TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

How long will this nightmare continue?

Don't ask, but with Mother Rosalia and her seven swords praying for us, who cares?

I'm on my way to get my pic taken for my passport. Gotta pack and am on my way to Canada. Big doings and happenings up there. I'll swing by the Orbit Room first to see if I can engage Big Al in our Free The Goobs campaign. Perhaps he will make a substantial monetary contribution to the Gooby Fund. I'll tell him he'll get a tax break if he contributes.

I think Anthem Entertainment is putting us up in cush digs—it'll make Thistle Dew seem like a distant memory. Substance will like that so much

Groovy! I hope the cush digs are bed bug and rat free. And I hope Anthem throws in a complete Rush CD/DVD set to help us while away the hours there in case we run into some snags up in Canada.

My passport pic turned out well. A vast improvement over the mugshot from my booking yesterday.

The least I can do is make sure Substance feels the love...he's had it rough. I think he'll like Anthem tower

Canada? No trial in Santa Barbara? This is a sudden turn of events.

Lorraine, don't get your hopes up about Anthem Towers. If Ray Danniels is footing the bill, we'll probably end up at Les Stroud's Budget Motor Inn.

I have some loose ends to tie up at the Thistle Dew. Don't let the Grinder's GV leave Santa Barbara Municipal without me.

• Like 2

Then provide a nice terry bathrobe for him. He'll like that. Maybe you can make certain they take time to engrave a big "S" on the back. Or something like that.

He kept joking about something called a "man-kini", and how Goobs made then fashionable for dwarfs...think he wants one?
  • Like 2

How long will this nightmare continue?

Don't ask, but with Mother Rosalia and her seven swords praying for us, who cares?

I'm on my way to get my pic taken for my passport. Gotta pack and am on my way to Canada. Big doings and happenings up there. I'll swing by the Orbit Room first to see if I can engage Big Al in our Free The Goobs campaign. Perhaps he will make a substantial monetary contribution to the Gooby Fund. I'll tell him he'll get a tax break if he contributes.

I think Anthem Entertainment is putting us up in cush digs—it'll make Thistle Dew seem like a distant memory. Substance will like that so much

Groovy! I hope the cush digs are bed bug and rat free. And I hope Anthem throws in a complete Rush CD/DVD set to help us while away the hours there in case we run into some snags up in Canada.

My passport pic turned out well. A vast improvement over the mugshot from my booking yesterday.

The least I can do is make sure Substance feels the love...he's had it rough. I think he'll like Anthem tower

Canada? No trial in Santa Barbara? This is a sudden turn of events.

Lorraine, don't get your hopes up about Anthem Towers. If Ray Danniels is footing the bill, we'll probably end up at Les Stroud's Budget Motor Inn.

I have some loose ends to tie up at the Thistle Dew. Don't let the Grinder's GV leave Santa Barbara Municipal without me.

Well bud we're flying there together. Should be a blast.
  • Like 2

Day 15

Adieu to the Dew

Our travails at the Thistle Dew, as well as the Santa Barbara segment of Goober's story, came to an abrupt and decidedly anticlimactic end today. This morning it was announced that all charges against Goober were being dropped in California,and that he was being extradited to Canada.

Lured by the promise of "cushy digs" in Toronto, Lorraine left in such haste that she forgot her Michael Jackson action doll. She also took the rental car and left me here by myself. I guess I'll have to ask Kato for a ride to the airport.

One final note about our proprietor, Norman. This afternoon as I was preparing to leave this fine establishment, a frantic couple burst into the lobby. They said that their names were Sam and Lila, and they asked me if I'd seen a woman named Marion. When I told Norman about this, he suddenly became very agitated, and didn't seem to mind at all when I told him I would be leaving. Strange man.

I'd better get to the airport before Lorraine tells the pilot to leave without me. I have no idea where we'll be staying in Toronto, or even what our role will be once we're there.

What will I write aboot?

• Like 4

This thread has done what no other TRFer or thread has before: Shut rushgoober up.

I can't believe it.

It hasn't shut him up. His absence is due to his recent epiphany. He didn't want to be a toy maker. He wanted to be a dentist.

Wait, this plot sounds familiar. Was Goobs an original from the "Island of Misfit Toys?

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/350x700px-LL-0cb0bba8_sleepy-goodnight-smiley-emoticon.gif

You'll have to excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I just woke up and I'm still a little groggy.

I woke up in a cold sweat, and turned to my wife and said:

"I just had the weirdest dream. I was at a motel in California called the Thistle Dew, and there was this creepy guy named Norman. . . "

Edited by substancewithoutstyle
  • Like 4

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/350x700px-LL-0cb0bba8_sleepy-goodnight-smiley-emoticon.gif

You'll have to excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I just woke up and I'm still a little groggy.

"I just had the weirdest dream. I was at a motel in California called the Thistle Dew, and there was this creepy guy named Norman. . . "

Did you "fjord" in the dream?
  • Like 2

:scared:

• Like 2

I got a hotel recommendation for Canada - the Huguenot Inn - says it has French old world ambiance - whatever that means. :eyeroll: Almost afraid to find out. We could be paying to stay in a place that has no running water and an out house in the rear.
  • Like 2

Don't forget the mints too. He enjoys them.

please tell us, what's "fjording"?

I have no idea. The less I know about Norwegians, the better off and happier I will be. Like I said - strange folks.

oh that's right. You were out of your wits at the time. No harm no fowl!
  • Like 1

Day 15

Adieu to the Dew

Our travails at the Thistle Dew, as well as the Santa Barbara segment of Goober's story, came to an abrupt and decidedly anticlimactic end today. This morning it was announced that all charges against Goober were being dropped in California,and that he was being extradited to Canada.

Lured by the promise of "cushy digs" in Toronto, Lorraine left in such haste that she forgot her Michael Jackson action doll. She also took the rental car and left me here by myself. I guess I'll have to ask Kato for a ride to the airport.

One final note about our proprietor, Norman. This afternoon as I was preparing to leave this fine establishment, a frantic couple burst into the lobby. They said that their names were Sam and Lila, and they asked me if I'd seen a woman named Marion. When I told Norman about this, he suddenly became very agitated, and didn't seem to mind at all when I told him I would be leaving. Strange man.

I'd better get to the airport before Lorraine tells the pilot to leave without me. I have no idea where we'll be staying in Toronto, or even what our role will be once we're there.

What will I write aboot?

:LOL:

• Like 2

Wait a minute! It says here on the brochure:

Every room at the Huguenot Inn comes equipped with a wash basin and pitcher to fetch water. Let the Huguenot Inn takes you back centuries and explore how our ancestors lived!

I guess that answers the question.

No hot tub.

• Like 2