Whose the biggest badass in Rush? Who'd you want in your corner?

Tombstone Mountain

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya gonna call?

• It's Neil—Size matters
    • It's Geddy—His nose is a secret weapon and can curse in Yiddish
    • It's Alex—His training as a plumber can come in real handy

dang, I'd say.....Alex. He seems like he could throw a punch or two if need be lol.

But Geddy can cheer him on so I can watch his butt bounce around on the sidelines. *sigh* Oh Geddy. Your tush is fantastic.

Lifeson got beat up by a female Police Officer at that hotel in Florida. He ain't being on my team, the big Jesse.

Oh, so you don't want on your team someone who has the brains not to add to his woes by beating up a police officer when he's completely innocent of wrongdoing? Hmm.

This is a joke thread about which member of Rush would be good in a fight. Nothing anyone might post could be more ridiculous than the initial premise.

:LOL: :cheers:

• Like 1

I was thinking too that Neil would have the most powerful arms of the three of them considering what he does for a living.

I was thinking this too. He's got to have massive upper body strength.

Hate to burst your bubble, but he doesn't.

Did he hug you?

• Like 1

I was thinking too that Neil would have the most powerful arms of the three of them considering what he does for a living.

Did he hug you?

Well played. :clap:

Did he hug you?

No doubt he has good stamina, but little in the way of exerting significant forces. Portly Alex is certainly the strongest of them all, despite his effeminate speech/demeanor.

Edited by GeminiRising79

Pretty sure I read something recently where Alex touched on this. He said something along the lines that he's a pretty strong guy but not as strong as Neil. I choose lerxst by the way. He'd crack them up and then crack them one while they were laughing.......
  • Like 1

No doubt he has good stamina, but little in the way of exerting significant forces.

If I gave him a cricket bat, I'll bet he could smack you in the head quite hard with it. :D

Portly Alex is certainly the strongest of them all, despite his effeminate speech/demeanor.

Effeminate? He does come across as a gentle person, but effeminate is not a word I'd have chosen. I think all three of them have pacifistic tendencies, judging by interviews and the song lyrics. So they probably aren't 'big badasses', and I'm guessing they'd walk away from fights, if at all possible. Unless you threatened their families, or something.

• Like 2

It would be wonderful to get a great big bear hug from him. I'd love it! :) :Neil: :yes:

Oh my...yes it would be great to get a hug from him!

:blush:

• Like 2

No doubt he has good stamina, but little in the way of exerting significant forces.

If I gave him a cricket bat, I'll bet he could smack you in the head quite hard with it. :D

Portly Alex is certainly the strongest of them all, despite his effeminate speech/demeanor.

Effeminate? He does come across as a gentle person, but effeminate is not a word I'd have chosen. I think all three of them have pacifistic tendencies, judging by interviews and the song lyrics. So they probably aren't 'big badasses', and I'm guessing they'd walk away from fights, if at all possible. Unless you threatened their families, or something.

You're feeding that pesky effeminate troll. :gumby:

Geddy looks in fine shape but I heard on some documentary that he grew up running scared from people all the time..

Neil's a biker who hits things for a living, but he also wrote a series of songs about fear, "sometimes I Freeeeze.."

"Um Neil? a little help here please??" ..ya.

Alex? Apparently able to hold his own for a little while against female cops.. good enough for me :)

Outstanding entry my friend...logic prevails in this one!!! :D-13:
  • Like 1

How do you know? Have you engaged him in a physical way? Wait—don't answer that question. Edited by Tombstone Mountain

How do you know? Have you engaged him in a physical way? Wait—don't answer that question.

Educated estimation.

• Like 1

How do you know? Have you engaged him in a physical way? Wait—don't answer that question.

Educated estimation.

Oh ok, I kinda thought it might be that you felt his "corinthian" leather
  • Like 1

I don't know Bluefunk, one of the R&R HOF interviews I saw had me wondering a little. Effeminate kind of fit. I'd never really noticed that before.

