Vapour Trails Remixed As A Whole - Your Verdict?

GeddysMullet

No amount of better mastering of mixing can improve bad music. VT is easily my least favorite Rush album. It sounds boring and tired. I can never make it through the whole album, bad mastering not withstanding. I'm not going to waste my money on the remix, but that's just my opinion.

It sounds boring and tired? LOL To me it has always sounded exciting and energetic. You want boring and tired try Snakes and Arrows.

:LOL: I missed that. ak2112's opinion is worthless. He said hasn't heard the Remix. Why does one post an opinion of the original in the Remix verdict thread if you haven't heard it. :wacko:

For the same reason that people review things on Amazon that they haven't bought!

No amount of better mastering of mixing can improve bad music. VT is easily my least favorite Rush album. It sounds boring and tired. I can never make it through the whole album, bad mastering not withstanding. I'm not going to waste my money on the remix, but that's just my opinion.

It sounds boring and tired? LOL To me it has always sounded exciting and energetic. You want boring and tired try Snakes and Arrows.

:LOL: I missed that. ak2112's opinion is worthless. He said hasn't heard the Remix. Why does one post an opinion of the original in the Remix verdict thread if you haven't heard it. :wacko:

Err, lipstick on a pig and all that.

It's still off-topic and dickish.

It's still off-topic and dickish.

Give us haters a break, Doc.

A little late to the party... I finally had a chance to listen to it all the way through a couple of times. I should start by saying I was one of the rare few who liked VT the way it was originally. It's one of my favorite albums. Listening to the remix, I thought at a couple of points they had gone too far, thinning out the guitar too much (Secret Touch, for example). But overall I like it. It is definitely a showcase for Geddy's bass playing. Geez! He is amazing. One of my favorite little moments is in Ceiling Unlimited (my favorite song on the album). Listening to the remix for the first time I actually got goosebumps when I heard the little solo they put in there. I was not expecting as many changes as they made. Nothing radical, but lots of little things you can notice if you're a big fan. A nice treat. Completely off topic: I don't know why but I can't make a new paragraph. I can't move the cursor with the enter button, the mouse, or the arrows. I hate it!! :rage:

Peaceable Kingdon is insane! Especially Geddy's bass in the chorus