Vapor Trails Remixed liner notes

The Analog Grownup

I don't know if they copied everything in the liner notes from the original version, but this really stood out for me:

As always we owe our families a huge debt

of love, gratitude, appreciation, and attention.

We also owe them an apology. <----

Is it some kind of Rush humor or is there something to it? Just got me curious anyway.

That's always been there.

What is added is, instead of saying 'Brought to you by the letter "3"', it says 'Still brought to you by the letter "3"'.

Also, a lady by the name of Lisa Glines is credited with Reissue design. So, it appears Mr. Syme did not have anything to do with the Remix art. She took some liberties (as did Mr. Bottrill) by adding colors to the comet ball, and other minor artistic changes. The booklet has not changed, except for the type font and credit changes.

• Like 3

What is added is, instead of saying 'Brought to you by the letter "3"', it says 'Still brought to you by the letter "3"'.

Also, a lady by the name of Lisa Glines is credited with Reissue design. So, it appears Mr. Syme did not have anything to do with the Remix art. She took some liberties (as did Mr. Bottrill) by adding colors to the comet ball, and other minor artistic changes. The booklet has not changed, except for the type font and credit changes.

I caught the "still", but I completely missed that Hugh Syme was not involved in the new art (Which I really like. It's a nice companion to the original.)

I caught the "still", but I completely missed that Hugh Syme was not involved in the new art (Which I really like. It's a nice companion to the original.)

Yeah, I like it too. The bumpy litho that came with Record Day purchases is very cool. I guess they figured if someone who was never involved with Rush remixed the album, then someone who was never involved with Rush should remix the cover. She works for Rhino Entertainment/Warner Music Group as a contract on-site designer, as well as doing freelance work. She's also good looking.

They didn't list the equipment. Maybe because they endorse other stuff now?

The added printing costs of listing al their equipment would be exorbitant. That's why their tour books cost so much.

:P

what bothers me is what was excluded (at least on the Studio albums boxset version):

"REMASTERED BY ANDY VAN DETTE MASTERDISK NYC"

For f*cks sake, give credit where credit is due! Rhino really dropped the ball on the remastering credits! Nowhere on the boxset does it say it was remastered, when it most certainly was (that was the point!!)