to trip and fall"

you didnt piss me off, I just think your kinda lame. But either you'll grow out of it or you will prob get worse about it. Saying you easily piss people off mostly because of your personal beliefs leads me to believe you are probably rather vocal about it. Maybe even looking for reasons to proclaim them publicly. That comes with the expectation of response from people, some good some bad. Hating that about yourself is a common phenomenon in religious culture, self loathing. Wanting what your told not to do. It often leads to a life of cyclical deviant behavior and personal shame. With any luck you'll most likely wind up just passive aggressively oppressing or suppressing yourself and people around you by using your religious views to justify not treating all people equally, and voting against beneficial things for society at large like womens reproductive rights, stem cell research, marriage equality, and proper science education. Hopefully it doesn't lead to violence, like the Catholic clergy problems or serial killing.

That type of talk will surely make me become a much worse person. That's pretty insulting.

Please shut up and get out. You're just another assh*le that still clings to stereotypes about religious people even though they aren't true. And just so you know...

* I do not passive aggressively oppress or suppress myself and people around me

* I support equality among all humans

* I don't support abortions or stem-cell research, but it's not my decision

* I support gay marriage

* I support science education

* I definitely to the highest degree do not support violence or serial killing

* I barely use religion to support myself

I don't know where you are getting this from, but please, you're making things worse.

I thought you werent going to post anymore?

And if my posts make you a worse person than you are even more impresionable than I thought. but maybe you were using sarcasm. And yes my post was extreme, because the premise of this thread is laughable. SO I didnt see any reason to not be extreme in my response to it. And as far as projection, sure Ill cop to that. I'm just generalizing it by what I see and hear almost every day somewhere. But lets be honest here, we talking with someone who woudnt listen to an instrumental cause it offended him. And then clarified by saying he was offended by the video, the band didnt make, that used a backdrop of Darwins, origin of the species. Leading me to believe the OP rejects and is offended by like over 150 years of scientific evidence that supports that theory. Calling into question their support of science in general.

and sorry to say, there are plenty of examples of how those "stereo types" as very real.

So what? That does not give you the right to be a total dickhead.

And let me clarify, I thought that the video was made by the band themself, so I stopped listen to it. Then the people on this thread informed me that it wasn't made by the band, so I now listen to it again. But who cares if I don't? Why should you be "extreme" just because of that? And no, I don't believe in evolution. Still, that shouldn't give you the green light to be an asshole to me.

But seriously though, you're acting like a bit of a dick. I know I am being one too by trying to insult you, but I feel you're being a bit too condescending to Freeze-Frame. Like you're this intellectually superior warrior.

so then i guess it takes one to know one huh

"TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE HUHUEHUEHUEHUE"

My, what a mature sounding post. Are you even trying or do you want to sound like an 11 year old boy at recess?

Your opinion on this matter has been

[ ] Validated

[X] discarded

But no that was bad.

Seriously, improve your arguing skills or go back to r/atheism.

I know you are but what am I?

At least I dont shape my world view on a 2000 year old myth

You're American, you don't have a world view.

Spoken like a true Brit takin' the piss. Sorry big guy but not all of us Yanks fall for those reindeer games.

Nice one though. And good luck fishing for the sensitive ones.

:blaze:

I couldn't care less about nationalism. So I really don't care about this one. :laughing guy:

Edited by Freeze-Frame

I don't believe in fairytales, sorry to hear you do and please stop listening to RUSH. Maybe Creed or Stryper ...

:rush:

I don't believe in fairy tails either. I don't know why you thought that I did, but whatever.

(If you're confused, I'm stating that my religion isn't full of fairy tails like you think it is)

• Like 2

Wait - ten f***ing pages and no one's mentioned the "Christ, what have you done?" line in 'The Pass'?

Or did I miss that in all the discussion about Judeo-Christian hegemony

Zzzzz

That's a figure of speech not a religious statement

That's up to interpretation. Is "Christ" an epithet? Or is Neil rhetorically asking (and thus challenging or accusing) Christ why He made matrydom such an enticement?

Pretty obviously the first.

:no: Pretty obvious it's both, as Neil is always about the double entendre.
  • Like 1

However I don't hold what I believe over others like you.

Actually, you are holding your belief that it's wrong to criticize the beliefs of others over him, thereby criticizing his belief that criticizing the beliefs of others is acceptable.

EDIT: How about this? If you post it in public, it's fair game. If you have something you think shouldn't be fair game, don't post it.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze