UK Folks! "Apocalyptic" weather heading your way!

Jack Aubrey

Just heard about this!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/438151/Apocalyptic-weather-to-batter-UK-expect-relentless-rainstorms-and-terrifying-winds

Please check in here and let us know you're okay! If you need any advice on preparing for heavy weather I can definitely help, either sound off in this thread or send me a PM.

We'll be praying for you folks!

Ah, it's from The Express. Vile, horrible paper. Bought mainly by old people, so it's headlines are mainly about cancer cures, Alzheimer's cures, Princess Diana, the "evils" of immigration, the weather and any other irrational fear you can think of. And, of course, it's a mouthpiece for the Tory party.

It looks like heavy showers. Hardly the apocalypse.

This paper & The Mail are the pits.

Sorry y'all, I had no idea.
  • Like 1

I had no idea we were expecting such bad weather!

I mean, I don't think we've ever had good weather so I'm not sure what the word "bad" would imply.

Saying that, one town was hit by a tornado. Its been in the papers today. Grim.

I had no idea we were expecting such bad weather!

I mean, I don't think we've ever had good weather so I'm not sure what the word "bad" would imply.

Saying that, one town was hit by a tornado. Its been in the papers today. Grim.

Do you remember the storm of 1987? It was described as 'The Great Storm' - never knew why. Michael Fish, the weatherman at the time, responded to this woman's concerns of a storm on the way, and he said (though I can't quote him exactly): "Don't worry, madam, there's no storm coming, nothing to worry about." Next thing, wallop!! Trees were felled, several lives were lost, some buildings were destroyed, electric power had failed, torrential winds of about 120 miles and hour and a lot of rain.