Combining Album

losingit2k

Here's the thing, combine two Post-Power Windows RUSH album to make a better one. Try to keep it to 10-12 songs. Place the songs in the order you prefer and rename the album. I'll place my head in the guillotine first.

Roll the Illusions

1. Dreamline

2. Chain Lightning

3. Presto

4. Bravado

5. Where's My Thing?

6. Show Don't Tell

7. Ghost of a Chance

8. The Pass

9. Roll the Bones

10. Neurotica

11. Superconductor

12. Available Light

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 3

1. Caravan

2. BU2B

3. Ceiling Unlimited

4. The Anarchist

5. Halo Effect

6. Ghost Rider

7. Seven Cities Of Gold

8. The Wreckers

9. Headlong Flight

10. Wish Them Well

11. The Garden

Call it, Most of Clockwork + 2

I tried, but post Power Windows mostly gives me a headache :huh:

Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Seeing as Power Windows is one of the worst Rush albums, can you combine that with another synth era album to make a good one?

Woah woah woah. What don't you like about Power Windows?

The entire second side. And The Big Money is one of their worst album openers. And Grand Designs is one of their worst second songs on an album. Tracks 3 and 4 rock, though.

Seeing as Power Windows is one of the worst Rush albums, can you combine that with another synth era album to make a good one?

LedRush Combine what ever you want as long as its not Lithium, fire and water!

To answer LedRush's question.......... No you can't.

Power Windows is one of Rush's Best (and my favorite, one of Geddy's too). I can understand some people don't like the synth and the polish, but otherwise this album flows amazingly, it has a great concept, Geddy is at his best on it, the music captures the essence of power they were going for, it just works really well. It is the only album I own that I can't bring myself to skip over any of it's tracks (when on a shorter car ride, or other situation).

The entire second side. And The Big Money is one of their worst album openers. And Grand Designs is one of their worst second songs on an album. Tracks 3 and 4 rock, though.

Oh you ticked off the wrong Rush-forum user. I just want to know why you think The Big Money is one of their worst album openers? That's my favorite song!

Oh you ticked off the wrong Rush-forum user. I just want to know why you think The Big Money is one of their worst album openers? That's my favorite song!

Led Poisoning? :wacko:

I actually created a CD combining PoW and HYF years ago. If I recall correctly

The Big Money

Time Stand Still

Manhattan Project

Marathon

Territories

Force Ten

Mission

Turn the Page

Grand Designs

Mystic Rhythms

Reminds me of A Show Of Hands, but I like your choices :yes:

To answer LedRush's question.......... No you can't.

Come on...there are enough good songs that you can put together 45 minutes of very good music no matter which 2 albums you combine.

• Like 1

Power Windows is one of Rush's Best (and my favorite, one of Geddy's too). I can understand some people don't like the synth and the polish, but otherwise this album flows amazingly, it has a great concept, Geddy is at his best on it, the music captures the essence of power they were going for, it just works really well. It is the only album I own that I can't bring myself to skip over any of it's tracks (when on a shorter car ride, or other situation).

Usually, Rush album openers are among the best and/or most popular songs on an album. Through the first 9 albums, each one is absolutely killer. Even from RTB through Clockwork Angels (with the possible exception of OLV on VT), that holds true. For GuP through Presto, the album openers are very good, but not nearly as much so...and they are completely overshadowed by much better songs on the album. The Big Money sounds very weak, to me, for a song that should be much stronger. It also is a bit cheasy. Listen, I like the song, but it doesn't do it's job as an album opener, for me.

For GuP through Presto, the album openers are very good, but not nearly as much so...and they are completely overshadowed by much better songs on the album.

Gotta disagree on this. For me, Distant Early Warning, The Big Money, Force Ten, and Show Don't Tell are all really good songs and rank among the top two or three tunes on their respective albums. Love Big Money as an opener.

• Like 1

I think combining Presto and Roll the Bones would be the hardest, given the lack of good songs. If I had to, I'd go with something like this:

Dreamline

Show, Don't Tell

Bravado

Roll the Bones

Where's My Thing?

The Big Wheel

The Pass

Ghost of a Chance

War Paint

Anagram

You Bet Your Life

The last one isn't a particularly good song in my view, but it's the best I can think of in terms of a closer. Still a pretty weak collection, although it would have its share of radio friendly songs.

Snake Parts

Side 1

Far Cry

Malignant Narcissism

Between Sun and Moon

Nobody's Hero

Hope

Side 2

Animate

Main Monkey Business

Cut to the Chase

Leave That Thing Alone

I could fit another song on and still get in under 45 minutes, but I think this works best as an album. 4 Instrumentals obviously wouldn't fly on such a short album, but I love all the instrumentals, and most of the songs that remain are excellent, making this quite a strong album, IMHO.

Power Grab

Side 1

Force Ten

Marathon

Grand Designs

Open Secrets

Manhattan Project

Side 2

The Big Money

Prime Mover

Turn The Page

Mission

Time Stand Still

• Like 2

POWER OF THE COUNTERSNAKE

The Big Money

Workin' Them Angels

Leave That Thing Alone

Animate

Armor and Sword

Manhattan Project

Alien Shore

The Larger Bowl

Cold Fire

Emotion Detector

Congrats on combining 3 albums and making one that would probably be worse than all but one Rush album.

POWER OF THE COUNTERSNAKE

The Big Money

Workin' Them Angels

Leave That Thing Alone

Animate

Armor and Sword

Manhattan Project

Alien Shore

The Larger Bowl

Cold Fire

Emotion Detector

Congrats on combining 3 albums and making one that would probably be worse than all but one Rush album.

I do have a knack for ruining good things, but come on now. Countersnake easily obliterates Power Grab. :P

For GuP through Presto, the album openers are very good, but not nearly as much so...and they are completely overshadowed by much better songs on the album.

Gotta disagree on this. For me, Distant Early Warning, The Big Money, Force Ten, and Show Don't Tell are all really good songs and rank among the top two or three tunes on their respective albums. Love Big Money as an opener.

I agree too, The Big Money and Force Ten are two of my favorite album openers

• Like 1

Usually, Rush album openers are among the best and/or most popular songs on an album. Through the first 9 albums, each one is absolutely killer. Even from RTB through Clockwork Angels (with the possible exception of OLV on VT), that holds true. For GuP through Presto, the album openers are very good, but not nearly as much so...and they are completely overshadowed by much better songs on the album. The Big Money sounds very weak, to me, for a song that should be much stronger. It also is a bit cheasy. Listen, I like the song, but it doesn't do it's job as an album opener, for me.

Really, I hold quite the opposite views, it's my favorite song, because of it's power, right off the get-go with the opening B major chord, it grabs me as the perfect marriage between Rush's Power Trio sound with their synth sound. Also with the cheesy-ness, that was an artistic decision in relation to the lyrical content. I admit first listen I was not "Big" on the repeated Big Money's, but it made sense and it rocked to me. I guess its all different opinions.