That doesn't mean anything. Liberace was a badass at times. Check out "Beyond the Candelabra"...dude was a mean mofo
  • Like 2

Geddy looks in fine shape but I heard on some documentary that he grew up running scared from people all the time..

Neil's a biker who hits things for a living, but he also wrote a series of songs about fear, "sometimes I Freeeeze.."

"Um Neil? a little help here please??" ..ya.

Alex? Apparently able to hold his own for a little while against female cops.. good enough for me :)

Outstanding entry my friend...logic prevails in this one!!! :D-13:

:cheers:

I don't know Bluefunk, one of the R&R HOF interviews I saw had me wondering a little. Effeminate kind of fit. I'd never really noticed that before.

He's been getting a little more effeminate as he's gotten older... I noticed that a few years ago... It's mostly apparent through his manner of speaking. It's kinda funny because Geddy is the one who was the most effeminate when they were young... And look at Neil with his "manly pal"... All three of them have their "tendencies"... I DO NOT in any way mean that in a derogatory way... EVERY human being has a mix of each gender in his genes.... This ever complicated "potion" is what makes each of us unique.... The age old question of "Why do men have nipples" is a simple one... To make a long and complicated story short, each "human being template" is by default female, the amount of hormones you receive will decide if you "remain" female, or transform to male.. so EVERYONE has a mix of both.. Even the "most prettiest" and feminine woman will have a "manly" side at times... Such is nature.... Alex, being of Yugoslavian descent speaks EXACTLY the same way as a Ukrainian neighbour of mine... Sometimes when I chat with him and close my eyes I could almost think it's Alex speaking (And I've met Alex several times)... End of "Science class"!! :codger: :cheers:

Edited by Supersyl
  • Like 1

It's kinda funny because Geddy is the one who was the most effeminate when they were young...

What makes you say that?

Well, back in the early/mid seventies, just look at the way he moved on stage, and the way he dressed, the VOICE, and look at him NOW!... People change... You pick up manners from people you hang out with... Maybe Alex picked up his wife's mimics, or his Mom's... I repeat myself, there is NOTHING wrong with any of it!! Just casual observations... Back when I was a kid, starting to like Rush, in the french magazines, they would call Geddy "Le Castrat", the "Castrated One"... Even now and then I will see that and it makes me wan to tear my hair out.... I'm not one to judge such things, and however "effeminate" they all would have been as kids in the schoolyard, I certainly would not have been participating in any form of bullying... I'd be defending them with all my heart... Same now....

• Like 1

It's kinda funny because Geddy is the one who was the most effeminate when they were young...

What makes you say that?

Well, back in the early/mid seventies, just look at the way he moved on stage, and the way he dressed, the VOICE, and look at him NOW!... People change... You pick up manners from people you hang out with... Maybe Alex picked up his wife's mimics, or his Mom's... I repeat myself, there is NOTHING wrong with any of it!! Just casual observations... Back when I was a kid, starting to like Rush, in the french magazines, they would call Geddy "Le Castrat", the "Castrated One"... Even now and then I will see that and it makes me wan to tear my hair out.... I'm not one to judge such things, and however "effeminate" they all would have been as kids in the schoolyard, I certainly would not have been participating in any form of bullying... I'd be defending them with all my heart... Same now....

I just want to clarify that I was asking because I was curious as to why you thought that. I confess to only seeing him in pictures from that time period. I have never watched him in action or heard him speak in the seventies to be able to make that determination myself. That's why I asked you.

Thank you for your honest answer. :)

• Like 1

That doesn't mean anything. Liberace was a badass at times. Check out "Beyond the Candelabra"...dude was a mean mofo

Yeah, I heard he could be a real Pit-Chihuahua.

• Like 1

Neil.

You've got to be in pretty good shape with some solid cardio to play drums like he does on tour. That endurance can help you out in a fight. Plus, his drumming skills probably help make his reaction time better. I'm also guessing all the years of hitting the drums as hard as he does might help his fists to pack a pretty mean wallop :smash:

took the words right outta my mouth :P