And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

Stop! Stop this adaptation of 'Puss-in-Boots'! This is the Police Department of the State of Venezuela!

Aren't you going to say 'What's all this then?'?

You don't believe I'm a policeman, do you Citizen? What am I wearing on my head? :joker: A policeman's helmet.

If you say 'mattress' he puts a bucket over his head.

Gaston! A bucket for monsieur.

The environmental barrier had been removed but we'd hit another: the language barrier. Citizen could not speak English and was therefore unable to give the answers.

With moist eyes, Citizen leaves this happy land of TRF to return to the harsh uneconomic realities of life in the land of Twitter. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Stop! Stop this adaptation of 'Puss-in-Boots'! This is the Police Department of the State of Venezuela!

You don't believe I'm a policeman, do you Citizen? What am I wearing on my head? :joker: A policeman's helmet.

The environmental barrier had been removed but we'd hit another: the language barrier. Citizen could not speak English and was therefore unable to give the answers.

With moist eyes, Citizen leaves this happy land of TRF to return to the harsh uneconomic realities of life in the land of Twitter. :outtahere:

Yes, yes, yes, I do follow, blackhawkrush, but you see the snag is... if I now call Twitter and say to them 'look here, I've got a 57-year-old Canadian with me who wants to join you', they`re going to ask what sort of experience he`s had with social media.
  • Like 2

Yes, yes, yes, I do follow, blackhawkrush, but you see the snag is... if I now call Twitter and say to them 'look here, I've got a 57-year-old Canadian with me who wants to join you', they`re going to ask what sort of experience he`s had with social media.

Right, typing speed? Fifty. 0 Levels? Eight. A Levels? Two. :ebert:
  • Like 2

if any of you could put in a word for me I'd love to be a freemason. Freemasonry opens doors. I mean, I was...I was a bit on edge just now, but if I were a mason I'd sit at the back and not get in anyone's way.
  • Like 2

if any of you could put in a word for me I'd love to be a freemason. Freemasonry opens doors. I mean, I was...I was a bit on edge just now, but if I were a mason I'd sit at the back and not get in anyone's way.

That's positive thinking for you. You wouldn't have said a thing like that, would you 73? You five-foot-ten-inch weed. :bitchslap:
  • Like 2

That's positive thinking for you. You wouldn't have said a thing like that, would you 73? You five-foot-ten-inch weed. :bitchslap:

Oh yes, he's in the cupboard under the stairs.
  • Like 2

And there is the Spanish Inquisition hiding behind the coal shed. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
  • Like 2

And there is the Spanish Inquisition hiding behind the coal shed. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

No, no. Look. This shed business -- it doesn't really matter. The sheds aren't important.
  • Like 2

No, no. Look. This shed business -- it doesn't really matter. The sheds aren't important.

And I suppose as his eldest son it must go to me.
  • Like 2

Three fabulous new prizes have just been added; a four-month supply of interesting undergarments, a fully motorized pig, and a hand-painted scene of Arabian splendour.
  • Like 2

Three fabulous new prizes have just been added; a four-month supply of interesting undergarments, a fully motorized pig, and a hand-painted scene of Arabian splendour.

Well, Picasso is reported to be unhurt, but the pig has a slight headache.
  • Like 2

Get over there against the wall, Canadischer pig, you're going to die! :bang bang: :hockeygoon:
  • Like 2

Get over there against the wall, Canadischer pig, you're going to die! :bang bang: :hockeygoon:

We bury him, he gets eaten up lots of weevils and nasty maggots, which as I said before is a bit of a shock if he's not quite dead.
  • Like 2

We bury him, he gets eaten up lots of weevils and nasty maggots, which as I said before is a bit of a shock if he's not quite dead.

I'm a very good shot. I practice every day. Well, not absolutely every day, like last weekend there really wasn't the time (I was watching the Hawks) :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

I'm a very good shot. I practice every day. Well, not absolutely every day, like last weekend there really wasn't the time (I was watching the Hawks) :eyeroll:

And now: a letter, a hotel registration book, and a series of photographs, which could add up to divorce, premature retirement, and possible criminal proceedings for a Hawks fan in Chicago.
  • Like 2

Nudge nudge. Snap snap. Grin grin, wink wink, say no more

I don't know what you're talking about... Oh, oh, I see, I thought, I thought you were the er...I like the police a lot. I've got a lot of time for them. :fistbump:
  • Like 2

I don't know what you're talking about... Oh, oh, I see, I thought, I thought you were the er...I like the police a lot. I've got a lot of time for them. :fistbump:

So if you're going out, or going on holiday, or anything strange happens involving other galaxies, just nip round to your local police station, and tell the Sergeant on duty - or his wife - of your suspicions. And the same goes for dogs.
  • Like 2

So if you're going out, or going on holiday, or anything strange happens involving other galaxies, just nip round to your local police station, and tell the Sergeant on duty - or his wife - of your suspicions. And the same goes for dogs.

Do you want to go upstairs? Or have you come to arrange a holiday?
  • Like 2

Er, well, the other one wasn't any good, so I'd like to swap it for this one, please. I have paid. I paid on Saturday. Here's the ticket.
  • Like 2

Er, well, the other one wasn't any good, so I'd like to swap it for this one, please. I have paid. I paid on Saturday. Here's the ticket.

Oh, well you want the Toupee Hall in that case, sir.
  • Like 2

Could this 18-year old hairdresser from Canada succeed where others had failed? The situation was complicated by the imminent arrival of the monsoon storms. blackhawkrush takes up the story.
  • Like 2

Could this 18-year old hairdresser from Canada succeed where others had failed? The situation was complicated by the imminent arrival of the monsoon storms. blackhawkrush takes up the story.

Oh, don't worry about him, sir. He's ma-- he's m-- he's ma-- he-- he-- he's m-- m-- m-- he's m-- he's m-- He's mad sir.
  • Like 2

Oh, don't worry about him, sir. He's ma-- he's m-- he's ma-- he-- he-- he's m-- m-- m-- he's m-- he's m-- He's mad sir.

Well look, I think I'd better have a second opinion on this. I want him to see a colleague of mine, a specialist in these sort of things, who has an office very much like this one as a matter of fact.
  • Like 2

Well look, I think I'd better have a second opinion on this. I want him to see a colleague of mine, a specialist in these sort of things, who has an office very much like this one as a matter of fact.

I am not the brain specialist. No, no, I am not. Yes! Yes, I am. :smash:
  • Like 2